iPad Orbital +Lite (v1.3.1 Retina)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Palfince, Aug 13, 2009.

1. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    Updated but not in the app store? Search for ORBITAL and it's not there!

2. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    The same thing happened when I searched for it after pressing the app update would not work. I found this latest version by searching itunes for "bitforge," and was then able to install anew directly over wifi without issue. The soundtrack has changed.

3. BloodFidelity

BloodFidelity Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Cinematographer (Director of Photography, Camera O
    Los Angeles
    I'm so glad to see this game was finally updated! Any chance we'll be seeing Game Center integrated?

4. Caribou

Caribou Member

Jul 20, 2009
    I'm happy this great game is still being updated!

That said, I REALLY DISLIKE the new soundtrack. It's missing the "hook" somehow that kept me playing for hours. Now, it just grates. PLEASE bring back the old sound. At least as an option. Or even a downloadable MP3.

5. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    #465 Grubjelly, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
    The sufi-ish trill being replaced with a tick-tock sound apparently recorded from a mechanical pendular metronome does make it harder to forget the passage of time while playing. There should be an option to turn the original loop back on, I agree.

6. ask_me

ask_me Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Agree, I'd like the old tune back as well! :)

Oh, and while we're at it... it's really great that Orbital has been updated for Retina display graphics, but why is there no true OS4 multitasking (i.e. fast app switching) ability? We're in 2011, you know... ;)

7. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    It appears the HD version is gone from the appstore, I haven't been able to find it for days now. :confused:

8. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    One of those apps I have always kept on all my iOS devices, the latest update sure looks sharp on my 6+ !! :)

What's new

We are celebrating 5 years of Orbital and we’re happy to present a small but much anticipated update with a range of improvements.
    The newest version of Orbital displays nicely on high resolutions and supports current 16:9 screens natively. And since it is built as a universal App it runs better on the iPad than ever.
    Finally you can again connect Orbitals Leaderboard to Facebook to have your private and compete with your friends in all game modes.

Thank you for playing Orbital – have fun!

9. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    Woohoo, this one always had a place on my iPod.

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    A megaclassic. One of the very first iOS gems. Everyone should own this one.

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    One of the few games that has never been removed from my device. Been looking forward to a retina update to this. Great job and thanks!!

12. skyperion

skyperion Active Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I totally agree. This game has never left my iPhone.

13. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Big thanks for the update! A great game--appealingly simple but great-looking, and with just enough variety of game modes to stay interesting for a long time.