iPad Peggle by PopCap (1.5 Peggle Nights IAP and Retina)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, May 11, 2009.

1. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    And it's not out in the app store in the U.S. yet, I did a search.... the link didn't load anything that was posted here.

2. Korean

Korean Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    thats funny it loaded up fine from an hour ago for me

3. falloutmike

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Ahh, had to keep the link that was posted here open for about 5 minutes... but when I searched on Itunes it never showed up.... but the link worked now.

4. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

I don't get why people just don't take our word to use the link, instead of blazing their own trails.

5. iphonelover1223

iphonelover1223 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    EVERYBODY if you are on your phone and try searching or clicking the link it doesnt work!! at least for me...

BUT if you click the link on a COMPUTER it will work, not sure why... maybe its not on phone app store yet but on computer app store

and also.. anyone have any first impressions??? worth the money????

6. falloutmike

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    I listened to your freaking words -.-.... I tried the link and had it open for a minute and it did nothing, so then I closed and did a search.... Then I just had to open the link and keep it there for 5 minutes or so... jeese -.-

7. jchampl

lmao, anger management?

8. jchampl

it's on the phone store. :)

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

[​IMG]

I really don't know why this makes me grin from ear to ear but holy cow I love this game.

10. Korean

Korean Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    haha calm down bud its just peggle

but anyways, whats the verdict? to buy or not to buy?

11. drach

drach Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Guess it's not hard to find someone to TOFTT on this one :D

I too played Peggle years ago on the PC - it was fun, but it wasn't the exceedingly addictive experience I thought it would be. But to have it in the palm of your hand now? I'm considering it...plus, I doubt there will be a price drop on this one for many moons to come. How long before it reaches the top 10?

12. heikooo

heikooo Member

May 3, 2009
    wow...the game is still pretty awesome ... im pretty happy that it was released so "early" :)

regards

heikooo

13. jchampl

do you like peggle? yes? then buy it. no? then don't buy it. the game is a perfect port, you either like the pc version or not, if you do then the iphone version will not dissapoint. if you don't like the pc version, don't expect it to be ANY different.

14. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    Oo I love the icon :D

15. falloutmike

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    I was addicted to this game on my old Ipod nano... recently got on the PC but didn't get as addicted. I guess I just liked being able to play on the go instead on a big ol' computer.

16. Korean

Korean Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    to be honest, ive never played peggle, on an xbox or a mac, and further more, ive never even heard of it until you guys started hyping it.

so i wouldnt be able to tell a difference even if there is one.

17. APPyhourreviews

APPyhourreviews Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    amazing. I may have to get this!

18. falloutmike

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Ugh, I'm all antsy waiting for this to load. 10.2MB takes 45 to 50 minutes to download on dial up. :(

19. jchampl

download the trial on popcap.com then you can make your own decision wether you like it or not, rather then relying on us. your tastes may be VERY different then most of us.

20. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    #80 Burton, May 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 12, 2009
    So I just caved in and bought Peggle, and must admit that at first I was kind of skeptical about this game.

Peggle is definitely a great game, the graphics and physics of it are top-notch. I have only played the first level of this game, but am really enjoying it so far. Although I do admit, I think it's a bit more enjoyable to play on the bigger screen.

There is a feature that I didn't notice in the trial for the PC, it's the replay button. You can replay your last shot and save it to a replay folder. I think this is a great feature that can be used to show off your luck or skill (whichever you take it as ;)), and provides even more fun to a fantastic game.

The replay value in this game seems likes it will be very high seeing as it makes me want to go back for more and more, trying to achieve a higher score each time, or just for something to do when I'm bored.

There is 1 TINY thing though that I wish they would've done differently. When you hit your final orange peg, and it goes into a pot for a chance to get more points, I wish that the text of the amount of point would be brighter, because right now it's kind of dark and lame. :D

For $4.99 I DEFINITELY don't regret this purchase, I expect it to be one of my most played iPod games to date. :D