iPhone Palm Heroes 2

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 4, 2011.

1. iosoftware

iosoftware Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    You mean getting a promo code / beta access? Sure, absolutely no problem. I couldn't state it there officially though, because we've got a limited number of promo codes for the iOS version.

2. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Ah, I'd love to beta test it, thank you, but I meant a donation tier that included an iOS version download, and a commitment not to change the game design from the desktop version.

3. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    yes we can supply you with a promo code for the release.

4. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Sounds great, I'm happy to support its development. However, you've been silent on my second point, and I'm trying not to read into that. Will the iOS version be the same as the desktop, or will it have a more freemium design?

5. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    I think we'll go for the PK2 Deluxe for ipad scheme, (moderately) paid, with a bigger pack of maps + IAPs for whatever is released later. Out of all current versions we have for PK2, this made the most money. And best ratings too (the free version being the worst in both aspects).

But don't worry, we have a way to supply all backers with whatever extra content we may add, for free.

6. vdesilets

vdesilets New Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Where is my map pack?

Just puchased the Deluxe version of this app for my iPad. It said it would come with the All Maps Map Pack and thats why I chose the DELUXE version. But now they want me to pay an additional 10$ for it. Or maybe I just don't get how to load the maps I paid for put for now I'm pretty dissapointed.

7. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    nope you're mixing it up with the iPhone version.

8. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    No, he/she is not mixing anything up at all. I bought it also (Deluxe for iPad) because it says it includes the best selling "All Maps Pack". I'm looking at the description right now and have taken a screenshot. Can't post it right now. In the bullet points underneath -Discount for in-app purchases it clearly says -Includes best selling "All Maps Pack" You might want to change that if it isn't true as I'm sure myself and the person above aren't the only people who've felt a bit cheated or misled. Any reply would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

9. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    that means it has an in-app purchase option with all maps - unlike the free ipad version, that has only separate maps for purchase.

10. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    No, includes best selling all maps pack means that it includes best selling all maps pack. If that's not what you meant then you should word it differently. I'm not trying to be an ass but it is very deceptive.

I'd already purchased "all maps" in iPhone version and when I got iPad version I thought "Oh cool, it's already included.

11. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    We should probably formulate it more precisely... I know it's confusing that we have three versions with different monetisation, but that was our way of understanding what works best. At the moment ipad deluxe version is what keeps us going and what supports developing PK3, revenue-wise.

12. Gavx

Gavx Active Member

Jul 5, 2013
    A copycat game - stole a bit from HOMM glory (battles on this is very very bad with small units) but now original HOMM3 is released for IOS - No more copycats