Universal Noblemen: 1896 (By Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    I have fallen in love with every game Foursaken has made so far except for two. This looks to be no exception, what I've played so far is extraordinary.

But I consider myself to be a Premium gamer. Is it possible to turn this game Premium, and if so how much would you have to spend and on what?

Broke my heart to see this game free to play, but I won't pass judgment yet till my question is answered. So far it looks like even if I spent $10, $20, $30, whatever, it'd run out fast and the feeling of needing to spend more will return. Really hope I'm wrong. I'd appreciate anybody's thoughts or replies on the matter, thank you.

2. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Does it support cloud saving?

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yes!

4. tylercericello

Dec 30, 2013
    Still unable to play please help :( when I click on headquarters or the armory it closes out the app and I can't even play

5. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    My point exactly.
    The is so much to stuff (upgrades, loot boxes, special ammo, cards, units etc) that you'll be paying ludicrous amounts to get it all so turning this game premium so to speak seems near impossible.

I've only been playing for a short while and already enemy noblemen can easily oneshot me so my choice is to pay and hope I get the right upgrades (the is no guarantee the stuff I get will boost my nobleman) or start grinding for god knows how long. Sad!

6. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    4/10 review from PocketGamer

7. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    On the one hand, their review perfectly captures my confusion after the first 5 missions. On the other hand, I'd like to know if they played the same 5 missions I did, or just 1-2, or a lot more.

8. Lunacy182

Lunacy182 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Your impression of the game is still on the forum. It's just in the free to play rant garbage bin where it belongs.

9. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    #49 SherlockEB, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    They raise some good points.

That's pretty much what I was thinking while playing

10. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    Feels like a mashup of their previous stuff, but doesn't congeal into anything I cared to play for more than 5 minutes.

11. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hmmm after playing for almost 4 hours
    I feel this game is the worst of all forsaken games...
    The worst one that I really care about is the amount of power it drains from the phone.. It's totally unacceptable.
    And the game seems very annoying at later stages. Not sure how to put it. It doesn't feel good playing.
    So sad!

12. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    This game is not getting good reviews at all
    Hopes may have been too high I thought it was gonna be a premium for a while then found out it was FTP figured that was a bad sign
    The bad reviews make some good points that are hard to ignore like the emptiness of the battlefield, the AI seems wobbly the way they run etc is a bit strange, targets are hard to hit so you waste lots of bullets firing at them etc

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Manners, folks.
    Erpiotta5 & nkx, that specifically includes you two. Behave, please.

14. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Where and how are you getting oneshotted? Maybe use cover better? I've never had this happen......

There isn't a leaderboard, competition, etc. several of us beat the majority of the missions, unlocked most of the stuff, etc. without spending anything. The IAP only expedites the game unlocking process. As Foursaken said, if playing the game is "grinding" then yep, you're right.

The only thing you run out of is ammo. I've not done this, either, and they've given you MORE in the release version. The cards and noblemen and etc. are unlocked for good.

IAP = cheat codes to unlock the game faster, if you want. If you dropped $10-15, you'd unlocked a ton of stuff early or late... I'll only do it to support FM, though, as its unnecessary...

Unfortunately, I don't think that will get stated enough and maybe its not clear... that, I will give a fault on.

It's got a Pocket Gamer review (meh) and its 4.4 on the iStore....??? That's it. I haven't seen any others?

For Heroes & Castles 2, this reviewer played the game for about 5-10 mins. His video replay showed that. For some reason, I don't understand, he has it out for their games... I don't want to get into it, but that review, and hopefully this one which is about 4-5 mins of game play, gets the same treatment. I haven't read through his reviews before, but I don't know many games that don't start you out "slow" with a tutorial if its especially a new type of game...??

As the game progresses, the "sparse" levels fill up with all kinds of units on each army, and you WANT the wide open spaces to move yourself and your troops into position.

I do get stuck occasionally on scenery. I will give this person that.

15. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #55 Son of Anarchy, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    Honest thoughts ahead...

Normally I would've insta deleted after seeing duel consumable currency iap, no restorable iap's, rewards on timers etc. But this is a Foursaken game, and that alone deserves a thorough fair trial because I love and respect these guys immensely.

In the end I can't shake the feeling that waaay too much time was spent concocting the free to play model, inventing ways of maximising profit that completely messes with my head. For all I know it could be the fairest system in the world, but I'm a Premium gamer and all I see is free to play freemium hell. I can't get past it.

I just want to play the game, but to do so I feel like I've got to use endless amounts of my real money just to play a lottery in the game to receive random things.

I'm going to stop now, I just wanted to share an opinion as a longtime Foursaken fan/supporter. I'm also going to be honest with myself and say, if I wouldn't accept this from any other developer, why am I considering accepting it from Foursaken? And my answer is I guess I won't, no matter how good the game is. I can't support this method of monetisation. It's wrong on so many levels, we all know it.

The worst part is that the amazing game hiding underneath all of it suffers the most because of it. Please consider releasing a premium version, whatever the price. I want to pay you fairly.

16. Erpiotta5

Erpiotta5 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Well said, finally someone who speaks my language! Happy to support devs if make a premium version

17. TheKindMind

TheKindMind Member

Aug 11, 2017
    PocketGamer is not a reputable source. Have you read some of their reviews? They rarely finish games or even play them for longer than 15 mins before reviewing them. For instance, check out their Time Crash review. They literally played the tutorial and that's it. The developers even called them out on it in the comments. Wait for TA's review if you need more reliable impressions but it's free so I'm going to try it out now.

18. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Man after playing this a lot unfortunately i have to agree with most negative comments. I love foursaken and every game they made but this feels so off their other games. Especially the IAP system. Gameplay wise i like it a lot although the comments and review that says you feel like you run around an empty battlefield trying to find someone to murder are so true. The graphics are nice typical for foursaken i expected nothing less. There are alot going on and you can do many different things which is something i like. But as i said earlier the iap system is there and even if you buy the starter pack you need more. Much more. Having played most of foursaken's games i really believe their purpose is not to push you buy any iap but the iap is there. Two different iap currency hourly monthly daily weekly etc gaining silver and gold are there. Not intrusive ads are there too if you choose to double gold or silver. I really trust Foursaken and i hope they will put a choice for us to buy some kind of premium? form of the game. I will leave the 5 star review for now as i want to say thanks to these guys for the great effort but if nothing changes i will change it. No matter of what this game is or will be my love for foursaken is there :)

19. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    It's got a Pocket Gamer review (meh) and its 4.4 on the iStore....??? That's it. I haven't seen any others

That's the one I was referring to that and player reviews
    Like it or not pocketgamer was right in their review of the game
    I am going to keep playing it anyway and wait for updates etc to see if it improves some
    Not trying to bash the game but it does have some flaws (a lot of games do) I do think some people on here are being way too kind about it that's all
    I rarely ever trust any reviews on the App Store especially when a game is new give it a few weeks and check those reviews again most of those people haven't even played it

20. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    What skirmish or level are you at that it feels empty?