Oceanhorn - New Zelda-inspired title from developers of Death Rally!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fox-One-1, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Definitely one of my biggest and most anticipated games for 2013... cant wait to get my hands on this

2. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

#402 Future777, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    Hi everyone! The whole team @FDG is very happy about this cooperation - and after having played an alpha build of Oceanhorn, we can safely say Fox-One-1 is telling the truth :) This game is worth the wait. @Cornfox & Brothers @Followers @Fellow Gamers: Let's write App Store history together! Don't hesitate to share your ideas and wishes. ^^

3. jamessh1

jamessh1 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Can you provide a general eta as to whether this will be a winter/spring/summer release next year?

4. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    Wow! Cool update guys! Thanks for sharing :)
    Looking really forward to this treat.

5. Future777

Patreon Studio

Not yet, James. FDG's main goal was to take away the pressure of releasing the game early. The whole team now concentrates on bringing the best experience and ensure to make it a game like no other on the App Store. Let's check our watches after Q1/2013 again. We will keep y'all updated on the progress!

@All: We love to hear your ideas and thoughts during the whole production. We'll be around and listening .. :)

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Just wanted to chime in and say; boy, this looks great! :D

7. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    This. People need to be patient and understand this.

Fantastic news with your collaboration with FDG. Good luck with finishing this project!

8. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Awesome blog post! Thanks for taking the time to share those updates. Sounds like you guys are taking Oceanhorn in the right direction. I'm very excited to see what you guys come up with between now and the release. Also, glad to hear about the partnership. Keep up the good work. :D

9. Future777

Patreon Studio

Awesome on the big screen, too! :)

[​IMG]

-> 16:9 via iPhone 5 and HDMI cable.

10. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    Wow, looks awesome with real time shadows. Nice work, guys.

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm patient its just when you dont hear anything for 2 months you start to panic. It only takes a few seconds to post on twitter/facebook 'games still coming along nicely...'.

Still wondering about the controls, i liked the virtual stick in the previous video, now that thats gone i wonder how the controls will work

12. Future777

Patreon Studio

#412 Future777, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    We'll have more regular updates from now on, psj. I totally understand your reaction and there's nothing bad about getting excited and kicking our asses to release more info. :)

You can expect more than one control option. The latest addition was a floating control "stick". You tap anywhere then slide the finger into the direction you want to move.

Agree! Cornfox & Brothers are really pushing the limits with this game. :) thx!

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Thankyou !!!

No rush for this game (You know people would be the first to moan if it wasnt complete if they bought it !). Really looking forward to this whether its Q1 or Q2 next year, sounding and looking great

Thanks

14. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Will AirPlay work on the iPhone 4S

15. Future777

Patreon Studio

You mean with all the bells and whistles like virtual controller and perhaps map info on the iPhone screen and the game on another? That'd be cool. Definitely something to consider but too early to confirm :)

16. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    And even more now!

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So it's 2013 now... :(

18. Future777

Patreon Studio

@Exact-Psience: It'll be worth the wait. The team is going "all-in" with this game so the extra time will make it that one Action RPG you always wanted to have on an iOS device.

In the meantime, please feel free to tell us your wishes and ideas! ^^

19. AbsolutePhenom

AbsolutePhenom Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    My wish is for there to be a lot of things to do. Let's say fish, hunt, etc. Be able to sell loot we find, or fish, or animals. I want there to be a lot of things to do after you beat the game. It's going to really suck if after you beat it, there's nothing. Lot's and lot's of loot!

20. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    My wish is a really really good, captivating story like the console Zeldas, especially Link's Awakening. One that really hooks you in.