Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jazzy911

jazzy911 Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Getting pretty excited about this game now but a bit concerned we haven't seen any screens or video of game-play yet. All I want is big explosions and lots of blood!

Kudos to the team at Tag though for all the effort going in on the game and also things like the webpage and developer videos. It's great to have developers coming on here and engaging with the iPhone games community.

Hope this game is a big hit for them so they can finish Astro Ranch!

Jazz

2. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    This game looks amazing, I appreciate all the work you and the team are putting in Paul, and I hope it pays off! :D

3. Hatteras

Hatteras Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    #23 Hatteras, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
    Well, it's official, I suck at GTA2

I hope I'm good at CJS

EDIT: Will there be an indacator for which you can see if the cops are onto you? Also, can you hide somewhere for a little while so the cops will leave? In GTA2 (Did you help make it? I know you helped GTA1, I don't know how to get rid of the cops...)

2nd EDIT: Will there be more features in the iPhone CJS than the other mobile ones?

3rd EDIT (sorry!): Will it be a fully destructible world? Like knocking over fences and such. I found it almost ridiculous in Payback and GTA2 that you can't run over a fence, when in real life, this would obviously happen. And, can you walk into any building? I could see this not being a possibility because it would be a lot bigger.

4. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    In real life hitting a fence could be really bad, it depends on the kind of fence. You wouldn't just go straight through it and it goes flying though. Anyway, I like how the graphics look and can't wait for this to get released.

5. Mattman

Jan 5, 2009
    Agreed, but I dont play games to play real life ;)

6. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    So I'm wondering what people are thinking about GTA: Chinatown Wars? I haven't played it yet but by all accounts the reviews have been excellent bar a few issues with control and story.

We only have 60 open bugs left to clear in Car Jack (thats not many in case you are wondering!) but are having a few issues with some of the audio and connected functionality. We have SO many sound effects we're running out of memory so quite a bit of work still needed there to cram as much in as possible. Still we are looking good to get the game submitted to Apple very soon.

Watch this space.

PS we will be uploading a game-play video to the Tag YouTube channel and www.carjackstreets.com along with a load of new screenshots so be sure to take a look!

7. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Are you planning on uploading the in-game video today? Excited to see how the game looks when animated, the comic book style graphics are amazing :eek:

8. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Not today emb531 (can I call you Phil?) as we have yet to shoot it yet and its the middle of the night here in Scotland!

We'll probably do the video tomorrow and it will be out on thursday/friday along with some screenshots. Should have another developer video for your entertainment tomorrow though!

P

9. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Haha, you can call me whatever you'd like, but my real name is Eric :)

Sounds good about the videos, will be a nice weekend treat. The waiting after submission is going to be torture, I can see it now...:eek:

10. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas

Yep....+1!

11. Hatteras

Feb 26, 2009
    #31 Hatteras, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
    I know this is about CJS, but any chances on Football Pro coming to the iPhone?

(For US, you'd have to change it to Soccer Pro, though)

Also, what will happen after you give the person $1 million?

Will you have any in-game buying when 3.0 comes out?

12. Spitfire3775

Spitfire3775 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Earth
    You can have whatever you'd like.

13. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Part 2 of the developer diary will be live later today... until then here's a couple of promo codes for Rock'n'Roll!

3KTARLY9A96J
    3TM37YYYRTFH

Enjoy

14. pennydreadful

pennydreadful Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Paul- Thanks for the promo code for Rock'n''Roll. I used 3TM37YYYRTFH.

I'm eagerly anticipating the release of CJS :)

15. teagan1000000

teagan1000000 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    WOOT
    i never get promo codes thanks!
    cant wait till carjackstreets
    i used 3KTARLY9A96J

16. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Erm... I'm really looking forward to this but how come we haven't seen any gameplay videos?

17. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    .... because there was (and still are) a few bugs/missing features that have a big effect on the visuals... but you'll be glad to know that most of them are history and we shot some footage tonight!

Should have a game-play taster along with screenshots and amusing commentary by end of the week. Stay tuned!

P

18. Hatteras

Feb 26, 2009
    Diary out yet? What time is it in Dundee (All the world clocks don't have it...)

Will there be a swat team after you tick off enough cops?

19. Mattman

Jan 5, 2009

20. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Not much to live up to then! I do hope that Car Jack isnt touted as a GTA Chinatown Wars for iPhone - they simply can't compare in scale, production values or polish... at least in this iteration so please judge fairly against other similar games ;-)

We do promise that you are unlikely to find another $5 (or less) game that comes close to matching the longevity of CJS tho. Our beta testers are reporting that the longer they play the more they are enjoying the game so that's great!

Anyway the next video diary is up and its basically me talking about the origins of the game...

Car Jack Streets Developer Diary 2: Origins

Next diary installment will be early next week and will cover the art style and process.

Cheers and enjoy!
    P