iPad Peggle by PopCap (1.5 Peggle Nights IAP and Retina)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, May 11, 2009.

1. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    I just tried the trial PC version and WOW! I have to get this game!
    I love the moments I'm on the edge of my seat or when I'm yelling at the screen.
    It's just so amazing.

2. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Can I hold you to that? Bookworm had a few things that made the timed level pretty much unplayable for me, and so far I haven't seen any fixes for that despite me sending them my token e-mail (I'm sure I'm not the only one with the same problems there).
    Is this really a PERFECT port? It only takes 1 or 2 niggles to screw it up...

3. Jeeters

Jeeters Member

Apr 25, 2009
    #83 Jeeters, May 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 12, 2009
    Is anyone else having an issue where the normal Peggle music is not playing in the background? Did they leave it out of the iPhone release? I loved the Peggle music, as it adds a ton of charm to the game. Maybe I am doing something wrong or not seeing an option?

I actually noticed that the video posted earlier from http://gamesblog.ugo.com/games/peggle-iphone-video-exclusive shows a different options menu than the menu I am seeing. It has iPod music as an option. Check it out around 4:35 in the video.

Hmm, ok, just checking to see if anyone else is getting Peggle music in the background.

Thanks.

4. jonrosing

jonrosing Member

Dec 29, 2008
    I'll post some quick impressions. I bought the game without blinking an eye, I've played Peggle on the NDS and PC for comparison. After a semi decent load time (nothing off putting, but longer than 10 seconds) you get into the game. It has you put your name on a Peggle University certificate, which is your profile. When you get into the game, everything is as it should be, the graphics are perfect, the frame rate is great and the sound is just like it is on the PC. The added controls for the iphone/ipod version of peggle is a wheel on the right side which lets you precisely aim where you want to. I like it a lot (I wasn't sure if I would though), you can swipe the wheel like you do with your contacts page on your phone and it whips where you want it to go. I look forward to playing though the whole game and wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone looking to loose a part of their life to this game, it WILL suck you in (even if it sounds like a dumb play mechanic).

5. DannyV

DannyV Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Graphic Designer
    Yeah mine has that same problem. Anyone know if it's supposed to be like that?

6. Pitch_Blak

Pitch_Blak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    None for me as well.

Strange that the iPod music option is left out.

7. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA

The replay and save the replays are on the PC version, don't know about the trial but I bought it for the PC and have the option for that.

Also just downloaded it and loving it, reminds me of playing it on my Ipod nano ;p

8. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    You guys suck ;););)

I think I'm going to have to give this a try. Bookworm is pretty much my favorite game of all time, so I figure if nothing else, throwing a little support PopCap's way is fair.

9. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    FREAKING SWEET!
    I thought it was coming out later, guess not!
    Immediate purchase, and hoping it's as great as the computer and XBLA copies I have purchased.

10. DukeSucks

DukeSucks Active Member

Apr 9, 2009
    just got it, so excited

11. chris1215

chris1215 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    So excited. Grabbing now

12. TheKrazyRussian

TheKrazyRussian Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    I agree, perfect port.
    There's one small problem thought, i am experiencing slowdown when i hit the last orange peg, anyone else experiencing this?

13. rivgambino

rivgambino Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Never played it and dl'ed the pc version as well and all I can say is....wawawewa, very nice! I like peggle! Jagshemash! Dl'ing to my iPhone in 3...2...1....

14. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    It's supposed to slow down. To create epic excitement. It's great, but I suck as much as I remember. Oh well, it's still fun.

15. Pitch_Blak

Pitch_Blak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    Excellent game.

I have had a few problems, however. First of all, there seems to be no backround music playing at all. Only does the start up and the Fever Mode tunes play.

Also, there's a bit of a lag when transitioning to Fever Mode.

16. Jeeters

Jeeters Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Yeah I am definitely missing the background music. It adds so much to Peggle. I wonder if it is a bug or if they meant for it to be left out?

17. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Peggle is a pretty overrated Popcap game imo.

I think a better game is Plants vs. Zombies, which I will be waiting for a port to the iDevice.

18. eggrolls11

eggrolls11 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I checked out the vids, the game looks godly fun!
    I just do not know whether it is worth it at 5 bucks. Are there plenty levels/unlocks/trophies? It looks maybe entertaining for a couple weeks, if not months. But maybe not over 2 months? Somebody willing to correct me? :rolleyes:

19. TheKrazyRussian

TheKrazyRussian Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    UPS
    CA
    That's not the slowdown i am talking about, i own Peggle on my Xbox 360, PC and now the iPod and the iPod version slows down a lot more right when the ball hits the last orange oeg.
    Also, where's the background music?

20. chris1215

chris1215 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    God this is everything I hoped it'd be. Oh how I love Peggle