NOVA revisited

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by helmania, Feb 19, 2010.

1. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

Prefer N.O.V.A. too (and by the same token The Infinity Project)

2. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    Do you know how cocky, arrogant, and idiotic you sound? You are literally saying, "you're all wrong because I said so". And what makes you the deciding power on "funness" of app store games? You're a conceited idiot

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    +1, thread closed.

4. frendil

frendil Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New Zealand!!
    Yea to me it doesnt sound so much like everyone else is a NOVA fanboy but that you are a COD fan boy. COD:Z was fun and a good game but personally I preferred NOVA, the controls were so much better and it was just an awesome game.

5. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I would say CoD is better just because of the hackers on NOVA. I have only played CoD on a friend's touch, but anything is better than NOVA's online multiplayer at the moment.

6. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I don't know why you're complaining about NOVA being boring compared to CoD Zombies. NOVA is $7, CoD is $17. Think about it!

7. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    I was going to give a proper response to this thread, but then I read who made it.

:rolleyes:

Structure - 3/10
    Effort - 2/10
    Subtlety - 1/10

Result: 2/10

8. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Gameloft has always had a niche to fill: the places big game companies ignore.

For a good while, that's been mobile phones. They had games like the first 3d BIA out on Verizon phones long before the iphone existed (though, that is a licensed property).

What happened is, the iPhone came out, and big developers were/are still ignoring it. So they took and continued their old model, ramped up some.

Big-name developers of FPS neglecting iphone? Copy some FPSes at good (but not AAA) quality and release it (ex: NOVA and Modern Combat).

Developers of GTA neglecting iphone? Gangstar...etc...

Gameloft is great, they're doing a lot to legitimatize the platform and gather gamer interest, too. NOVA obviously isn't Halo, but it was pretty well put together (especially for them) in a pretty short time to fill that gap.