iPhone Palm Heroes 2

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 4, 2011.

1. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    @jim-ph having the deluxe version and this being one of my favorite games to play on the iPad...I have all the $2.99 the DLC packs as well as most of the other packs, and plan on eventually getting them all because this PH2 is just that good of a game for me with it's ton of strategy and replayability(long time fan), and of course supporting the Devs. My question though before I get anymore...some of the DLC shows as still purchasable though I bought bundles that have certain maps in them already (i.e. Heroes, Arena, Path of Necromancer, and War for Life to name several still shows as purchasable though I bought all bigger map packs in the descriptions) and have hit the restore button several times in hopes they would stop showing on my DLC list so I know what I haven't got and it's all organized.

Are these diffent scenarios outside of packs? I don't want to buy them twice if it's not necessary, and I'd like to be up to date on the DLC list so I can just pick up new maps/packs in future updates without the confusion. Can you give a better breakdown/clarification of the the DLC? Thanks.

2. iosoftware

iosoftware Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    yes those are same maps outside the packs. No need to buy them again :)

3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks for the fast response. Anyway you can update where one wouldn't accidentally purchase them? After you buy the pack(s) they disappear from the IAP section...sorry if that's asking too much...

4. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Is there anyway to install any of the free HOMM2 maps found on the net?

5. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    @Tommet:

same chances as using a Quake 2 map with it :D

@GodSon:

We will try to make it this way.

6. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Fair enough. Thanks for the response.

7. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thank you jim-ph! ;)

It'll make it a lot easier to keep track with less confusion when purchasing maps, not to mention more organized. :)

8. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Please make this happen. I think I've accidentally repurchased several maps this way, it's very irritating.

9. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Any updates on the "larger / better" unit sprites in combat. That's the only thing I'm waiting for prior to purchasing this for my iPad... :)

10. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    In progress, but far from completion!

11. mrpetrov

mrpetrov Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Such an awesome game. Is it weird that I enjoy this version more than the new pc homm vi demo?

I haven't noticed any new maps for a while - are there more coming soon jim? Also, are there any user made sources of maps that you can use on the iPad?

Thanks,
    Petrov.

12. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    I've got a couple of maps half-done. Adventure maps. Also several maps from other map-makers.

You can try making your maps if you wish. There's an old map editor (win32) available on the game forum. When you are familiar and good with it, I can give you the latest map editor.

13. mrpetrov

mrpetrov Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Got it, thanks jim - so am I right in thinking the only way to acquire new maps for the iPad version is through the in-game map download menu?

Thanks also for the offer re the map editor too, sadly I am only a consumer of maps as I've neither the talent nor application to make them myself.:eek:

Petrov.

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nope.

Some of us still prefer the 2D sprites from HOMM2. :eek:

15. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    just got 2 deluxe...on the first map, there are a lot of areas that I cant seem to get too...blocked by woods or other obstacles. Cant see a way around either, I'm stuck?

16. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Just bought the De Luxe version, just to support this game.
    Got the Other version already though...
    Just hoping that the option will be there that shows which map is completed

17. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    New in the DE LUXE version:

You can now purchase all in-app maps for $12. All of them, as one pack.

18. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I own 20 maps and the store says there is a total of 33. What's the best way to determine the the 13 that I'm missing?

I'm assuming the maps don't transfer to the iPhone version?

Just want to be up to date and I don't have the iPhone version yet.

Thanks!

19. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    The store can't know how many maps there are because some are only available as part of the map packs.

There's a total of 77 maps I think.

They don't transfer to the iphone version because that's how the appstore works - each app's inapp system is sandboxed within it.

And we could not make a universal binary either because it would eat too much memory. Hard to explain, it's technically connected with porting PH from the win mobile platform where we originally started.

20. mrpetrov

mrpetrov Member

Jan 10, 2011
    I'm distracted by Silversword at the moment, but when I'm done with that, when do you think you mug have some new maps available?

Thanks!
    Petrov.