Universal Perfect Cell -by Mobigame (Universal App) [IMGA Winner]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 21, 2010.

1. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    any more opinions on this? spent a lot this month but i have a little left over...wondering if i should pick it up...

2. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    It's actually really fun and not that gory at all, I was excpecting it to be worse (more gory) it has a lot of challenging puzzle elements to it. I don't know if it's worth the $6 bucks yet as I'm not that far into it but it is definitely fun.

3. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    hmm....

i wonder if it will see any updates that extend it's life...

i hate being on the fence.

4. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    I was very looking forward to this one and I will give it a try. Even if (I guess) most of us already spent about 20 Bucks this month ;)

5. MrStayPuft

MrStayPuft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    i downloaded it this morning before I left for work. Only played the first level but it looks very polished and runs smooth. The controls for the game is very well done, similar to Infinity blade where you are swiping on the screen. It just works very very well. Its a perfect game made for iOS and uses the touchscreen to its advantage. It's a fun game.

I gotta be honest I really like striking the scientists and their bodies flop around all over the screen in such a way that is funny and very well done lol

6. CerenPL

CerenPL Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Looking at truckers delight I wouldn't count on it:rolleyes:

7. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

I think the thing that concerns myself (and others) is the lack of developer involvement in this thread. The game mechanics look fascinating and extremely tempting, and based on other's feedback is all positive.

In regards to cost, well, hah... I think a lot of us have spent so much that a little extra isn't going to make a lot of difference. ^_^

However, I need to see an active developer as a vote of confidence before picking this one up. Anyone else?

8. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Well, Mobigame said they were working on an update to it.

9. nonverbalist

nonverbalist Member

Dec 13, 2010
    This game is fantastic.
    It has a unique look and feel, controls are working perfectly, the mood is great.
    Really loving it.

10. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    This game is quality...Only done a few levels so far but i'm liking this a lot.Nice gameplay,music is pukka and fits the game well.Video below is of intro and first couple of levels.

11. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    awesome

I took a chance and downloaded this game for my iPad and I have to say I am glad I did. Worth every penny! Awesome gameplay. Smooth controls. Great graphics and atmosphere.

Best thing about this game is the ability to play either with stealth or aggressively. I'm enjoying trying to get through each level without killing any scientists. The simplicity and elegance of the gameplay really compliments the iOS. This is the kind of game that fits perfectly on my iPad, iPod, or iPhone.

The only thing that makes me a bit apprehensive is the number of levels. It seems like the game may end before I want it to. Although I appreciate that the length of the levels keep you from feeling frustrating since they are not too long and not too short, I'm hoping that there will be more added to the game in future updates. Perhaps some (non story) virtual puzzle levels like the ones found in some other popular series.

Enjoying the game tremendously and highly recommend it.

12. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    yeah, i thought the same thing and i wake up today with an update to edge.

irony is ironic.

13. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    i'm usually on that boat, too...but mobigame's reputation speaks for itself and they do have a presence, albeit a limited one, on these forums...

14. MrStayPuft

MrStayPuft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    The game is not getting much love on App store. I gave it a 5 star review on app store, and 1 other person reviewed it and gave it a 1 star. I don't know what game that guy was playing cause this game is great.

15. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    i bought it

im playing it im in the ninth mission and it feels like a good game, so far. im happy. im trying to finish the game without killing anybody. on the second run it wil be mayhem. it has a great gameplay and feels unique. and coming from the creators of Edge im sure they will update it a lot

16. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The beginning of the game is abit boaring, but it get's alot better when you learn the superdash thingy (I'll just call it that). Still, I think the game could have been alot better (I'm not finished with it yet, so I don't know if this is in the game later on), but some boss fights or propper puzzles would have been nice.

17. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Was it worth every penny of the $5.99 you spent? :/

18. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    man I wanted to get this game but now I'm finding it hard to justify the price. :confused:

This vs. six $1 games on my wishlist. hmmm...

19. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#79 Der-Kleine, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
    I would say it wasn't worth every penny of the 5.99$ I spent, but then I'd be lying. It's not worth every cent of the 4.99€ I spent! :p

To make it worth the money the game would need:
    -more and different action. not always just... slash... dead.
    -more (varyed) puzzles
    -bossfights
    -upgrades to your perfect cell to make it even more perfect in some weird way?
    -more levels (wich have the listed points)

I'll make a gameplay video tomorrow then you all can see what you think.

20. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Have anyone played through the whole game yet? How long is it? How many abilities do you get trough out the game? Is there any exploration or only short levels thats stealth/puzzle based?

I´m also on the fence about this one...