Universal numDance (by Pine Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by antony.thai, Sep 28, 2016.

1. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    I must agree. I don't feel like I am doing anything to make myself any more successful from one game to the next. I think by maybe giving us specific examples of good and bad moves and good and bad strategies might help. I've played around 30 to 40 rounds now and have tried focusing on getting rid of as many of the grayed out numbers as I can, I've tried to focus on low numbers next to higher numbers, numbers that are alternating, numbers that are the same, numbers that are a number away from the highest number, and large groups of the same numbers and don't know that one strategy worked better than any of the others. I've noticed that when when a 1 is next to 5 or more, I've often had longer chain reactions, but I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence and based on the rest of the board or if that's what I'm supposed to be doing. It also seems unclear as to how the numbers add together when they are combined and whether it's relevant to the score and to the resulting number if we combine a 1 and a 2 or a 2 and 2 or 5 of the 2s. Do the same numbers have to be diagonal to combine during a chain reaction? Besides the resulting number when combining numbers being unclear, does combining any specific numbers or amount of numbers affect the score and how high of a number would we have to reach to be considered to be doing well?

2. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Been playing this for a bit.
    Developer was nice enough to give me an early promo code.

Like Politaire, the aesthetics are very nice. Everything looks and feels smooth and polished.

As I'm currently on the top of the leaderboard, I feel like I should be able to give some strategic advice...
    But I really can't. I've kind of been winging it, getting a feel from the times I do well, and going on (hopefully) improving instinct.

I, like others, wish I had a better actual understanding of what worked best so that I could claim that it was careful thought that was responsible for my successes. But I'm really just going by feel.

One idea I have for the devs to consider is some kind of "trial mode" where you could undo or reverse moves you've made and then try something different to see what works better. I think this might help with gaining an understanding of what's going on, and then learning to predict and apply what moves would work best.
    And if the undo option was only available in a separate mode, you would preserve the leaderboard for less trial-and-error play.

This is definitely worth checking out. It's kind of mesmerizing.
    I'm glad to see the development team continuing to produce more games, as there is some clear talent at work there.

3. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    @TheGodless, HelperMonkey: thanks for your suggestions. We will analysis them carefully and will try to add them in next version.

If you have suggestions/feeedbacks, don't worry to talk to me. We are always waiting for them to improve our game.

4. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    You are the coolest developer ever. Always open to suggestions and working so well with people to make changes or improvements.
    Developers like you are what make Touch Arcade such a great community in the iOS gaming world. #

I am still having fun with Politaire and o:anguan. But this one does feel too random, like you can just tap away and hope for the best.
    What if you could only merge the tiles around the one you tapped instead of all the moves happening after it so you could have more control?

5. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I can control like WHAT merged together for the most part(obviously not like the first turn or anything) it's just that even if you make good combinations, like I had tons of 7's around the board once, and still didn't. Beat some random score I got when I first played...

6. TheGodless

Jan 15, 2013
    Agreed!

7. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Downloaded the game, didn't read one line of the tutorial before it quickly disappeared - and had no idea what was happening!

Good to see that PINE plan to change this. Recommend TAP to proceed.

8. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    If you have other feedbacks/suggestions, don't worry to talk to me. We always wait for them. :)

9. TheGodless

Jan 15, 2013
    Any progress on a strategy guide or has anyone figured out a strategy to use to get a decent score?

10. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    My team is thinking about something new beside your feedbacks. Hope that we will find something special.