Universal Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm (In development)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fox-One-1, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    with UE4 powered this game, i really hope Oceanhorn 2 will come to switch as well. that is a really nice graphics btw. im really excited for this.

2. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    These are the kind of games that we would be getting on iOS regularly had the iOS gaming scene not changed dramatically around the end of 2013 . If things like dead space and mass effect infiltrator were made with the iPad 2 in mind just imagine how similar games would look if they were being made with the iPad Air 2 in mind .

3. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Might step on zeldas toes a bit I'm not sure Nintendo would be down with it.

Reguardless it looks great!

4. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    ### You can take it all!

5. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    THIS! I've been a iOS gamer since day once of the App Store. Just look at my join date. I found this site shortly after but iOS gaming has been my only gaming I have done since. My consoles basically became obsolete. The first game I played which showed me what a touch screen can do is a game called Meteor Blitz. And the funny thing is until this day those controls are still one of the best I've used, and this was in the very early days of the iPod touch 1st gen. Then Gameloft came on the scene and let me tell you, there was once a time where I could not wait for a gameloft game. Modern combat 1 and 2 and even 3 were incredible the first two were $6.99 no IAP included Gems. You also had Nova 1,2 and 3, castle of magic, zombie infection. The list goes on. These were all premium games. Dead Space was another one of my all time favorites. I can keep going. My point is I truly feel IAP's is what ultimately killed the premium experience and has ultimately kept devs away. Remeber, when the App Store first landed it did not have any IAP's, I can't remeber when but I remeber when they announced IAP's at one of the keynotes and I knew it was the beginning of the end. So I really hope we can get more big devs on board, but to do that I think we are going to need a $19.99 to $29.99 price tag to be a normal thing and people do purchase it. Whenever I see a Dev go the premium route, 9 out of 10 I make the purchase. The last one was The Binding of Issac and until now I'm still playing daily.

6. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    The bioshock debacle was the final nail in the coffin for serious ios gaming . Now we will be getting the occasional independent great looking game, like oceanhorn2, and thats about it .

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    And a few wonderful ports like Jade Empire and Final Fantasy IX. And a few originals like Chaos Rings III and Adventures of Mana. And of course, Oceanhorn. I still need to get Oceanhorn on my PS4. I think I've got it on my iPad and Mac too. But since I've been playing through the original on my phone, I haven't wanted to start over to see it on my TV or Mac. But I probably will. I imagine Oceanhorn 2 will look great on our TV. And yeah, I'll buy it no matter the cost. Hope it's a financial success for them!

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    this is the kind of game that makes me still have faith in iOS gaming. anyway, if they release the game on any platform that i have, im going to buy them all to support them.

9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I think the anticipation and the waiting is going to drive me nuts on this one. After following the development and playing the first one over and over and over, I always classify my excitement for new games as "Oceanhorn Excited."

I'm definitely "Oceanhorn Excited" for this one.

10. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    I've been playing Zelda:BotW on the Switch, and Oceanhorn 2 seems to be based on that game. This is really hyping me up! The living breathing world, the large open map, tons of quests and stuff to do. I mean, based on the screenshots, it is inspired by that game right?

11. Fox-One-1

Fox-One-1 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    #51 Fox-One-1, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    -

Apologies. Moved for the next page.

12. Fox-One-1

Apr 5, 2011
    Nordic Game 2017 and Oceanhorn 2 demo!

[​IMG]

From our development blog: oceanhorn.com

It is news time! Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm will make a gameplay debut with a playable demo in Nordic Game 2017!

If you are coming to Malmö, head to Epic Games' booth and come and see what we have in store for the new Oceanhorn game! So whether you're a fan, a journalist, a publisher or a fellow game developer – we would be delighted to give you a tour on our game and talk more about Oceanhorn 2.

Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm is a continuation to Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas, a million selling action RPG title released for iOS, Mac, Steam, PS4, Xbox One, Android and later this year for Nintendo Switch. Oceanhorn 2 is powered by the unrivaled Unreal Engine 4.

Nordic Game 2017 17-.19.5. in Malmö, Sweden.
    http://conf.nordicgame.com/

We could not be more excited about Nordic Game ourselves. In addition to Oceanhorn 2's big moment, Fumito Ueda is also going to be in Malmö! He is the mastermind behind Ico, Shadow of the Colossus and The Last Guardian and we are big fans of his work. It seems like Action RPG's are only now starting to catch up what Shadow of the Colossus did 12 years ago. The carefully crafted spirit of his games and the brilliance of his game designs are a driving force for game developers like us.

13. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Great news! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to hear more about it after the conference. Hope it all goes well!

14. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    WoW sounds great. Thus when is the release date?

15. Fox-One-1

Apr 5, 2011
    Breath of the Wild is amazing game and I love where they've taken the Zelda franchise, but Oceanhorn 2 has been in development for over two years now, so basically it has become our own vision of next-generation Action RPG / Zelda-like and we are actually very pleased of the direction that we decided to take.

It still has the core fun that people loved in the first game, such as exploration and puzzles, but I believe we can pleasantly surprise players with new elements when the game is released. :) - We have a big scope on this one and we are very excited to be making a cutting edge mobile game, so even though we are just a five man team – we are going to use everything we got to make this game as brilliant as we can. ;)

16. Fox-One-1

Apr 5, 2011
    You will hear and see everything! We will be posting a gameplay video and screenshots during the Nordic Game. Stay tuned! :)

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Anticipation is through the roof. Sounds fantastic and cannot wait.

18. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    I totally agree with JPGold on this one

The anticipation for this will be blowing steam out of my ears just to keep my brain from melting. I can't wait! And its been in DEV for 2 years already!! Do we expect a 2017 release at all still??

If so, you got my money day one. Thats a promise.

19. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    What is the minimum device requirement for this game ?

20. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
    Oceanhorn 2 is looking fantastic. What is your favorite iOS device to test (play) the game on?