Universal ORC: Vengeance - (by Chillingo Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 25, 2012.

1. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    How's the performance on the iPhone 4?

2. robertjan88

robertjan88 Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Optimized for the retina screen of the new IPad? And how many classes?

3. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    This game is absolutely EPIC!! :eek:
    Go to hell with Dungeon hunter :D

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    This does look Epic.... :) Can't wait for it to come out :)

5. Dan@Chillingo

Dan@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Morning/afternoon/evening all

Ok let's address a couple of the more obvious concerns.

Controls: You do tap the screen to move, however you do NOT need to have your finger covering the screen the whole time. If you hold down your finger for a couple secs the orc will start running, after that you're essentially just tapping to change direction.

IAP: Ah this old chestnut. I am aware that this may be greeted with "well you're obviously going to say that" responses but I'm hoping that my track record on here has shown that while I do want everyone to love our games, I'm honest too. You do NOT need the IAP. It's there purely as an option. The guys behind this game are serious core gamers, they've designed games for id Software, they know exactly the concerns many folks have about IAP/Freemium etc. This is why the game is not 99c, and not FREE.

"It'll go free soon" : Well if you want to take that gamble then it is totally up to you. I respect that. I hope you're really, really patient ;)

Other devices: Runs like a dream on iPhone 4 and above. You may have some issues on lower end/older devices.

Retina: YUP!

Umm if I have missed anything please yell at me and I'll get back to you.

Enjoy!

6. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Nice! Anxious to see how this game will run on my iPod Touch 3rd gen!

7. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I've never been so excited for a chillingo release. Don't take that personally Dan, there just aren't really hardcore rpg games like this that are published through you (my personal favorite type of game) and I'm excited for this potential trend. Consider having my money in 12 hours.

8. Dan@Chillingo

Feb 22, 2012
    Sure, I mean we've done some RPGs before but nothing quite on this scale. I'm a big fan of this genre myself so it's been great for me personally too. Hope you like it! (You will, it's awesome)

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    im glad to open up a NZ account to get this early. About to test the game and im pretty stoked!

10. jcifrit

jcifrit Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    graduate student/researcher
    Ontario, Canada
    Hoping this runs well on my 4G touch as it will be an instabuy tonight (been a while for me!).
    Chillingo is one of my favorite publishers and this new gem looks to be my favorite type of game.

11. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    :D Downloading...

12. Dan@Chillingo

Feb 22, 2012
    Oh just noticed someone asked about iCloud

There is iCloud syncing between iPhone and iPad. Plus there's also 4 game slots for those of you who share Apple IDs.

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    One of these days I have to mess around and figure out how to do that. These waiting games .... 11 p.m. EST thing wears thin.

Will be anxious to hear your impressions.

14. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    now this looks like a great dungeon crawler after the disappointed heroes call

looking forward to buy it tonight

15. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    I have a dummy Canadian account so to reverse it for NZ should go like this :

1) Switch to NZ iTunes store by scrolling to the bottom of the iTunes store page and clicking the flag.

Then Scroll down to Oceania/Pacific and Click New Zealand.

2) Create account. You'll probably need to get the street name , town and postal code correct.

nzpost.co.nz & maps.google.co.nz should help you with that

3) Here's the crucial step : The payment method. Hopefully it will allow you to select "none" as a payment method. if not you'll probably need a NZ registered credit card until you can remove it if possible

4) From then on just use NZ iTunes gift cards and the like. How you get these is up to you :p

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks for the reply.
    HELL YEAH.
    I wish every dev would do Universal + iCloud support.
    Thanks!!!
    Looking forward to download the game!

17. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    Quick couple of questions Dan:

-how many hours would you say the game is total?

And

-will there be an update to include joystick controls?

18. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Why does some developers not accept that some player don't put their pads flat on the table? Or at least accept that not having a pad to move means a lot. :(

But well... Chillingo hardly ever dissapoints SO TAKE MY MONEY. But still give us an option for D-pad as well. :D

This looks awesome.

19. Dan@Chillingo

Feb 22, 2012
    It's a long one. If you're just blitzing through it you're looking at 5+hours but it'll take you longer if you wanna find all the lore, collect enough coins to buy awesome weapons and so on.

We're not gonna comment on updates quite yet but as always we'll take on board what the fans think when that time comes.

20. Dan@Chillingo

Feb 22, 2012
    I don't put my iPad on the table either but had no problem with these controls. One had on the back of the ipad, the other touching the screen. Works like a charm :)