Universal NO THING - Surreal Arcade Trip (by Evil Indie Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Evil Indie Games, Apr 6, 2016.

1. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Why doesn't the iOS version have vr like the android version?

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #42 Qwertz555, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    I died 564 times, spent 786 minutes (instead of sleeping, lol), made many endless attempts starting mostly from level 1. Oh these lovely soundtracks!
    And i'm not done with this mode, by far not yet, too hypnotizing.

Level 7 is speedy as hell and almost half of the corridors are even half in width now. Red boxes are rare and add a (imho, too) long taking glitch in the worst moment...my best is 70%. Once. I'm damn proud, cos usually i die around 45%.
    Concerning this level, well, in the back of my brain i hear Jim Morrison singing: This is the end, beautiful friend...

Sorry, my Queen of Ice, you'll probably never get my message.

Maybe yet....96% NOOOOOOOOO!!!

3. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    #43 Qwertz555, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    No, i'm not getting paid...

Unbelievable, i past level 7...
    Without being an AndyC83, only persistence, more persistence and nerves of steel will let you pass this one. Oh, and throwing your iphone across the room won't help.

Though level 8 (confusing maze at first sight, but much easier in the end) introduces the blue cubes, you'll only need them in the next level. Voice: This is the time when speed wins.
    When and which color to pick up gets a bit puzzle-ish now, and you'll also have to memorize your timed turns to make sure you'll pick up the right cube(s). Jumping is involved again, though not as irritating as in level 4, but i'm only 25% in. Even shortcuts seem possible this way, though i wonder how i would reach those 100%.

I'm very curious to see a TA reviewer's score on this one (if ever one is done). The approach to yet another runner, the spent time and how does s/he likes the music, which is a huge factor, imho. I wouldn't be surprised to see a low 2.5 up to a rock solid 4.5 stars.

Reached level 10. Hold your skirt low Queen, i'm coming to ya.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Carter would rate this at a max of 3.5, I for one love this game!

5. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Chameleon Run it is. The descriptions of this game are vague, it sounds really frustrating. I was also very turned off by the, we are a small team so we make games we like to play. How do you expect to grow if you only make games you like to play, and do you really want to play a game like Sochi Ski Jumping 3D - Winter Sports Free? Self indulgence is all well and good but. Well I wish you guys the best. Put up that F2P version!

6. Evil Indie Games

Evil Indie Games Well-Known Member

Michal from Evil Indie Games:
    "Sochi Ski Jumping 3D - Winter Sports Free" - it's old story. In 2014 my brother (Piotr) really wanted to make a game in tribute to Kamil Stoch - polish ski jumper who won 2 gold medals in 2014 in Sochi, Russia. We did that game for fun in tribute to him in 3 days.
    My brother likes to make simple fun games. He did Timberman, Surfingers and Fly O'Clock with Digital Melody.

"How do you expect to grow if you only make games you like to play" - in fact we don't want to grow to big company :) We love our freedom to make different games, not always correct :)

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Well I think this is something quite wonderful and should be shouted from the rooftops.

I am however absolutely bobbins at it.....

8. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I'd prefer a game the dev would want to play because then you know it will be done really well. There's nothing wrong with being a small company. Small indie developers make the best games and are more attentive to their fans. I'd rather give my money to a small indie team than to a big company any day.

This is a good game and worth it's asking price.

Billy

9. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    If you don't like it then move on, but please show a bit more respect. Manners maketh the man - or something.

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'm almost at the end of level 2. Love this!

11. Brawwwn

Jul 30, 2015
    I LOVE Surfingers!! Criminally underrated game. I think what kills me about this game is the playing a level, getting to 99% and dying because of something practically out of your control. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, like I said, I wish you guys the best. I've just never heard of people devoting their lives to something with no intention to grow.

12. Evil Indie Games

#52 Evil Indie Games, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    It's nice that you know and like Surfingers! We are making more casual, commercial games with Digital Melody Games, Evil Indie Games is trying to be more hardcore and indie :)

"I've just never heard of people devoting their lives to something with no intention to grow." - In fact we want to make better and better games, we want to realize our dreams, and NO THING is a huge step forward for us.
    NO THING is a first game created and published by Evil Indie Games on Steam for PC, MAC and Linux devices!
    It's a whole new gaming world for us :)

13. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    What a challenging and worthy last level 10, and so is the beautiful song.

I've covered/memorized 65% with blind eyes, know the next bumpy 34% (reached 99% twice), but i haven't figuered out how to reach the Queen.
    After going 2-3 times the last (?) lap on top (passing two red cubes, picking them up lets me fall. Hmm, maybe i should...), i see a corridor going way up, but no way to reach it, yet.

@Brawwwn
    Great response, you've shown class here. Thanks.
    Glad i didn't post (my ban) right away when i read your very disrespectful last sentence, yesterday. Top!

14. Evil Indie Games

[​IMG]

Craig Grannell from Pocket Gamer:
    "Aesthetically gorgeous, but narrowly misses brilliance by being a bit too brutal. Definitely worth a look though"
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/NO+THING/review.asp?c=69739

We love "narrowly misses brilliance by being a bit too brutal"! :cool:

15. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Message delivered!
    - deaths 1032
    - time 1479 minutes
    - best 452

Attached Files:

16. Evil Indie Games

#56 Evil Indie Games, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Congratulations Qwertz555! :)

And we are super happy because NO THING is now featured as one of the BEST NEW GAMES on the US App Store! :)

[​IMG]

17. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Very nice indeed! Are your retina still in tact? Lol

18. Brawwwn

Jul 30, 2015
    Thanks Qwertz and Evil Indie thanks for being so quick to respond and patient, I came on a little strong at first, it's just been a long week. I'll pick this up when I have some extra money even though it doesn't look like my cup of tea, the visuals pique my interest! I just typed out my thoughts without really thinking haha, happens. Despite my impoliteness (if that's a word), Qwertz, were you implying you were going to ban me from TA for what I said? That seems a tittybit harsh. Anyways, sorry for being a pain in the ass and good luck with your future. And now look screw me, it DID get featured after all! Damn app store.

19. Brawwwn

Jul 30, 2015
    Bought. I can tell this is going to piss me off but it's enjoyable so far. Very, very trippy, me like! Checkpoints even just one half way through a level would really be welcome.

20. Brawwwn

Jul 30, 2015
    I love flying off the level and frantically trying to readjust myself and I just end up humping the edge of the path and I can do this...forever! Until I get bored and tap to kill myself. Not being sarcastic, it's hilarious.