Universal Order & Chaos - Universal MMO - Official TA Guild Jam Packed w/240 Players [v1.0.2]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Are you sure your not getting credit for the kills? This is lession 101 in MMO's company's found out in the EQ, AC days. Usually if you do 3/4 damage to mob you will get the XP and loot rights. Try looting a corpse that a friend killed and see if you can(you can't be in a grp with him/her).

Btw, I miss corpse runs.

2. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Sorry, double post.

3. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Can we transfer toons between realms? I have a lvl 7 Orc on Tear Coast and I want to move him to Arcadian Forrest.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

If someone wants to take charge of starting another TouchArcade guild, let me know who you've got setup to do invites and I'll edit the front page story to funnel people your way. I filled up the main guild in about an hour, so if we do this in an orderly fashion I imagine we could fill up several guilds.

5. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Yeah, they need to fix that. I was killing spiders and I saw a few people who might need help and I think I may have mistakenly stolen kills. It wasn't my intention, I just wanted to help...

6. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    I'm a level 6 undead warrior. My name is Galard, so add me. :D

7. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    It's so terrible that developers are releasing so many nice looking games in the middle of final exams week in many colleges... :( lol. I'll get it as soon as I'm done with exams..

8. Onslaught

Onslaught Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Trying to get into some clan for toucharcade. Anyone got one available? name is onslaught

9. projectmoonlightcafe

projectmoonlightcafe Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Can someone make an FAQ of those stupid icons? There's so many of them that I can't keep track of what's what.

10. superzarop

superzarop Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    From my experience, the first one that did damage to the mob gets the kill, but that's maybe just me.

11. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    thats an understatement lol I saw the post joined then next thing you know full.

12. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    thats waht i saw...

13. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    No soul, no purchase. Easy as that. But enjoy, everyone. I left Lamesoft after their dead duck of a Final Fantasy attempt. Heartless stuff like that just hurts my love for video games.

At least, here it's the community who can create something out of it, I'm sure.

14. ilStugots

ilStugots Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    You're letting your immature vitriol keep you from playing a great game.

15. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Doesn't work on 4g hotspot.

I got this earlier and I'm loving it so far. I'm an MMO fiend, been playing them since '97 with Ultima Online. When I saw that this was coming out, I was like that kid in a Christmas Carol wanting a Red Rider BB gun, haha. My MMO addiction can now be satiated to the upmost extreme.

Or at least it would be...

I use my phone (myTouch 4g, t-mobile) as my hotspot for my iPad. Until now it has worked flawlessly for my needs. But for some reason Order & Chaos doesn't like it at all. It just says no Internet connection found. I know the game doesn't work over 3G data lines, but I figured using a 4g wifi hotspot should be just fine.

Anyone else having this problem? Or know a way around it? It seems to be a rather unnecessary restriction.

16. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the game from what I played today. Seems to have a massive amount of content and playtime.

Not sure that it has anything to keep me coming back to it though. Questing for hours on end is fun and all, but it does get dull. WoW has great graphics and addicting core gameplay, but OaC doesn't have anything to draw me away from PC games other than mobility. Which is limited by the wifi requirement.

I'd need some kind of a story/lore and more player interaction than the somewhat clunky system they have now to really hook me. I'm only at level 10, but those levels all felt pretty similar and generic. I have a feeling I'm not the only one that doesn't read the quest info either :p

Overall it's a solid effort, and worth the asking price. Regular updates at least every three months would really seal the deal on this being a must have.

17. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Just wow

This game is by far the most polished iOS game I've seen so far.
    It's even more polished than a lot of pc mmorpgs I've played.

Everything is just so thought trough, the controls, the dialogue, the coma
    Bat etc etc.
    For example, if you run straight ahead for a while the option to auto run appears, a d if you hit that butto. You can open the map and watch your arrow run, you can even open up the chat and start chatting while you run.

I know these features are in wow already, and have been there for 6 years, but still, this is "just" a iOS game.

It's the small things that really make you appreciate how
    Good it is.

Worth every cent.

I really hope they support this game, regular updates with new items and instances.
    It really got the potential of being the WoW of the iOS. Not just compared to other iOS games, but from a quality point of view.

18. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Ok I forgot how to permanently close the world chat, I looked through this thread but its really long, could anyone post instructions or something? Thanks.

19. HadToDoItToEm

HadToDoItToEm Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Software Engineer
    Melbourne, FL
    AMEN. UO was the bomb back in the day. If I could play UO on my phone that had a good community of players.....I would quit my job!

Back on track. Just created an elf warrior named "Boosh". Add me anyone. I'll be on later tonight.

Peace

20. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Ok when I try to login, it shows "Request timed out. Please check you connection or try again later. (error id=30003)" can anyone help me with this?