NOVA 3 - Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    #301 Kbcorwin, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    Today and tomorrow gameloft is having a thing where you can come into their San Francisco office, if you got a spot, and play the game early, I'm guessing this is to get multiplayer hands vids on out in the wild to get people excited for the release, this is why I think the 10th, but still, I'm including a healthy dose of optimism in that guess

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Actually that's exactly the right news.
    The hands on videos and reviews will be up on Monday which would definitely tie in with a release on Thursday.
    The reviews would need to be fresh in people's minds to maximise exposure for release day.
    Definitely betting on the 10th now.
    Thanks for that piece of info.

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

I have noticed that, and obviously they can do the same thing here.

4. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    My question is why bother hyping up an ios game anyway? Just release it when it is done and if it is a good game people will buy it. look at call of duty zombies on the ios. It was randomly released one day and it sold great. Sure it had the call of duty name backing it up but not many people follow up on ios game news and those who do would likely buy it without the hype anyways. N.O.V.A 3 will come out, get game of the week and be on the top 25 chart for three or so days whether or not it is hyped up.

5. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

6. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco

Why bother hyping up Christmas? It'll come, you'll give/get presents, and before you know it, it's the new year.

I absolutely don't see the reasoning, in the context of a thread meant to hype a game, behind your question. Not trying to be rude. But c'mon.

7. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Well no it's just that if the game is already made I don't see the point in not releasing it as soon as possible.

8. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    Oh, you're just impatient. LOL. Join the club, my friend. I cannot wait.

9. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Why does the AI still look so dumb?

10. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    because they don't have convenient waist-high "cover" areas all over the place. go play Mass Effect - great game, no "cover," stupid AI

11. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Creating an unique A.I that does what you would expect from it isn`t as easy as that and mostly Major AAA Company have their own Guy or even a hole Team for that Part of the Game.

As you can expect many Publisher/Developer don`t do that extra Work and therefor you will see in most Cases the same Movements through their entire Franchise.

Don`t get me wrong - It`s not only Ubisoft/Gameloft that does it that Way. Same as Activision or Electronic Arts many other go that Way to save some Money so don`t be to hard with the N.O.V.A Franchise.

12. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
  13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    God damn it. That's just too good.
    I'm just gonna have to buy some of the iap now to demonstrate that these kind of developments and production values need to be on iOS.
    And in the premium, not freemium category. Just to demonstrate we are not afraid to pay for good stuff on ios and we are happy to reward good games.
    Quite fearfull of the size of it now but at the same time I don't really care because it looks so good.
    Damn, it does look real good. Roll on launch. Gonna need some time off work and new thumbs.

14. b00mers

b00mers Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    whiterun
    I really ope they make a controller app for the iPhone so you can use your iPhone as the controller and your iPad as the screen

15. killercow

"Why do you deserve more than anyone else to play N.O.V.A. 3 iOS in exclusivity before its release? Tell us & you may get the game on Monday!" Via gameloft's twitter

The game might release on thursday then!

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Darn I was hoping Tuesday :p

I'd totally enter that contest but I can't think of anything creative enough to answer that question with...

17. killercow

It could be tuesday but now all big games are released on thursday so...

18. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    #319 Johnny101, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    Maybe I'm jumping the gun here but this could be the best game ever on iOS ( so much for not hyping it up)

Multiplayer with vehicles, jetpacks, outstanding graphics and maps,etc...
    There are very few games that are must have for iOS. This looks like one of them. Here's hoping.

Just for fun, I put a list of games that really show off iOS gaming. Must have games for me.

1. Cod zombies, BO zombies
    2. Mc2 and Mc3
    3. Dead Space
    4. Infinity Blade 1 and 2
    5. Real Racing 2
    6. Street fighter Volt
    7. Shadowgun
    8. Nova 2...... Nova 3??

19. IDABRO

IDABRO Active Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Why does it have to be GAMELOFT that is releasing this game?! They make the best games but handle them so badly! Order and Chaos, MC3... both incredible games, but terrible customer service and hacking problems. This game looks incredible.