Universal Octagon 1 (by Lukas Korba)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 6, 2013.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Just beat track 6 :)

2. Lukas Korba

Lukas Korba Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Prague
    Please drop me the screenshot to [email protected], I will check it. Thanks.

3. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm number 1 in the world! Wooo!

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I loved pivvot and also duet game, I've not tried super hexagon or boson x.

Something keeps stopping me from hitting purchase, do you think if I enjoyed those two I'll enjoy this? someone dare me to buy it then I'll have to lol.

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Hmmmm if you love those two then you'll love the other two, which means you'll love this one. Just a warning - this one is very difficult compared to the others. But I dare you :p

I love them all.

6. takaya

takaya Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    In my opinion you should buy them all, alongside the following...
    http://appshopper.com/games/line-bound

7. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Purchased :)

Think it was the difficulty putting me off but no going back now lol.

8. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Ummm it won't load for me, it gets to the instruction screen and crashes, have closed all apps and tried deleting then reinstall but sadly still happens. I'm using a mini on ios7.

9. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Sorry to hear that... In the mean time, you can try the very similar and endless Boson X.

10. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    #50 cloudpuff, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    Have purchased boson x and also line bound, will probably purchase hexagon once I've worked some way through these. Thanks for the recc.

Edit- figured might as well go to whole way so have bought super hexagon too, just noticed the impossible road, is that too similar to octagon? Luckily my hid is at a sleepover tomorrow so I've got from Friday am til sat pm to put some serious hours into playing
    :)

11. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I haven't played the impossible road so I can't say, but you should also get Duet Game. That was origanally in my top 3 (Super Hexagon, Boson X are the other two), but now Octagon has taken its spot in my top 3.

It's a shame this one isn't working for you because I absolutely love it

12. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Yeah I have duet, am stuck on transcendence, keep having a little go everyday. Love it though.

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Sadly I lost my #1 spot in this game ):

14. Lukas,

Does your answer mean there is no way to have a tap only control scheme? It seems like most everyone in this thread would like another control option.

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm fine with the current control system. But with so much similarity to Boson X, I see no reason why that control system (left and right taps to move and tapping with two fingers to jump) wouldn't work. I don't program games but to me that seems like it should be more responsive than a swipe, which I would think would take a tiny bit longer to register.

So I guess my question would be whether Lucas has played Boson X and, if so, why those controls wouldn't work.

Again, I've gotten used to the controls and enjoying the game. But additional control schemes certainly doesn't hurt.

16. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    What does the bumpers do, cause I see you run into them a lot in your vids and they do nothing

17. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    But nothing you mean nothing but throw you off the track and start again?

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Hitting one or maybe even two doesn't hurt much. But if you run into a bunch of them, the screen will shake and you'll fall off.

19. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I'm going to play it now (havent played a lot because I have been finishing Shadow Vamp, PixHELLand, Rollabear and Fist of Awesome) but what I remember is instant death...

20. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Have managed to get my app working by turning airplane mode on (read that tip on TA)
    I love the controls but I've not played boson x yet.

I thought duet game turned me into a bad person, but this takes it to a whole new level. I've used every swear word I know and made a few of my own up in frustration and I'm not past level 3 yet!!!

It's annoying and I've died lots of times but I bloody love it, (as does my 8 year old but she likes practice mode better)