Universal ORC: Vengeance - (by Chillingo Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 25, 2012.

1. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    #501 pauldavidmerritt, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    Yes. But just because this is the true nature of the online business now, doesn't mean any of us should justify companies doing this to us. It's not right. Most of us know that, and also [sadly] most of us have also just become complacent and/or indifferent about the subject--which is why the nature of these businesses will continue with only what is fit for their pockets while it works, until another tactic more profitable comes along.

It's absolutely absurd how even a game that was built for stupendous gameplay on the powerful 5 and 5s iPhones (such as Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave) will not be updated for iOS 8--the optimal and perfected Firmware version for these high-end gaming devices. That makes the product unplayable, and the replay-ability of such games are destroyed. End of story, Apple customers/gamers are senselessly shot in the foot by the industry, and everyone stands around like no one's bleeding.

Nonsense.

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Still in my purchase history. Going to try it again to see if it's grown on me.

3. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    I tried it again after seeing this revived thread, doesn't work on ios8. I was hoping it would work but didn't expect it to. Tis a shame.

4. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Yeah, it crashes on launch. Sad, because I actually wanted to try it again. Guess I'll wait for implosion next week.

5. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Is there some way to change the files and make it operate on ios 8? Emailed chillingo, and they said they have no plans to update or bring it back :(

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Again though its crazy if people dont back up the apps

I must admit at some point its probably worth buying a cheap ipod touch for $50 just to play older games on it (and make sure it doesnt have a new OS on it).

Its a shame when these things happen but you had the same issue in the 90's when PC's were upgrading all the time and 'sometimes' older games wouldnt always then work.

When a dev isnt making money on a game anymore i can see why they wouldnt upgrade it every year to make sure it runs on the latest OS. Shame but i can see why they do it

7. Based Xatu

Aug 27, 2013
    Did 8.3 fix this game, too?

8. MoNg

MoNg New Member

Mar 15, 2018
    #508 MoNg, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Want to see this awesome game in my phone again, pleaaaaaaase !

iPhone SE iOS 10.3

9. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I don't think so... at least not under Chillingo's license... This game is too old, and even more recent games haven't received a well deserved 64bit support update, so... find something else to play... =/

I wish some of my 32bit-only games got updated, but I doubt that's gonna happen...

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Arrrgh i thought once this old thread was updated it was good news ! Doh

11. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    #511 Saucepolicy, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    EDIT: Responding to an old thread, no longer relevant. Ignore me. :)

12. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Blame it on MoNg, I thought it'd be good news, too xD