NOVA 3 - Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I'm guessing that it will be at least 1.0 gb

2. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    #142 crex, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    I'm not really sure since I don't have it, but I think heard someone say that it expanded to over 2 uncompressed.

EDIT: Nvm, u r right. It expands to 1.7. I was mistaken. But there's always time for a first, and I wouldn't be surprised it Nova 3 passed the 2gb limit.

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

4. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
  6. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    A simple solution for size would be to make a app for the multiplayer and an app for the singleplayer or do what tell tale games does and have different parts if the game is really huge...

7. killercow

"Be sure to check out http://TouchGen.com at 9:00am GMT Monday, for our hands-on preview and the first gameplay footage of #NOVA3"

8. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I love the falling scrap in the gameplay video. The environments look much more lively now.

9. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Yeah quite a few sites got hands-on with the game a week ago.

10. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
  11. wineekt

wineekt Member

Apr 17, 2012
    I'm not a big fan of sci-fi game, but it looks cool! :)

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    One thing they have to get right is not to repeat the hacker problems that MC3 had and now has again.
    Used to love that game but in reality it was hacked a day after it launched, 4 months to fix and now the hackers are all over the place again.
    Hopefully this won't happen again with NOVA 3.

13. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    contain campaing single player?

or

is online only

14. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    It will have multiplayer...

15. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
  16. killercow

#156 killercow, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012

"it’s not created by the same Montreal development team inside Gameloft"

"The graphics engine is dual-core optimised, with dynamic lighting and shadows (though we didn’t see any character shadowing in this build). It boasts the largest draw distance yet – and for those with iPad 3′s, everything will be in crisp retina quality."

"The 10 levels of the single player campaign should last around 5 hours on hard or difficult mode"

"Many iOS gamers will be happy to know that Gameloft have not chosen to go the freemium route with N.O.V.A. 3. And while there is some evidence of in-app purchasing available, it’s not required to finish the game. Instead, it is for those who get stuck and wish to add additional armour, grenades, claymors (though you can pick some of these items up as you progress) to give you a boost"

Multiplayer: "there are six game modes in all, across six maps. More importantly, they’ve upped the player count to 12." (like mc3 then)

"However, the gameplay is still very much in the same vein as Quake 3 arena or Unreal Tournament, with random weapon spawn points giving it a faster and more hectic experience."

"New to multiplayer are vehicles. There have been vehicles present in the single player campaign, but never in the multiplayer too. Here you’ll be able to jump into an armoured buggy – in either the driving position, or jump on the back to man the gun. But, by far the coolest vehicle we saw, was the Mech – a big two-legged machine that looked a cross between a Scout-Walkers from Jedi, and the mechs in Avatar. Unfortunately we couldn’t grab any footage, or images of that in action… but we can’t wait to get our hands on one. And finally, jet packs are also available. I can’t wait to snipe some of you guys out of the sky!"

http://www.touchgen.net/n-o-v-a-3-hands-on-preview

Slidetoplay is reporting that the game is uses the same engine as Modern Combat 3

17. handintoaster

Dec 2, 2010
    Vehicles on multiplayer woo hoo!

18. osorio

osorio Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    #158 osorio, Apr 30, 2012
  19. osorio

osorio Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    #159 osorio, Apr 30, 2012
    Looks awesome

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Any videos on multiplayer? Anyway looks frickin awesome!