NOVA 3 - Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Frankly, the Halo thing was getting old. And yeah, it looks pretty darned good.

2. Manu3008

Manu3008 Active Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Looks like? I suddenly had a small sense of deja-vu watching kotaku's video they even changed tha bad guys from the past novas and now I f*cking swear those are ceph now (the ceph are the bad guys from crysis)[​IMG]

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It does look like crysis 2 but wow, does it look good or what!
    Plus a May release which is even better news.
    Unfortunately, I had planned on giving up on Gameloft altogether because of certain recent practices and their lack of interest in fixing bugs in a certain premium game but now after seeing these brief clips of in game play, I'm gonna have to instabuy.
    It simply looks like a massive improvement on NOVA 2, which was brilliant graphically when launched, and even on MC3 which, despite many major bugs and hacker problems, is still the top fps on the app store.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Pretty cool video. We've all been waiting for NOVA 3 for long enough, heh.

5. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Wait, it releases in May?! EXCELLENT!

I really like the environment that was shown. I love fighting in big cities (in games).

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Thanks Sanuku!

7. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
  8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #109 Rip73, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    I agree, the city street fighting element looks very cool and bodes very well for the multiplayer maps.
    The last NOVA looked great but was just a bit dull and repetitive. This one looks like a cross between MC3 and crysis 2 which should be awesome.
    And I know some people will criticise the cloning of a popular console game but until a version of Crysis or Halo comes out on iOS, what choice do we have that will satisfy our fps needs? (other than MC3, which I play a lot but is criticised as a clone of another game that is not available on the device I play the most, an iPad)
    Can't carry a console around in my pocket to get my Halo fix so this looks like it will do very nicely, thank you very much.

Edit: one thing I noticed is that the city looks very contemporary rather than futuristic which is interesting.

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Sure they're kinda ripping off others but as long as those companies won't make mobile games and as long as gameloft makes them GOOD games then I don't care. This NOVA3 looks better than MC3 to me and I thought Nova2 was more fun the MC, maybe just because I enjoy Halo esque games more than the Call of Duty ones.

10. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    I dunno I felt that the first NOVA was a little remiscent of crysis but mainly just because of the way the hands looked.

11. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I'm just happy to see the trailer and excited to see it's coming out this next month. :)

12. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#113 Sanuku, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    Let`s take a look at the new Trailer:

[​IMG]

We know that it is being developed by Gameloft and not Ubisoft. I have tried to get from Gameloft more Information about that topic but as far as I assume the Team behind it is Gameloft Montreal because the Team in Singapore might work on some other yet not announced Project (Fantasy,...)

[​IMG]

It`s yet not clear if we will be able to jump in the Game whenever we want to or if it will be only possible to jump over the usual obstacles.

[​IMG]

It seem like San Francisco got attacked by someone or something. Also the sliding looks very similar to the One in SEGA`s Vanquish. Still no one at Gameloft has announced anything about that topic...

[​IMG]

It save to assume that there is a War going on on Earth so the Question will be if we will only play through San Francisco or other Places like in Crysis 2 New York too.

[​IMG]

Similar to Crysis and Halo we have again a Dynamic Shield that does Protect us. If it will be similar as in the Crytek Games is yet not clear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Areas in which we do fight seem to be much, much bigger then in any N.O.V.A Games before which might finally lead to some improved A.I that is actually moving around and using like in this Case a higher Position to flank us.

[​IMG]

Does it only look like or did the Space Marines actually did flank the Aliens while we sneak around them and then pulled the Trigger? Could it be possible that N.O.V.A 3 does use a System similar to Gearbox Brothers in Arms to actually command our Team?

[​IMG]

Shells are back again in the Game...

[​IMG]

...even if those don`t do much Damage

[​IMG]

An old Friend seem to be also back in the Game...

[​IMG]

...which shouldn`t have returned.

[​IMG]

New InHouse GameEngine that doesn`t run on an iPod Touch? Or did Gameloft simple forgot to put that Device into the List?

13. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    Looks like we'll be able to use iron sites (or holographic sights).

14. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    Thanks captain obvious^ Lol jk...

15. Manu3008

Manu3008 Active Member

Apr 10, 2012
    The shield this time I'm guessing they'll implement an activation mechanism lIke in crysis if you see sanuku's fourth in game picture you can see the sides of the screen with hexagons that happens in crysis when you go into armor mode... If they actually implement all this I hope they get the stealth and power modes in there too

16. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    What's with the up and down arrows on the gun on the 6th picture? Kinda odd looking...

17. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    wow crysis 2 clone

18. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    To be honest, I'm pretty underwhelmed by that trailer. It could just be a bad trailer, but the game looks rather plain and boring compared to NOVA 2. And the graphics don't appear to be any better than NOVA 2, at least in my opinion. I'll give it a chance and wait until it's released, but I'm not expecting much.

19. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    About 70% of game trailers I've seen have listed iPhone and iPad, but never iPod Touch, even if they run on said device.