Universal One Tap Hero™ - (by Chillingo Ltd)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Dan@Chillingo

Dan@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Hello chaps and chappettes!

Some really positive feedback so far—fantastic! I'll be popping in and out of the threads today so if you have any q's then as usual just ask away and I'll get back to you as quick as I can!

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    iPad retina? :p

I feel like I've asked this a million times today... I'd be nice if more developers would plug it in their game's description ;)

3. Dan@Chillingo

Dan@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    It is for iPhone but NOT for the new iPad. That's why we didn't put it on there. It's pretty much guaranteed our games are Retina for iPhone but not yet for new iPad—didn't want to risk confusion :)

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Coconut Island, Dan, your game is amazing, please add tons of levels or/and a level editor #

5. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    Thanks Wen! I already paid for it though and don't mind supporting you guys. This game is excellent. Feel free to give my code someone else who's on the fence or strapped for cash. BTW any fan of platformers shouldn't be on the fence, this one's a no brainer.

6. Cirnol

Cirnol Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Looks very fun and cute. Ive played Run Roo Run though where you can only jump as the character moves on its own. How does this differ?

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #47 metalcasket, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    OK, I'm gonna be completely honest here. Even though I was really looking forward to this before release, Sanuku's video may have somewhat put me off from buying this. I dunno what it was...honestly. I contacted him and asked him if he liked the game, and he said it was solid and challenging. With that, all the positivity in this thread, and a certain extremely close friend who "oozes charm" :)p), I was all set. In the end, taking that chance was really, really worth it. I'm not going to get into too much detail, but the game looks so much better "in real life" than it does on video (and the backdrops really come to life), the animations are pretty adorable and best of all...some of the level designs...quite frankly...are ingenious. Got all 3 stars on every level (plus the 5 locked ones) in the first set, and I must say I was really, really surprised. Sanuku was right...it's really satisfying when you finally manage to get that 3rd star on a level that just seemed ridiculous at first.

All in all...I'm just another fish in a sea of positive comments. Get this. It's really, really good.

EDIT: Oh...forgot to mention one problem. iPhone 4 5.1.1, not jailbroken...had this crash multiple times. :/

8. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Glad you like the game MC got it yesterday and it's really good no crashes until now I also recommend Mikey shorts really fun :)

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Mikey Shorts is just bad-ass in every single way. Love it.

Yeah, it's unfortunate OTH is crashing this much...probably should restart my phone in case. idunnolol

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's Run Roo Run Lv9000. It's similar to Run Roo Run, but there are more things you can do in game and has more platforming elements than RRR. If you loved RRR, you'll want One Tap Hero.

11. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    This differ in that here there are lots of puzzles, something RRR lacks... If you liked that one you will love this one

12. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    It says that you should restart the device if you suffer crashes on the app description, which was included after the release of the game #

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    What's this app description you talk of...I've never heard of such a thing! :p

14. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    nice one. looks cute, plays great... pretty decent week, with a lot variation!

15. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Current version doesn't support iPad retina, but we're working on this, we will definitely suppor it! I hope we can update to ipad retina in two weeks.

16. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

I'm really really sorry for that, it's a bug. We fixed it and uploaded an update to Apple right now.

Now, the solution is restarting your device.
    Again, I'm sorry for that.

Thanks for playing and enjoying the game!

17. feng_ye

feng_ye Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Game Develoepr @Coconut Island Games
    I'm really really sorry for the instability of the game. Adding to the solution, if you're on an iPod touch or Wifi version of iPad, it also helps if you turn off the wifi. Also if you can restart the device and _slowly_ entering the level after title screen.

The patch which completely fix this issue is already waiting for review.

18. feng_ye

feng_ye Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Game Develoepr @Coconut Island Games
    Hey! I can't guarantee too much but I'm extremely happy to hear that people love level editors :cool:

One Tap Hero has received positive feedbacks about the level design. And the neat internal level editor really helped our level designers a lot!

19. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    #59 Snooptalian, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    Cool game. Simple gameplay but can get tough (in a good way) going for all the stars and keys...

20. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Loving this game so far! Only problem is a few stutters on my iPod Touch 4.