iPhone Palm Heroes 2

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 4, 2011.

1. sanitymops

sanitymops Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    You are my favorite dev now! I love this game... so much so that I cannot get anything done... I have run the battery out twice already since buying. You can be sure I will buy whatever you put out for the iphone in the future :D

You made yourself another avid fan today.

2. iosoftware

iosoftware Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    Coming up:
    PH2 Deluxe iphone,
    RB mac os version,
    PH2 mac os version,
    PH Battles (a castle attack type of game based on PH universe)

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

What means "PH2" Deluxe iPhone?

4. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
  5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #205 Vovin, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

Ah, ok. Thanks! Btw, that Kings Bounty map is a really huge one. I just bought KB yesterday as stand-alone, but I had no idea about the size. This will take days to complete. I swear you must have cursed while placing these hundreds of mountains and thousands of trees. :D

edit: oh another question: PH2 for iPad is already released... so why did you chose to release Kings Bounty as stand-alone for the iPad, too? I thought you can buy it as map for PH2 also?

6. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    because we have changed the gameplay for the standalone version. Auto-skipping turns for best playing experience.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Ah, like the differences between Heroes of Might & Magic and Kings Bounty.
    Well, it's nice to see that the best of both games is released on the iOS by you. :)

I bet you're desperately waiting for HoMM VI like me. :p

8. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    Not really... since I began to develop Palm Heroes, I can't play homm games anymore... :(

9. 1sec

1sec New Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Hi.. new to this thread.

First I'd like to express my humblest gratitude for converting my favourite game to iPad! I've been an avid fan of Homm-series since Homm2 and it is difficult to even try to describe the overwhelming feeling of home-coming when launcing Palm Heroes 2 dx for the first time.

Thank you! *a deep bow*

Still, I'm bold enough to suggest a minor modification to the game. I can only hope that I will not be punished with a Fizbin of Misfortune or Hideous Mask for my impudence..

I think that creature upgrades are a major factor in the game, yet while they can only be obtained at a Hill Fort they are somewhat neglected in many maps and sometimes totally absent.

My suggestion is that a sort of Hill Fort (or Warfare Academy, Dark Citadel, Sacred Grounds etc.) could be built also in the cities, offering some of the critical creature upgrades for a steep cost. This building could be limited to otherwise full-built cities and the resource cost could be substantial -- however this would enable some of the creature upgrades in every map and in every game.

All told, I love building and upgrading my keep almost as much as leveling my heroes so selected upgrades to the individual creature buildings would also be lovely. Built-in Hill Forts could, however, be an easier way to include creature upgrades in all cities.

Thank you again for your exquisite work on Palm Heroes -series!

Yours faithfully,
    1sec

10. 1sec

1sec New Member

Aug 10, 2011
    In reference to the previous post, there is another small detail which your most devoted fan would like to bring forth..

A combat dialog box would be exceedingly welcome since the ranged attacks and enemy spells etc. often take place in so rapid turns that they are sometimes almost impossible to track. In addition, "..3k of skeletons hit the red dragons for 2940 damage.." appearing in the combat dialog would add depth to the game and certainly make even a lich smile widely, wouldn't you agree?

Yours faithfully,
    1sec

11. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    The developers are pretty active here, and I'm sure your polite feedback will be seen.

Welcome to these forums, BTW

12. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    you can add any kind of dialog box. The question is... where

13. 1sec

1sec New Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Thanks for the reply and for the exquisite game! I have given up sleeping almost entirely since I downloaded the game. Hopefully this gradual conversion to a zombie will eventually render sleep completely redundant.. :)

Could the combat dialog text for instance appear and scroll in the upper part of the screen, and then just slowly fade away in order not to block the view? There could also be a 'replay' or 'scroll' button to enable later evaluation of the combat. This would be especially handy when the enemy hero hits several of your stacks with a spell, followed by multiple long ranged attacks.

//1sec

14. BridgeS

BridgeS Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Loving the game so far, have completed 4 of the 20 maps I received in the deluxe version. Just have one question. Is there anyway to know if a group of monsters/army is going to join you or engage you. I've lost a couple games because I've avoided a dragon for so long, only to have it join my enemies team then decimate me.

15. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Quick question about artefacts - is there a way to move them from one hero to another?
    Also the tutorial mentioned a manual, but I can't find it. Anyone got a link?

16. Bigsby

Bigsby Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    im on the fence about getting this on my iphone 4,
    really loved the HoMM titles and yes! I even gave some love to HoMM 4 :)
    but im wondering how this plays on the iphone as the iphone doesn't have the same screen luxury of the ipad.

maybe someone can upload a video to show what the gameplay is like on an iphone? that would be great :)

i already tried searching youtube but all i got was a review by someone who was comparing palm heroes2 to civilization?? and he was having a hard time moving the character and i barely got to see any gameplay at all since i didn't think he knew what he was doing from the start anyway. so it didn't do the game any justice

sadly i don't have an iPad so i couldn't try the free version :(

17. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    yes you can move artifacts from one hero to another. Just "meet" one hero with another ("mate" haha :D )

The iphone 4 screen is more than enough to play the game. You will have no problems. But the ipad version is surely better. No use trying to deny that.

18. nightskys

nightskys Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    #218 nightskys, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    I am trying to register on the palm heroes 2 website but i dont know what the security question is.

What is the best creature of a Warlock? (flying lizard):

what do i typ in to get pass this point.

Also can you zoom in at all in this game? the map is really small and very hard to see secret stuff.

19. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    the answer is "dragon" of course

20. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    If I had a 2nd device handy I'd make a video for ya - but I can verify that the game plays just fine on my iPhone4. (Even the original Palm Heroes is manageable, but the constant zoom in/out drives me nuts!)

If you aren't sure about biting, you could try Royal Bounty - I would not recommend it to most to start out with as it's a HUGE map, but if you've played lots of HOMM in the past, you should feel right at home with PM2 as it's nearly identical. This is coming from someone who is in the middle of replaying HOMM3 ;)

Take a look at the (semi-outdated/different-platform) manual for the game, lots of elements should look familiar...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5452421/manual_eng.pdf