Universal Pie In The Sky: A Pizza Odyssey (by Salty Croc Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 30, 2015.

1. stormyspop1

stormyspop1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I think I've encountered a bug. At some point (usually after gate 2) the game goes into a "loop" for a lack of better terms. The ship just keeps going forward with only one obstacle popping up every few seconds. There are no more deliveries or objects to dodge, unless I'm missing something. I have to crash into that one object or restart the game in order to get the game going again. Has anyone encountered this or is there something I'm not doing right?

2. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    SUCH A GREAT GAME.Concept, graphics, sound, gameplay.... I really love it! 5 endless arcade stars from me!

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #43 curtisrshideler, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    It's also on iTunes, where I just bought it! So good. Which, of course, means I picked up the game too. I kind of feel like a b.a. hero pizza delivery version of Ryan Gosling's character in Drive. And the music only makes it more so.

4. SaltyRyan

SaltyRyan Active Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    Canada
    I sent you a PM but I think I've already tracked this down. Is it safe to assume this is only happening after you've been in a run for a fairly good length of time? I'll be pushing a small update very soon to correct this and a couple of other minor issues.

Also just FYI if you do run into this bug you can pause the game and hit Restart and you will still get to keep all of your money earned.

5. lowenm87

lowenm87 New Member

Apr 3, 2014
    The game looks great. One question. Are there Game Center Achievements?

6. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    The artstyle looks like the movie Drive. I love Drive. #

7. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    are there any plans on reducing file size and shortening menu-loading duration in the next update? :)

8. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Placeholder !

Love the game. I have been playing for hours. Really well done. Just don't forget the placeholders.

Billy

Attached Files:

9. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Great to one. Just scooped this up. Lots of absurd fun slinging pies!

10. SaltyRyan

SaltyRyan Active Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    Canada
    Yes there certainly are!

I definitely have plans on reducing the file size in an upcoming update. We are right on the cusp of being downloadable over a data connection which is a convenience factor that we care about a lot. All the music and pizza topping art are the main culprits for the current size. Menu loading duration is something that I've been working towards throughout the project but it's a slightly more complicated fix. I definitely sympathize with the load times, particularly into the Menu, and am working on making improvements there wherever possible.

11. SaltyRyan

SaltyRyan Active Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    Canada
    Tracked this one down, thanks for bringing it to my attention. It will be fixed in an upcoming patch. Check your inbox! I'm sending you a promo code to share with a friend, with my thanks! :)

12. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    #52 curtisrshideler, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    I finally got around to downloading and playing. And I love the style, gameplay, and progression. Reminds me of Ridiculous Fishing. But I definitely wish we had an option to drag to control (like the Iron Man 3 game) and I wish I could swipe to use the barrel roll. I've tried activating it by flicking my wrist, but only works a quarter of the time for me, resulting in a lot of unfair deaths. I like that tilt controls are an option, but I would love another option.

Also, it would be awesome to have the pizzas delivered to the side of the screen that you tap on instead of having to be in the left or right lanes to determine throwing side.

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #53 LordShad0wz, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    Wow that was very kind of you. Looks like my girlfriend will get to play too! You didn't have to do that.

I filled up the tip jar as a thanks! So haha! I love devs that actually care!

I have 3 suggestions:

1) is there anyway to have some sort of line or reticle so we can see where we are flinging our pizzas ?

2) why can I not kill the ginormous bug thing with my weapons? Please let me kill it!

3) this is a weird one. I know everyone will flog me for this one. Can you remove the option to actually buy the pizza toppings with cash. Last night I realized that you could do that and I pretty much have them all now because of it. Lol. I thought the random topping option just randomly placed unlocked toppings on the pizza. If you do this it will make people play longer. What do you guys think? :ducks:

Billy

14. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    What the Lord said. Yes, I need to kill tht thing!!!!

15. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Just got around to playing this.. I'm not a tilt controls kind of guy but this game absolutely pulls it off.. Awesome job! #####

16. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    #56 icoker, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    A bit of a ridiculous suggestion, but it would be amusing to see a pizza shooter upgrade attached to the front hood to shoot enemies or obstacles down :D

Also will there be more unlockables? Im very close getting most of the upgrades. More vehicle variety would be a sound option!

17. SaltyRyan

SaltyRyan Active Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    Canada
    There are some reasons as to why I wouldn't want to involve swipes in the game, that mostly have to do with ensuring that the active abilities are as snappy as possible when used. How would you all feel about a sensitivity slider for barrel roll activation? That's definitely something I could add in if there's enough interest.

18. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    That might help. It's just a hard motion to incorporate for me since I'm already tilting to left or right to move. But when I do activate it properly, it's awesome!

19. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Im not a tilt fan either, but I do like Ridiculous Fishing so took a chance on this. The game does not work at all on my iPad Air running 8.x but it works fine on my iPhone. And the tilt controls are very smooth, like buttah.

The app store description only mentions iPhones, but it has the + to indicate universal...

20. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    One bug!

On the pizza customization menu, sometimes when youchange your toppings, the pizza wouldnt update and would still have the picture of the previous loadout.