Universal Order & Chaos - Universal MMO - Official TA Guild Jam Packed w/240 Players [v1.0.2]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Apr 26, 2011.

1. oddworld

oddworld Active Member

Dec 15, 2009
    How do you know they are patching anything?
    Is there a "patch" or status page that tells us what they are doing in the background?

2. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Jeez. How quickly we turn. I think the game was released as Beta. It has exceeded my expectations so far and at the very least, I am not going to worry too much unless it's like a week and the game is completely down.

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I'm not sure if patch is the right word or not, but the latest downtime was described on their website as being for maintenance and an update to fix an issue that could cause the loss of items through the mail. Unfortunately for me, and many others, it has actually caused many more problems than it solved. My issues with the mail before the update were infrequent, but have been constant since the update. Several people had their characters completely glitched to the point of being unusable after that update. Connection times have been unbearable and to actually connect successfully is like a 1 in 10 shot since the update.

4. oddworld

oddworld Active Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Yea I lost a few things in the mail as well. Luckily it was only worth a few silver so I dont care too much.

I really hope they fix this soon.

5. Lesrider

Lesrider Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Uhhh it's not a beta. We all paid for the app and are paying for the time we can't play. Even if it is cheap, we're still paying. Unless GL plans to make up for the time we can't play, they really better get their act together. It's bad enough my main char is glitched so bad I can't use him at all (they're still looking into the problem). But now I can't even get o line to play my other chars. It's just too frustrating to wait forever to connect and then get disconnected shortly after. Not worth the headache.

6. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    You have a valid point and I am not arguing the frustration. But this is the first time something like this has really been done on an iOS device and probably the first time GL has done any MMO development.

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Well it's not really that original. If you combine elements of Pocket Legends and Seven Swords with the completely open world of many 2D iOS MMOs, then you basically have this game. It may be true this is Gameloft's first MMO but it's not their first online multiplayer game, and even so that's no excuse. If the game needed a beta, they should have released as one...

I don't want to get down too hard on the game. I'm still very hopefully Gameloft will right the ship, but it's sinking at an alarming rate :/

8. sanitymops

sanitymops Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I understand, and can certainly cope with the frustrations if it leads to a better gaming experience down the line... however, I would be happy if they credit everyone some extra time to their subscription if this is going to be an ongoing problem for any significant amount of time. I know that kind of gesture would go a long way towards ensuring some renewals when the time comes.

9. amoeba

amoeba Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    How do you kill the guy with all the skeletal bodyguards in the Eristar graveyard in whispering islands?

The quest says to use the eye on the skeletons but it has no effect when I click on it and there's no use button. I can get him down to near death when his bodyguards are not around.

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I don't know if it's a bug or what, but the eye doesn't seem to do anything at all. I tried targeting the summoned mobs, and the guy himself and using it. Nothing worked. However, the quest is still pretty easy to do without using the eye. Just go upstairs, attack the guy, then jump down to the middle of the bottom floor. He will follow you but the skeletons will all turn back when they reach the bottom of the stairs, so you can fight him there alone.

11. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Are there any ridiculously well hid quests to do at level 40? I just scourged the entire desert on and off the path, going to all towns. Nothing but whited out quests and the repeatable quests that are no better than grinding.

12. dansu

dansu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Ah, so that's what happened to my 20 Ordinary Fur that went missing a while ago :)

Yeah, the AH and mail system has gotten a lot worse in the past week. I'm losing stuff left and right so I'm backing off for a while. I'm kind of worried about a blue item that I bid 30 gold for earlier. I hope that doesn't get lost in the mail...

13. sanitymops

sanitymops Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Yeah, I agree with you. I think I will avoid messing with the AH until things get settled.

Which makes me wonder: Do the nightly maintenance session affect much? Does Apple not require approval for them to make changes to the game? I am assuming we will only get minor server side fixes until a new update hits the app store. Does anyone know better?

Thanks

14. SystemX

SystemX Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Software Implementation Analyst
    Interesting thought although I think if they are server changes that do not alter the code in the client (our devices) I would imagine they could perform updates at will. Hmm but then again there is that checking for update window that does appear before logging in.

15. Doubleduoasx

Doubleduoasx Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    You know when you start a new character and the exclamation points come up with tips? I'm getting that right now, did they update something?

16. webbie

webbie New Member

May 11, 2009
    Me too. And all my quest are gone 0/12. wtf?

17. projectmoonlightcafe

projectmoonlightcafe Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    That's GOOD! Can redo quests and level up quicker!

18. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    No from what I heard in global chat, a bunch of people lost quests that they had not yet received XP from. So they have to start them over. Buggier and buggier...

19. Doubleduoasx

Doubleduoasx Well-Known Member

May 3, 2011
    I'm starting a new character again...lmao fourth character, only so many choices really. I've been watching lots of duels in grimor (whatever the main city is called, i forgot) and the warriors usually always win. So I'm thinking of going back to that.

Why did they restart quests?

20. Derek800

Derek800 Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Is anyone here having a problem logging into the game? I have tried about five different times this afternoon. It gets to the point where after you choose your character, it says loading on the location screen, and then it says connection lost. I just wasnt sure if they are doing maintenance or if it's just a problem on my end.