Universal Pie In The Sky: A Pizza Odyssey (by Salty Croc Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Just read the review for this, was worried about the IAP, but looks like most people are loving this, gonna give it a try!

2. BSpot77

BSpot77 New Member

Apr 13, 2015
    This game is great in every aspect except controls. On a 6+ holding and tilting (and then tapping, and don't get me started on Barrel Roll controls... Having to whip my phone around is not ideal.) is just too awkward.

Love the game, hope an elegant solution for controls is discovered and implemented. :)

3. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Yeah tilt controls just don't do it for me.. I like the game but don't love it.. The dev mentioned he didn't want players to feel awkward playing in public.. It's pretty impossible to play this without flailing my iPad around.. Dig the look and the soundtrack but unless an alternative control option is given this won't stick around on my device to much longer.. Anybody who likes tilt controls will love this, just not for me #####.. Definitely don't regret supporting these guys though ##

4. SaltyRyan

SaltyRyan Active Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    Canada
    Hi everyone!

Just wanted to mention that a small patch is out now for the game. It doesn't address the load time issues just yet, but a few of the minor bugs people have reported should be ironed out now.

Android version of the game is nearing completion, after which we will have some more significant updates to announce!

5. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Been playing this game quite a bit lately. I honestly don't mind the tilt controls...they seem to be very precise! I have been weaving through space debris like a champ! Awesome game, can't wait for more features!

6. SaltyRyan

SaltyRyan Active Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    Canada
    Hi again all! Wanted to announce for those curious that the Android version of the game is now also available here.

With that release, we are looking towards releasing a major update to Pie in the Sky with some new goodies :) Stay tuned!

7. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    veryexcited here

8. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Awesome news!

9. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm excited! I love the game. I can't wait!

Billy

10. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Is the update on its way??

11. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I saw this thread on the page and got excited for a second lol

I wish the devs would tell us what's going on with the update.

Billy

12. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    tilt controls only?

no thanks.

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This Game Is Now Free

14. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    And another game I purchased premium has gone free... Good luck to the developers but I will be deleting this

15. SaltyRyan

SaltyRyan Active Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    Canada
    For those of you who have purchased the game previously and had it installed at the time of the update, you will all have the option (enabled by default) to never see the free-to-play ads that have been added to this version. Unfortunately, there's no way to check in-game if you've previously purchased it, so only those who already have the game on their device will have this option. Even still, I wanted to make sure that there was at least something in there to help those who supported the game when it was paid (there were a few of you, if you can believe it!)

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Still playing this game.
    Too bad the developer never made another game because this one is so good