Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatteras

Hatteras Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    #41 Hatteras, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
    What qualifies you to be a beta tester

:D

Will you be able to spray water with the fire truck?

2. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Classic GTA haha, any more info on CJS, and paul it sounds like amazing value for the $ :D

3. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Ha! Beta testers are a very select bunch of individuals, possibly the highest form of human evolution known in this universe ;-) Basically they were the folks that got lucky a few months ago when we posted looking for folk to join the team. If you are interested PM me and tell me why you'd be great as a Beta tester and if we like you you'll get added for future games/updates.

Another thing we are doing is putting together a Car Jack Streets - "Street Team". If you'd like to be involved in that please drop me a PM- we have a limited number of spaces but I'd like to give our loyal TA readers first shout at that.

The fire truck won't be squirting water in the first build I'm afraid although its on the list for one of the updates. To be honest its really just (very nice) window dressing - you will be able to jack the fire truck tho!

The beauty of this is that we'll be able to listen to players most desired update features and incorporate them. Still for the $$$ I'm sure you wont be disappointed in the launch build!

P

4. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Hey Paul, how is the in-game video coming along? Just finished most of my school work for the week...eager for some explosions and Car Jacking :)

5. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Game-play video footage is shot and in the can. Just need to edit it down tomorrow... if you follow us on Twitter or the Car Jack Streets website you'll be the first to know when its live!

P

6. teagan1000000

teagan1000000 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    i just saw the trailer for the cell phone version, it looks good but the itouch version is gonna have better graphics and stuff right?

7. greenhornet9

greenhornet9 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    i know it probably says it somewhere earlier in this thread, but i dont want to read all that :D. Anyways, how much will this cost?

8. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    I sent you a pm paul

Looks like a great game

9. Crimsonpaw

Crimsonpaw Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Nope, Paul hasn't said anything except for in his intervew with iPGN where he said it would be "less than 5 pounds", not sure what the US conversion rate is, but at this point it doesn't matter to me.

It's sad, I'm sitting on about $70 worth of Best Buy gift cards and my most anticipated release for my gaming habit is CJS.

10. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    The game will be $69.99 for Crimsonpaw and $5.99 for everyone else!

Only joking... we don't have a confirmed price point yet.

Will get back to the Street Team candidates later today - thanks for your PM's!

Oh and the game-play video should be up with the first screen shots later today.

Cheers
    P

11. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Ok so the game-play video might be monday now... having a few issues. I'm sure it will be worth the wait tho ;-)

P

12. Hatteras

Hatteras Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
  13. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    How can there be that many issues to delay three days? I thought it was already filmed, all that needed done was editing...which could only take an hour or two at most. I want to see some gameplay...just post it with the bugs...

Screenshots at least!

14. pennydreadful

pennydreadful Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    There could be any number of causes for the delay...for example, the developer Paul and his wife are expecting their first child. Earlier in this thread he mentioned that the arrival of the new addition to their family was expected any day now :)

15. steviet

steviet Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    do you edit then? do you know how long it takes to do a nice cut, mix music effects etc and export with a nice code? i work as an editor and its not an extremely quick thing to do.

also a factor in the delay is probably the fact that its the weekend.

dont know - just guessing

16. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Well its just a simple movie for YouTube so not really any complex editing either of visuals or audio... problem lies in a movie loaded into Final Cut on a Mac and then transfered onto Premier on PC. Without boring everyone its a case of missing codecs.

It looks like we've found a way round but not sure we'll have anything today... I can tell you the screenshots are looking rather tasty though and the game will be submitted to Apple next week.

Have a good weekend folks.

17. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Awww bless! I hope when the baby does arrive, he/she will be very healthy :)

18. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    *sighs

I'm having flashbacks of this sort of issue from back when I was taking film production courses.

Funny thing is that I've got both Final Cut and Premiere on my Mac (Premiere came with the Creative Suite 3 Master Collection package I bought)...and the codec issue still comes up sometimes.

Friggin' video software and their friggin' proprietary codecs :mad:

19. Crimsonpaw

Crimsonpaw Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Rock on Paul, that's great news. I just hope there's not the issues with the CJS launch like there was for Payback!

20. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Wouldn't worry about that. What concerns me more is Apple's extended approval process. We'll see; maybe CJS will get a little bit o' luck!

Cheers