Order & Chaos Online (Gameloft Universal MMORPG)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Ablueleaf, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I think they really went too far with this one ...

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    No one care about what you think.

3. Rubyjourney

Rubyjourney Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Well let me just start off with the fact that "wow clone" is the dumbest term ever. I myself being an older gamer know for a fact that WoW copied elements from games such as Everquest, Dark Ages of Camelot, Ultima online. The only thing WOW did differently was lay on some cartoon graphics and make it easier, yeah you heard me easier. These prior mentioned games themselves copied from a system based on oldschool DnD.

Personally i'm glad someone is bringing a full depth MMO to the platform.

4. Jakeo

Jakeo Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    I agree with you. World of Warcraft (I won't dignify it by using its annoying abbreviation, requires 1) No Intelligence 2) Every hour of your day to get ahead &AND& 3) Your Soul.

It will be great to see if Gameloft can deliver a Massive Multiplayer Online BetterthanWorldofWarcraft RPG. Here's to Gameloft and their noble intentions and hopefully to their success!

5. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    i think it's time to get a new ipod.

6. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #106 c0re, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
    Sorry, you are not everyone yet. Maybe try to be someone first.

Also, you're randomly bashing my opinion, but I recall you wrote this lately :

So I take it as a random nerd rage from you. Just took a look at your posts, they're all redigested acid, so I'll put you on ignore before you start your psychorant again.

7. Tone1978

Tone1978 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Man this game looks great and I really hope it comes out real soon.

8. Jtown4prez

Jtown4prez Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Lolumad?

9. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    [​IMG]

10. Doctor U

Doctor U Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Actor/Coke Bear
    ATL
    Yes

Been waiting for this for a long time.

11. Nightmoore

Nightmoore Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Freelance Artist
    Nashville, TN
    You missed the "s" on the end of care. And you're acting like an idiot. If you can't have an intelligent conversation about the subject, then please post elsewhere.

Everyone likes to throw that up as a response about WoW's originality, but come on man....if we're gonna look at it like that then EVERY platformer is a copy of Super Mario and EVERY shooter is a copy of Wolfenstein 3D. It's not the mechanics that are the issue. Yes, every RPG is ripping off AD&D. It's the art style and presentation that's the issue. A complete carbon copy. I'm knee deep in Rift right now...and sure, they ripped WoW off too. But it looks completely different with new classes/abilities and features. There's absolutely no doubt when you play that game that it's not WoW. Same thing with Quake Vs. Halo. There's nothing wrong with expanding on another foundation. But sticking YOUR flag on the SAME foundation is just tacky.

These guys take this stuff deadly serious. Apple is suing Amazon right now just for using the term "App Store" in their Android download section. And the reason being is because of "possible customer confusion". If Blizzard ever even thought about entering the iOS arena, they will put the smack down. They've already published their authenticators and a monthly paid app to interface with the Auction House. They probably know about this game and are keeping a close eye on it. There's not a lot they can do till it actually hits the store though. I'm not mad about it. I'm just waiting to see what happens.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Everyone is a lawyer nowadays. Nightmoore stop trying to hard to be 'intelligent', it only works to make you sound nerdy. I don't care if Gameloft gets sued but It makes me squirm to see all these nerds making this games forum into a court room. Btw before going grammar police on me read the rules.

13. syphercol

syphercol Member

Nov 25, 2010
    I agree with this forum becoming a court room. I come to these forums to see if maybe somewhere down the line someone will stumble on updates about the game but all i see are people discussing the legal issues and regulations...ugh who cares. make a forum called "Gameloft: copy right infringement?". This forum is for news and updates on the game and not for people to express their assumptions of legality.

14. Jtown4prez

Jtown4prez Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010

Bro nerds are everywhere :/

15. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    Really guys...if Gameloft actually does get sued by Blizzard...and that's a huge IF...is it any of your problem/concern? Are you in any way affected by Gameloft and Blizzard clashing in bouts of legality? If the answer is no, then I suggest we start putting up comments regarding new info on the game itself.

Thanks.

Btw, I for one do not care whether or not this is a totally original game or if this is a mirror image of WoW. We need to stop setting it as the standard to which we compare every aspect of every RPG. I know this has been mentioned, but I sure don't see Blizzard ever porting WoW or anything like WoW to the App Store anytime in the near future.

16. Jakeo

Jakeo Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Last I checked, insulting someone (i.e. "idiot") is not an example of intelligent conversation...

That's what Blizzard did with EQ, Ultima etc... So suddenly anyone else doing the same thing is copying Blizzard? Last I checked, Blizzard's game is not really original. Lol.

Why would they? It's not like a portable mmorpg is going to oversell WoW or ever reach its level of market 'domination'. So who cares? I doubt people will abandon their PCs enmasse and move to iOS mmorpgs.

If they 'probably know about it' then why do you care so much? Why not leave it up to Blizzard's trained, professional legal team?

I certainly don't believe that! :)

17. FlowRidah

FlowRidah Active Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Does it really matter what this game looks like? There are so many games that look like other games but whenever it's about WoW, people freak out. Who really cares if it looks like another game? It looks similar to WoW, but is that bad? No. It will attract more people to this game - especially WoW players that own mobile devices. You guys are taking your gaming too seriously. Stop being critics and just be happy that a good looking MMORPG for mobile devices is coming out.

18. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    anyone know anything about the game's mechanics or classes? are there talent trees? is there only multiplayer dungeons or is there single player content too? is there crafting or professions? can we have guilds? is there in game chat? (the screens don't show any)

just a few qs.

19. syphercol

syphercol Member

Nov 25, 2010
    i hope it has it all :) im really looking forward to seeing a fully developed MMORPG for IOS. pocket legends was alright but it got old real fast.

20. lucky_seven

lucky_seven Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    ah,this is really awesome!from the scale to the graphics..both good!:D