Universal Phoenix 2 (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Hehe yes. I bought some credits via IAP to unlock the phoenix for sentimental reasons - one hour later when the Warp Gate opened I got it again:)

What a bummer. Would be nice if you could get some currency for double ship unlocks via Warp Gate.

2. CraigG

CraigG Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I wonder whether they should take a leaf out of Frisbee Forever's book. That game rewards every run to some extent. Phoenix II could do the same, so you could at least get something out of grinding to the same difficulty wall again and again. Instead, you get lobbed a few coins for accusing a wave you'd not seen before. The long-term for this, I fear, is a lot of people playing the daily challenge once or twice, abandoning it, trying again for a few days, and then just thinking "nuts to it".

3. Canthar

Canthar Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Not sure how I am liking the Personal shield Zen skill. When I have to lift my thumb the reposition due to the zoom change I end up losing energy when I don't need the personal shield. Causes problems with energy management at times.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah i got my first double just after the update.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ah... Im an idijoto. All the time i was looking at it the wrong way.

I thought the stun was the bullet slo mo. Didnt realize the enemy actually stop shooting. Graaargh. Now i hate myself for it. Hahahaha

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =o)

Glad that got sorted out... I was a little worried about buying the top tier EMP upgrade...

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hmm... My last 2 warp pulls which were both post update, are both duplicates.

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah I haven't gotten a 'new' ship in like 4 days. =o/

Guess they're called 'rare' for a reason... Once I do unlock more ships and see more weapons, I'll probably wind up buying one of the 3 arrow thingy ships (the rare ones)... But not until I feel more comfortable with the currency dump (by actually knowing what weapon type I'll be getting into).

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im currently liking the Juggernaut. At max rank, it fires 2 shells simulatenously, each one exploding in a small AOE on impact.

It has bullet EMP, and the second ability is mega bomb which i think is pretty underrated. I really like the mega bomb, as it's usually a free stage X-1 as it will most likely clear the first wave when you have time to charge for free.

10. Canthar

Jul 18, 2012
    I really like my Yoth but I think the lack of bullet EMP is holding me back. Point Defense drains energy fast and is less effective overall it feels like.

11. rtificial

rtificial Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2015
    pastry chef
    Georiga
    Amen to that

12. rtificial

rtificial Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2015
    pastry chef
    Georiga
    This game isn't really grabbing me. I've played a good bit and have like 4 or so ships.

1. Like mentioned the personal shield gets triggered as with any zen mode effect accidentally when you have to reposition your finger. This happens quite a lot cause the game zooms in and out depending on the wave. Thus your ship moves away or under your finger.

2. Repositioning your finger cause of mentioned stuff above usually ends in death at the stage 3 or 4 mark.

3. There is really only 2 randomly generated stages. That is if you join a community. There isn't much to really look at in the background and you pretty much see the same enemies over and over.

4. I do decent with 2 bare bone ships but I rarely get past waves 10-12. Once this happens you just look at the same thing over and over till things reset. Which then is just a new remix if you will.

5. Finding a ship you like is a lot of trial and error. I like the variety of play styles but the orange and blue damage to strategy is a bit confusing or lost somewhere.

6. Leader boards are a lil confusing too. I'll check my position and people's numbers are all over the place. I'm guessing it shows the top 10 then shows something abruptly where you're at?

7. The menu music sounding like a loud Cthulhu nightmare coming has made me turn music off.

8. I've noticed just now that the blue matrix background starts lighting up more blue the more you power up. Thus the blue power points you pickup get blurred into the background and harder to see.

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I really like this game but really want an endless mode aside from the main game to keep
    Me playing.
    It's such a good game and a good start to a brilliant one.

14. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Love the graphics. I suck though, so this winds up being a game I play in 15-30 second intervals.

Guess it was designed for people with better reflexes than me.

Hope it does well, but seems like only the hardest of the hardcore will get anywhere.

Its a drag that money only earned for further advancement.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #115 Exact-Psience, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Testing out the ingame recorder...

https://youtu.be/Zn8fV3BpNaY

EDIT: i forgot how to embed 0_o

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #116 Royce, Jul 31, 2016
    Hahaha. Just use youtube tags and put the string in the URL, Zn8fV3BpNaY in this case, between them. Great job reaching top 10 on the board. I was pretty happy to get into the top 25 but have already been bumped into the 30s. Gonna keep trying though. Love this game more every time I play it.

Edit: oh my god, that stun emp is amazing. I need to get me one of those. How many upgrades do you have to make your aura that big?

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #117 Exact-Psience, Jul 31, 2016
    The upgrade increases the duration of stun EMP, the aura max size is fixed from lv1 i believe.

And thanks for the youtube embed instruction. LOL. Been a while since i did that and i totally forgot it. :D

18. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    #118 K-Dog, Jul 31, 2016
    Not too keen on this game.
    Although, it did make me re-download Phoenix HD....and I'm glad I did.

It's much more fun all round. Weapons upgrading in the game, different smart bombs in game, just a better experience all round.
    There's fewer ships, but they're all great in their own way.

When you die in Phoenix 2, it feels like bad luck rather than lack of skill and you can't see how you should have avoided the bullet. When you die in Phoenix HD, you know it's because you slipped up. I know that sounds like I want an easier ride, and that's true to some extent. I want to have a good go, rather than a 2 minute burst if I'm lucky. At least in Phoenix HD, you can see a way through, but I suppose in Phoenox 2 - you need to rely on the shield / emp erc mechanic more. But I don't like that. Might just be me, but most of the time it seems impossible to get past a certain wave without the shield etc.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    What the hell this is getting ridiculous. All 3 warp pulls since the update are all duplicates.

20. Canthar

Jul 18, 2012
    You think the duplicate should at least give us a few credits instead.