Official Car Jack Streets preview thread

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    Again:
    Paul, will CJS be submitted worldwide?

2. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Submitted worldwide? Yes I think so although English only for release and multi-language for first update.

CHeers
    P

3. Hatteras

Hatteras Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Did you get Chinatown Wars Paul?

I think the burning car idea is really cool where you can set people and cars on fire

4. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Nice looking explosion and headlights :D Hopefully no more technical problems arise...can't wait to see the gameplay video...and submission next week will be awesome!

5. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Umm what explosion? You mean that green thing? Thats a tree.

6. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Is it seperated into multiple islands or districts a la GTA or one big island? Also, how does the map compare to some of the other GTAs? Btw the screens are looking great!

7. Hatteras

Feb 26, 2009
    #87 Hatteras, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
    Any ideas on new cars in future updates?

Also, the dispatching cop cars seems like a good idea, instead of hiding out (A la Chinatown Wars).

And do you have any screenshots/map of the city? Whenever I get a non-linear game, I always love exploring the city and causing havoc.

8. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Does the map have countryside areas ala GTA: San Andreas, or is it all city? Also, are there any flying vehicles?

9. darksoul

darksoul Active Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Hey Paul, you should make a tank that has a built-in flamethrower like this...
    [​IMG]
    imagine how much fun it would be:D

10. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Thought China town wars changed the hiding out thing to being more aggressive, attacking them to get them off (as in ign review i read)

11. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Ok... let me answer some of these questions!

1/ Buring cars - yes we have buring cars but as far as using them to burn other cars/people then I'm afraid we felt that was likely to be going too far as far as violence goes. We tried to keep the violence in the game cartoon and unrealistic - burning people causes a few issues especially in terms of the Apple review process. This couldnt be an 18 rated game.

2/ There isn't an explosion in that screenshot. The big green thing is a tree. It will make more sense visually when you see it moving. Trust me it looks big and 3D in game but doesn't translate fantasically to a static screenshot.

3/ The map is fairly large and has different areas (beaches, island, downtown, docks, suburbs, marina, race track etc) but these are all open at the start. You will be soon be finding your way around easily and when you play the game you will see that the structure of the game is such that having everything 'open' from the start makes sense. The game is far more of an arcade experience based around short bursts of frantic play than long narrative driven tasks... think R-Type meets GTA!

4/ Cops - The best way to deal with cops is to uh... "dispatch" them! You can go and hide if you want and wait for your wanted level to cool off but that takes a bit of time and is risky. Best to just confront the problem! As I said above the game is arcade in nature with lots of power-ups dotted all over the map. You'll soon learn where the disguise power-ups are that reduce your wanted level to zero!

5/ The game will have a helicopter but we might hold this back for an update. You'll see why later ;-)

6/ Love the tank with the flamethrower that looks like a great idea!

Cheers
    P

12. kieranvanpinxteren

kieranvanpinxteren Active Member

Mar 7, 2009
    snowmobiling
    North west territories
    Size

You just emailed me like 3 seconds AGO!!!!!!:cool: Anyways how big is the game file goin ta be because i hate to say it but i got a 1gig app limit going on for lent!hhahahahahahh

13. Hatteras

Feb 26, 2009
    Sorry for the multitide of questions, but:

Is there any dialog when you die/get busted by the cops like "Wasted!!!"?

Do other pedestians steeal cars and chaseyou for your money?

14. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Do some pedestrians have guns?

Video will be out later today!

15. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Sweet sounds awesome, thanks for putting up with all our questions and good luck!

16. Hatteras

Feb 26, 2009
    #96 Hatteras, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
    Can't wait for the gameplay video.

17. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    I thought it was scheduled for Monday?

18. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Paul, thanks for answering my questions. And i've gotta say this game sounds awesome so far!

But i do have some concerns regarding the 50k/week comments you made:

1. How difficult will it be to earn the 50k each week? I mean is it possible to make the money from side missions alone? Or in a few hours playing standard story missions? You say that excess money will rollover, so feasibly could i earn a large safety net in 1 week of intensive play so as to survive even if i don't make the 50k in the next week?

2. You state that its game over if you don't make the 50k. Thats sound a bit lame. Would you get the chance to start the week over or do you have to start the whole game again? I mean I could imagine it being quite easily to miss a payment (i.e. forget to play) and ending up losing the game! That would really piss me off if i'd been playing for ages by then!!!!!!!

3. How does the save game system work with the real-time gameplay?

19. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    It may sound lame, like starting over the entire game, but that's what makes the game so engaging! I'm sure in real-life the mob won't let it go so easily hehe :D

20. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Ok I'm going to start off by saying that this game sounds SSSIIICCCKKKKKK and I can't wait to play this thing. So far about seven or eight people I know that I told about this are checking daily for it. This should be so awesome.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion Paul@Tag

I'm so excited for this game!!!!