Oceanhorn - New Zelda-inspired title from developers of Death Rally!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fox-One-1, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_marts

mr_marts Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    As I'am new to Nintendo with my Wii U. I'am craving for a Zelda title in HD, alternatively Ocean horn lives up to my craving, should it come out before Wind Waker this fall.

2. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Can't handle the wait :(

3. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    This game is like an April fools joke. Ill wait for release but don't believe that will ever happen. Seems like years have past already. I can't see how anyone can be excited for something that is years in the waiting. Ill be excited if and when this game actually is in my hands but until then it doesn't exist for me.

4. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Sometimes somethings that are ambitious take time to complete. That's where I am with this right now. It's coming!!

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Don't be ridiculous. Course it will happen just some games take a long time to develop. We're not talking about another endless runner or that. This should be epic but give them time

If it came out soon full of bugs people would moan. The poor devs can't win. If it doesn't come out this year i'll get you a $15 itunes voucher you, if it does come out you can get me one ?

I'm excited as I love seeing the early graphics and see it get built up. Bit like seeing a film in production and seeing snippets. But let's not be spoilt and moan we want it now now now. It'll come. Just be patient

6. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    #486 Enriana, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
    This game looks nifty, and I can definitely see how production could take a while - especially when you include factors like length, maps, items, and so on. Yeah, it's been a while, but as it's been said I'd much rather a well done game that takes ages than a quickly produced one full of bugs and errors.

What I do with unreleased games that I want is subscribe to the thread, then check every so often to see what's up. (Just be sure you turn email alerts off, because otherwise your inbox can get full fast.) Plus, as it gets closer, it'll often be mentioned in the "upcoming games" sticky in General Discussion. I tend to forget about them when they go unmentioned; I have so many games to try & play. :)

7. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I check it several times a day lol. Between the thread, and their blog...

8. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Nice, frontpage post :D

I like what I saw. Top-screen LttP view when walking, and great WW feel when sailing. Game looks great, I must hold a stable amount of courage, haven't played WW in years, but I remember that sailing was the most unnerving thing for me, especially on rainy days... yeah, I'll stop talking.

9. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    #489 Edmilan, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  10. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Hoping if there's some type of replay value so this can earn a permanent spot on my phone :)

11. yoshirock

yoshirock Member

Apr 2, 2013
    Wow I can't wait!

12. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Wow! That's awesome!

My reaction:

[​IMG]

:D

13. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm so hyped for this game, it's unreal! That GDC video... all I can say is ~ TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!

14. D4rgolf

D4rgolf Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Looks great so far, although something in the trailer makes me assume bad things:

Please, Please, NO premium currency. I'm fully OK with the game costing 5 or 6 (heck, even 10) bucks at release, but at no price am I accepting a buyable currency. So far, it looks like you earn both coins and gems at a steady pace, just by killing enemies and exploring your surrounding.
    But is there even a reason for two currencies?
    Right now, it seems as if you arbitrarily tried to force another currency on top of a perfectly fine coin-system, just for the sake of it. If the second currency is however necessary for gameplay reasons, please ignore my ranting. Im just afraid you might be headed for the slippery freemium-slope.

On another, less monetary note, your protagonist seems a bit slow and stiff when wandering his surroundings. Are there plans for adding a more 'Link-esque' movement? Like rolling? I understand that it might be difficult to use the A-Button while walking, since it's already reserved for the sword. But I'm sure you'd be able to come up with a simple way to run or roll around.

Sorry for the ranting above and best of luck for the future of 'Oceanhorn'!

15. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Perhaps, this was the GIF you were looking for :p

[​IMG]

16. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    ...to say the least. :D

17. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

#497 Future777, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
    Don't worry - no Freemium, no inapp purchase in Oceanhorn. It's purely premium one-time payment -> Full Adventure

About the movement: Yes, there are additional movements to be unlocked with shoes, e.g. to roll. More info on that will follow later :)

@Everyone: Thank you for the nice comments and funny GIFs - so happy to hear you all like the video!

18. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Sweet! That sounds awesome. Mentally already have this brought.

19. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. D4rgolf

D4rgolf Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2011
    So glad to hear that!
    Can't wait for more info and moving images.