iPhone Palm Heroes 2

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    #301 Ubisububi, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
    Maybe down the road then. I'd even be up for a premium price for the feature as an IAP ($9.99ish) because including it standard would likely reduce the possiblity of microtransactions.

The reason I like random maps so much is because hand-crafted maps feel very linear to me, and I like sprawling, open, "anything goes" kind of maps. Ya know, like the maps in Heroes III...

2. 3n+r0py

3n+r0py Active Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Philippines
    Is this the same palm heroes on windows mobile?

Seeing those screenshots reminded me of a game i used to play for hours on end on my xda2 a few years back... Didn't know it was ported iOS!

3. Foiden

Foiden Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Looks good. I've pretty much gotten all incarnations of Palm Heroes II, so looking forward to all the improvements of PH3.

4. Uberskooper

Uberskooper Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2012
    The game is pretty good interface wise, considering we have a "one button/touch" rather than "two button" interface. The swipe system works pretty well now. Interface wise, the only things I would be the combat screen. I would like it more if I could click to select and highlight a space/enemy and click again to move there. I would also like to see options for increased animation speed in combat.

I think the main changes I would like is more content and more vivid graphics. I have said earlier in this thread that the appearance is kind of "meh." The creator replied that it is actually higher res than Heroes II. I have no doubt that this is true, but the combat screen is still quite ugly in my opinion. I would very much like to see a combat screen with larger characters, a more reasonable number of hexes, and more detailed characters/scenery. Something like what Heroes II and Heroes III were. The adventure screen looks great and the town scenes are good as well.

I would also like to see more content (if possible). This includes unit upgrades (similar to Heroes II and III) and possibly a new town. The Russian town is pretty interesting, but I think it could benefit from some more fantasy elements. There could be mythic creatures/warriors from Eastern and Central European folklore. Maybe a town building that's essentially Baba Yagga's chicken leg house that grants the town some kind of bonus. Right now it feels like someone just dropped medieval Muscovy into a Heroes game.

5. iosoftware

iosoftware Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    >>if I could click to select and highlight a space/enemy and click again to move there

You'll have it.

>>increased animation speed in combat.

Me too. Consider it done.

>>vivid graphics
    Just wait and see

Combat is one of my top priorities right now, comfort-wise.

>>unit upgrades

PK2 has unit upgrades. You can upgrade units inside a "war academy" map construction.

6. byronbulb

byronbulb Active Member

Jun 17, 2009
    I'd like to see upgrade trees like in HOMM, available in your own towns/cities. A larger variety of BIG maps would be nice too - I like to play a single scenario for a long time.

And no IAPs, let me buy the whole game at once, even if that means you have to charge a higher price. I don't begrudge you guys the money I've paid for maps, the game is worth it, I just wish I could've bought the whole shebang up front.

7. Hianogames

Hianogames New Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Loved Heroes 2 way back in the day. Will definitely give this one a try.

8. remmizero

remmizero New Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Will PK3 have async multiplayer? Biggest question for me. Will pay $20 for it if it does (as will my buddies!)

9. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Unit upgrades in castles would be better and more like HoMMIII.

Hopefully we can see some screenshots soon.

10. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    Just played PK Classic 1.6... we must have the most forgiving players in the world :) It was total interface hell, don't even want to try finding PH1.0 on torrents - too scared :D

Looks like it took us four years to finally make it right.

Async MP ... is... planned.

in fact, we even test played it on Win Mobile. Then came the iphone port, and the development of that feature was put off.

Upgrades in castles are planned too. As you may guess, that's some intensive drawing task for the castle view screen. If not for the initial release - then in updates.

We also have a castle siege game coming up. Multiplayer and single mode. PK creature universe. A classic side-view castle siege, but with an unusual MP mode. Undead enemies rise from the center, with player castles to the left and right. Necromancers attack in two directions simultaneously, and if you beat the undead waves, your forces continue to the other player's side to help the undead beat the hell out of the other player :D

That one is iphone-ready for now, thinking of starting a kickstarter campaign for hi-res screens support for it (ipad 3 and others)

11. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Really appreciate the updates. Thank you for keeping in touch with us Heroes Junkies here.

I don't know how close you're allowed to come to PC Heroes products but we're all pretty excited to recreate that experience as closely as possible. Async multiplayer should really give this some hang time :)

12. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    I've been playing a lot of HOMM1 and 2 lately to see how I can re-use the familiar user experience and apply that to the touch interface.

I designed all dialogs from scratch. Victorash saw the interface, and described it as "clean, beautiful, native, more efficient, and "very heroic""

Under Async MP I meant online MP. It was in a hot-seat turn mode, but we had plans to go for simultaneous turns. If you don't know how that works, play Civ4 on the desktop. Hot-seat on the same device is already implemented as you probably know.

A couple of questions to you guys:

1) Do you think the "buy all creatures for all available funds" is really that useful? Taken into account that we've got a double-tap buy all creatures of that kind gesture shortcut?

2) Do you think that such a button is necessary on the screen with castle image?

3) What's more convenient: a slider recruit control, or + / - buttons HOMM2-style?

4) Do you think we need a "put all creatures to hero garrison" button on the castle image screen?

13. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
    I think its best to go with as clean of an interface as possible.

14. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    Royal Bounty (as separate games for iPad and iPhone) is free today (2/25/2013).

Fingerjack is also discounted to $0.99

And here are some promos for you:

XPPY4RFHRPW3
    LKAXYEHRAEYH
    WLXFA7FNF647
    ALWWPXL64E4W
    MEX4JJJK9XNJ
    P7A4YRAPLWTA
    KK97W3YPMNN3
    AWX3J6R6FPP6
    HK9PMRTFJTAK
    FLXJ3LYMATRH

15. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    FLXJ3LYMATRH taken. Thanks!!

16. bgkoh

bgkoh Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    XPPY4RFHRPW3 taken. Thanks :)

17. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    HK9PMRTFJTAK used, thanks!

18. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I got the last Fingerjack code. Thanks.

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
  20. incineratee

incineratee Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    It's been more than a month. Any news about it ?