Overkill 2 - shooter with realistic 3D weapons (by Craneballs) [universal, F2P]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by craneballs, Jan 7, 2013.

1. craneballs

craneballs Well-Known Member

Yes, we bumped into some complications down the road, but we are already onto them.

2. Arghaali

Arghaali Active Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Haha, well played with that difficulty "decrease" Craneballs! Now it's easy as goblin pie ^^

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It was an unfortunate and unexpected side effect.
    It's being sorted. Wait for the next build.

4. craneballs

Ah yes, the unfortunate variable switch :eek: In anyway, it's been sorted and a new build is being uploaded as we speak :cool:

5. milnic

milnic Member

Dec 23, 2012
    This build is really cool stuff man! Loving the new difficulty! Finally :)

6. Arghaali

Arghaali Active Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Arghaali agrees!

7. craneballs

Bringing further news and a beautiful sniper rifle!

Betatesting phase has very much concluded at this moment. Thanks goes to those betatesters who provided honest and thorough feedback. Most of your points were spot on and will be put into the final game!

Others still have some time to submit their ideas and stand up to their betatesting duties... just sayin':cool:

In-game screens are coming! For now we have this mighty powerful SV-98 sniper rifle:

[​IMG]

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Man, I love the look of that. Very cool.

9. valdeto

valdeto Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Are there any news about iOS/Android release - early or late March? I hope the release will be simultaneously for iPhone and Android devices

10. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    This may sound stupid, but I suppose it is not free? If it is, well, i'm prepared to pay. Looks sick.

Is this game MP? New to this Overkill series, sorry.

11. craneballs

Thanks! Overkill 2 will indeed be free to play and multiplayer will be added in the future update.

It's mid to latish March. As for the Android version we are also hoping for simultaneous release :) The porting looks fine so far, but there are a lot of Android devices to be tested.

12. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Looks pretty good, but please don't make it freemium. If you were to make it a $5 game with no IAP then many people would gladly appreciate it. If you do include IAP, don't make it with a Paypal of make it so other people can purchase IAP and dominate the game.

13. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    anymore updates planned for the first one?

14. craneballs

There are a few things we are hoping to improve in multiplayer in Overkill 1, but right now everybody on the team is super busy with Overkill 2.

Free to play model has worked great with the original Overkill so we've decided to use it for Overkill 2 as well. It has several advantages to paying up-front and players themselves can decide how much value they see in the game. We don't have a final vision for multiplayer yet, but will keep this in mind. Thanks for your input.

15. Arghaali

Arghaali Active Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Looks like Canadians and New Zealanders will get to play Overkill 2 in a couple of days. I don't understand why. Has it something to do with additional testing?

Too bad I don't live there :mad:

[​IMG]
    (taken from their blog)

16. prdlacky

prdlacky Member

Feb 24, 2013
  17. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Yes
    NZ accounts FTW

18. Arghaali

Arghaali Active Member

Jan 22, 2013
    NZ accounts what? Am I missing something here?!

19. Arghaali

Arghaali Active Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Haha, yeah the trailer looks amazing... I actually like Overkill exactly for that. It's a great shooter for mobiles, and you don't have to deal with the somewhat quirky double virtual pad controls... you can put your full attention to shooting, which is the best part anywayz.

There aren't many great shooters that you can pick up and play like Overkill. Anytime, anywhere and straight into action. Which is what I love about mobile games.

That said, it looks Overkill 2 will have much more to offer than the original. If only for the gunz.

20. Arghaali

Arghaali Active Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Sooo, what's up? Any news about the release date? Any news at all?