Palm Kingdoms 3 (formerly Palm Heroes)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by undeadcow, Mar 1, 2013.

1. iosoftware

iosoftware Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
  2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    That's been a long time, had totally forgotten about this one.
    The screenshot looks good, I especially like the attention to detail, e.g. the witch with cat on broom.
    Any release estimate already, however rough?

3. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    We're preparing the map editor for the early access release. Should be this year.

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks, really appreciate the fast reply. Ah well, back to waiting then *twiddles thumbs* ;)

5. Cerberus_17

Cerberus_17 Active Member

Apr 10, 2014
    I recognize that your early games where removed from the AppStore (luckily I still have my copy of Royal Bounty on my iPad) but is there still any hope for Palm Kingdom 3 on IOS?

6. iosoftware

May 13, 2009
    Game Developer
    Varna
    it's actually not the games that were removed, but... us, as an ios developer.

7. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Sorry, but what does that mean? Why?

8. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Yeah what kind of cryptic shit it that?

9. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    My understanding of the situation is that Apple revoked their developer license because they believed they were doing something shifty with reviews or chart-boosting, maybe? IOSoftware denies the accusations, but it's not like they can do much about it if Apple still believes it's so.

10. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Didn't see the reply, Shaun. I appreciate your insight. At least that makes sense.

It's too bad this developer hasn't had the best results. I thoroughly enjoyed the hero-like games. It seems that what I bought is now down the tube from this developer. It happens. But if it happened because of something shady the dev did and got banned, that's just a bad taste in my mouth. Oh well, rock on.

11. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

Does that mean Palm Kingdom 3 is cancelled for iOS? Since you're back on the App Store under a new publisher I hope there is a chance we might see PK3 on iOS. I love PK2 so much that I bought the IAP for all the maps a second time. The first one was from the pulled app. Do know that you will have my support as well when you do decide to release Palm Kingdom 3 for iOS

12. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    This developer has historically been more communicative on Facebook. Let me check their page...(@PalmKingdoms)...their last update was in April when they were asking for help with translations. So the game was still in development at that time.

I hope it is still in development now, and I will throw money at them if/when they release.

If you've played Royal Bounty you know that their new engine and interface are very smooth.