Universal Octagon 1 (by Lukas Korba)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Lukas Korba

Lukas Korba Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Prague
    Hey Exact-Psience, The Frost. Thank you guys for such an amazing feedback! We had a big discussion in our small team about the level design and tried to really focus at this crucial aspect. It is very rewarding to read your excited posts.

Regarding the music I plan to ask Sqeepo for 2-3 more tracks for the next major update which I would like to have out by the end of November. He's super talented producer and I believe he will create awesome new tracks.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012

That's awesome! What else might be coming in that update?

Absolutely loving the game by the way, I think it's my favorite in the genre. I like it better than Super Hexagon and Boson X

3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    I hope you can fix the problem with older device such as iPad 2. I can't play the game though I have restart, hard reset and reinstalled it. After the screen's development it always crash and back to home menu. Thanks

4. sgt slow

sgt slow Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Sgt.
    USA
    Damn

Engaging, frustrating fun. Took me a few tries to best the first level. Now. I'm. Stuck trying to jump through the middle of level 2. Sounds like the difficulty isn't just an issue for a newbie like me. It ain't easy being slow":D

5. Well, this will be the last time I ask, but please consider making an all tapping option for controls if possible. Either a double tap for jump or a moveable button.

But if it is too hard, I understand.

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

This. I beta tested, but the latest build (before release) would go to the screen with dev's name and then crash to the home menu

7. Lukas Korba

Aug 16, 2013
    Prague
    #87 Lukas Korba, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
    to Bronxsta and Connector

ad devices - I'm supporting all the devices since iPhone 3GS and iPad 1. The problem with crashing isn't connected to the specific device type. Anyway I've fixed this a few hours ago.

ad controls - I'm trying to add more controls in the next update which I will submit on Tuesday. I personally play with swipes but I understand you guys might prefer different controls.

BTW you guys, especially from the US: do you know other game forums where is a high traffic and a relevant audience which might be interested in Octagon? I would love to post there about the game. Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

8. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #88 JCho133, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013

I'm right there with you on the swipes! I prefer it to the taps and I can't imagine playing this with tap control. I give you props on making them so responsive, they're really good.

As for forums or sites, TA is a good place to start haha, it's a shame they didn't do a TA plays on this even though this game is featured and everything. It's weird because they did one for Boson X and I'm pretty sure they did one for Duet too. Those give games a lot of recognition.

I see that AppSpy did a little article on this so that's good.

When it comes to forums I can't really think of anywhere. There's plenty of sites like TA and AppSpy but the majority don't have forums.

I'm sorry, maybe someone else will be able to help

Edit:
    I found this site: http://thechatroom.freeforums.net
    Also gamespot.com has an iOS forum
    So does ign.com

You can also just try searching "iOS gaming forum" and you'll get tons of results

9. Bronxsta

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Awesome. I can't wait to actually play the release build. I loved this in beta. Any chance you might ask Apple for an expedited review since crashing on startup is a pretty critical bug?

11. takaya

takaya Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    As Lukas wrote before it's possible to play memorizing the levels or having them randomized...

12. Lukas Korba

Aug 16, 2013
    Prague
    Thanks a lot for thechatroom, that's new to me. I know the other two and I have an account there. The thing is there are tons of forums but very few with lively and strong community. That's the reason why I am asking here.

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    So is that a "no" or an "I don't know what expedited review is" or just an "I don't care enough about your problem to answer you" (multiple times since you never responded to the 2 emails I sent about the crashing)?

Because if you don't care, I guess I don't either, and I can just go and leave a 1 star review until I can play...

FYI, the chatroom is just a forum Connector started when his chatroom thread here was deleted and he was temp banned from TA. You won't reach many new people there.

14. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012

Oh whoops. Haha fail on my part.

15. Lukas Korba

Aug 16, 2013
    Prague
    Hi Royce, I have sent you an email already on Saturday. Please check your PM here at TA forum. Thanks.

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    FYI Bronxsta posted a couple forums on the page before this, I recommend you check them out

17. Lukas Korba

Aug 16, 2013
    Prague
    Prototype vs final look

I've prepared an interesting comparison of a prototype from July with an original name Octoad and the final game look of Octagon published the last week.

18. Bronxsta

He did. Lucas already posted on Reddit and TIG.

19. Interesting video. Thanks. Also looking forward to trying out the tap only controls one day.

Did I ever ask you if there will be ios 7 joystick or icade support sometime?

20. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Why r u so against the swipe controls?