Universal Only One (by Ernest Szoka)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 6, 2014.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Well worth the wait. :) Immediately picked up the doubler on Android. This could have easily had a price-tag on it. Hope it does fantastic for you, Ernest.

2. WaspStung

WaspStung Member

Oct 23, 2011
    i want to congratulate you, i cant even make two dumb javascript objects communicate to each other.

its something great what you have done here and you deserve all the best of the app success stories benefits! hope you get millionare and can enjoy it fully with your family and friends for the rest of your life.

i bought the double coin iap. i will buy more iaps in future updates, i dont like buying coins but i like the ones like the double coin. check junk jack style of iaps.

i wish you the best! and i am sure we will know from you again with other updates and titles.

thanks for surprising me with this great game.

3. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Bug: freezing an enemy and attacking it during an earthquake but not killing it may cause it to fly off of the screen at an incredibly fast rate

4. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    5 star review left on the UK AppStore. This really is a standout great game that won't leave my device even after I finish it. It will join the rest of the titles in my 'classics' folder. It's a keeper ...

5. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Aw man, the cake...i just laughed my a$$ off :D

Great game so far.

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Wow quite the grind without the doubler (but that's the point :D)

I'm gonna pick up the ol' doubler now so the Dev can have bread

7. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    He gets bread, we get joy. Win-win!

8. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #48 Echoen, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    Needs multitasking. I lock the screen and the game exits without saving my current game.

My 51k high score seems to have disappeared from the board. :( And probably any other score above 40k from the looks of it.

Attached Files:

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #49 JCho133, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    Are there content updates planned for this?

Edit: I see the post where he said he wants to add more, sweet! Everyone leave itunes reviews :D

Is it likely that we'll get more levels/mini bosses?

10. JahkanTaka

JahkanTaka Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Oh good god, free cake! Awesome. I love this game!

11. mishapenin

mishapenin Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Great, great game. Loved the cake the first time but now it's just a barrier I can't figure out how to get past.

12. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Attack it before you absorb it

13. RebelBinary

RebelBinary Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Software Developer/Designer
    Ottawa, Canada
    Sorry, left a highscore limit of 49000 in iTunes gamecenter from the old days, fixed it, but not sure if the fix is immediate

14. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    mfi controller support please! :) Great game btw!!!!

15. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Memo to myself: immediatly unequip the magnet perk as soon as the cake appears...

16. Voley

Voley Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Game Impressions

Very good game, enjoyed it. Nice pixel art, great gameplay. Everyone needs to try it, it is free!

17. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Updates?

Will there be updates to the game that provide a lot more features?

18. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Did the GOTW nomination, made a five star rating in my store, bought the doubler and now i'm having a great time with this outstanding release !

The audio and specially this awesome soundtrack would be GOTY material, that's for sure. Congrats !

19. demonbasher

demonbasher Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    I read the article in Touch Arcade and the posts in the forum and download this gem. Right now this game is the one that I play a lot on my mini iPad and really having fun. Although it's free but it certainly can beat any other overpriced games with the same genre. Thank you for making this. Surely can wipe away the foul after taste after playing Flappy Bird.
    Now on level 45 and rising ^_^

20. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Okay, up to level 25 and this game is awesome. The slower combat mixed with the hectic waves of enemies reminds me of Mage Gauntlet, in that positioning, smart use of your abilities, and timing strikes is key to succeed rather than fancy combos. The enemies are varied and each require different tactics.

But the best part is the gameplay itself, the smooth controls, the powers and how they add new strategies to your repertoire. The stylish pixel graphics, the humorous vibe, and the great music add to the overall polish.

This is a fantastic game.
    ---

As for future powers
    - A Wizard-style teleport would be awesome
    - Also, since enemy corpses stay on the ground (nice touch btw), I was thinking some kind of resurrection ability would fit well, allowing you to revive fallen enemies as temporary allies