Universal Particle Mace (By Andy Makes)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 28, 2015.

1. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    This is perfect.

2. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Perfect statement

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm not really into high score games but still interested in this given all two glowing reviews.

4. MelonMasher

MelonMasher Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Petroleum Logistics Scheduler
    Texas
    #24 MelonMasher, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    Reminds me of the Infinity Field Hammer Mode and that's a good thing.

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

First of all, get this game if you haven't already.

Ok, so I tried this on both iPhone 5 and Mini Retina, and I love it on the Mini. Cranked up the sound on a nice Bluetooth speaker and bang! Total awesomeness. The synth soundtrack is so relaxing, but fits the game perfectly.

I've unlocked 4 ships so far, and my favorite is the heavy ship. Love the bigger mace. I'm having slight issues with my thumb sliding out of the control circle. I've died more than once from my thumb wanting to overcompensate for movement. All of a sudden my ship will come to a stop, and boom, dead. I don't know what the solution for that would be, and for all I know, it may just be me. Could just take some getting used to.

I really thought Carter's review was spot on, and agree that iCloud would be fantastic. Especially since I have my phone with me way more than my iPad, but prefer playing on the iPad.

I also like the in-game leaderboard layout. It's cool to be able to browse that and notice some TA members' names.

Other than my minor control "issue", this game is close to perfect.

6. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

#26 Baracus, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    My only purchase this week so far and yep it is awesome!

I too having the same controller issue as Anotherkellydown above on my mini. I think the stick needs to float with your thumb a bit when you get to the extremities. And re-center itself wherever you start with your first tap, or bounce back to its fixed position if you bring your thumb back in range without lifting. My only gripe, as I've done exactly the same and died a few times in heat of the moment which is frustrating.

The way the v-pad works on the Radiangames shooters is perfect for touch screens. I'm sure it can be tweaked up tho!

I've only unlocked heavy so far but only played a few mins. Was doubling my score each time & had about 600 I think highest (lame, I know!)

Now, when is HOMM3:HD gonna drop?!

7. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Number 16th overall so far.. The fast ship is pretty awesome.. Gotta score 2000 points on easy mode to unlock the hyper ship.. That's tough, my high score is 946

8. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    This game is awesome.

9. Nergal

Nergal Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Awsome works for me too, this game can get pretty intense. But I'd pay good money to be able to play in landscape mode on my iPad, even with black bars on the side. I'm not a big fan of playing in portrait, but I am now a big fan of this game regardless of that.

10. MelonMasher

MelonMasher Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Petroleum Logistics Scheduler
    Texas
    Game.Awesome/blown_away

11. armilla

armilla Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    THIS GAME IS DOPE. It's my new high score obsession, so don't hesitate if that's your jam now!

12. iamagame

iamagame Active Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Nice game. Nice credit page.

13. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  14. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    You have that ridiculous score I noticed lol ###

15. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Fantastic game. Best $3 I spent in a long time and I'm sure it will be in my Top 10 GotY list!

16. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    #36 NOEN, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    Wow! I know it's been getting great reviews from people, but I didn't know this game was going to be THIS good!! Normally I'm not into high score chasers, but with the mission system and all the different ships, it definitly gives you something to play for besides a score. I don't give 5 stars all that often, but I can't find a single thing wrong with this. I can't recommend this game enough.

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Hm I'm in the same boat as you with types of games I don't usually like but given your post I might give it a shot and blame you if I don't like it! When Apple lets me make purchases again...got blocked again and have to contact support. Getting to be a weekly thing.

18. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha. It's honestly good. I don't like high score chasers at all, but like I said, with the mission system and the different ships, I feel I have something to play for. You figure, I bought pretty much every game that was released this week, plus the F2P games and I haven't really touched any of them yet because I keep playing this. It's pretty much what you see in the video. There's not much else to it, so if you dig the video, most likely you will dig this.

Also, why are you pissing Apple off so much?? Lol. I don't even know what the criteria is to get yourself blocked. Do you gotta sleep with someone's wife or steal one of their cars or something? Lol

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This is bloody fantastic. The mission system is ingenious and I'll be playing this one till I've beat all the missions and gotten all the ships for sure.

My favorite so far is definitely the Cascade

20. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I just noticed how the music kicks in slowly after you've been on a run for a few. Just another cool little thing about this game.