Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Omega-F, Jan 19, 2011.

1. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    I preordered this on Amazon literally minutes after the product pages were updated. I'm so absurdly excited for this technology. The launch titles are pretty underwhelming, but I've always had a soft spot for PilotWings, and I never finished SMT: Devil Survivor, so I think I'll probably pick those two up, and maaaaybe either Ridge Racer or one of the fighters, depending on what my cashflow is like.

It is going to be a difficult wait for this to land though. At least I have Radiant Historia and possibly Pokemon Black to look forward to in the meantime.

2. Registeel

Registeel Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    ftw +11111111111111111111111111111111

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Whut. Look at the pathetic history of console launch titles then look at the 3DS launch titles.

4. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Oh, I'm well aware. I remember when I got my original DS a few weeks after launch and the only game worth buying was Super Mario 64. I also got Feel The Magic XX/XY, which was incredibly bizarre. This launch seems about on par with that one though, nothing really stands out.

One of the best launch lineups I can recall was actually the ill-fated PSP: It hade Wipeout Pure, Lumines, Metal Gear Acid, Darkstalkers, Twisted Metal, THUG 2 and Ape Escape. Of course after that not a single title worth owning came out for over a year, but it had a damn good launch lineup.

5. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    The launch titles are irrelevant to me. Sadly, I am a new tech whore. With the noticeable exception of the iPad, which will never find its way into my home.

I've bought the NDS on multiple occassions, the PSP, two generations of the iPhone, two generations of the iPod Touch, the Ps3, which I've since sold, the 360, the Wii, the Gamecube, the Ps2, the Psone, the Dreamcast, the Saturn, the N64, the Sega Genesis, the Super Ninendo, the NES, the Gameboy, the Gameboy Color, the Gameboy Advance, the Atari 2800, the Atari 2600, at least 3 generations of PC and now 3 generations of laptop, the last one of which costs $1200.

This system could launch with only one title, Tiddlywinks 3D, and I'd still probably buy it.

6. Registeel

Jun 29, 2010
    Ugh. it's fricken $350 in australia. I'm just gonna order one from America, and just buy american games from amazon

7. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Amazon are getting strict on exporting gaming-related goods, I dunno how reliable they'd be.

8. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    [​IMG]

You heard it.

9. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    *Drools*

10. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    pretty cool, i have a box of ds games i was given im assuming this be backwards compatible i may have to buy one ( was just gonna get the regular DS LX, but my Mame arcade cab keeps robbing my money.. but im almost done with it so i see a DS in the future. im getting bored with my ipod ). and man the blond at 7:30 ish has some really really tight butt jeans on... probably to help her stay standing all day man.. i do not see how she could sit in them.

i have a feeling the 3ds is gonna be a hit, regardless if i think 3d is a trend right now.. i bought a new tv and they tried so hard to get me to buy a 3d tv... i told the sales man, nope maybe in 10 years ill check into them.

chris.

11. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    #131 sid187, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    well iv been buying my mame arcade control goodies from the uk from a company ultramarc... here is my newest addition to my mame cab:

http://www.ultimarc.com/aimtrak.html

best gun for mame i have found. :D or any game that uses a gun for input. lots of flash games too i guess that can use it.. ( i wish it had force feed back like the dream cast desert eagle 50. i may try to add a motor to it when i get healthier ) i think ill buy resident evil i think it can use a gun for input on the pc.. laughs, i got side tracked.. been in the hospital last week drugs have me all loopy more so than normal. :(
    chris.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    This is for the 3DS? Looks terrible.

13. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    In comparison to? The sprite-based iPhone version?

14. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Ice cold my friend. ;)

15. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    $250 is about $100 over the price I'd pay for a portable game system. But, alas, Sony is trotting out their bloated hardware that's gonna end up even costlier than 3DS.

Another company could right now come in with a reasonably powered portable game system, sell that as close to $149.99 (the "magic" price point of such products) and sweep the market. No company will do this, however.

And enough with directly comparing 3DS and NGP/PSP2 to iOS devices. Different markets, different types of consumers, different wants/desires and expectations.

16. Registeel

Jun 29, 2010
    seriously?

ugh fml.

17. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    #137 Electric_Shaman, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
    Anyone else get an e-mail inviting them to a pre-launch preview event? (UK)

I seem to remember I might have put myself down on some kind of list for something like this ages ago. The e-mail reads: "You have been selected to attend", yet I've filled in the form for a ticket, but it just sent me to a page saying "Thanks for the application, if successful a link to your ticket will be send via e-mail by the Wednesday before the event". The event is this Sunday. It's Thursday. I got the e-mail at 2pm this afternoon.

Fake or what?

edit:
    Looks like it was real, going to get to play on a 3DS this Sunday! :D

18. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
  19. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Finally gave in and preordered one today, the launch line up is nothing special though. Woudnt mind Mario kart being there

20. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Capcom said that they had Resident Evil 5 running on the 3DS, so I wonder if they'll port that in the future (I'd prefer 4, but that one is ok too).