Universal Pinball Arcade - (by FarSight)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    The only update warning I have left on the apps icon is for Pinball Arcade, but I didn't download as I also have the new ipad. Wish there was a way to get rid of that update so when others come in, I can hit "update all". Seems like Apple approving everything but this lol. No biggie - but looking forward to the two new tables.

2. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Sweet!
    Both are fine machines!

Glad to see Bride there being a own a real Pinbot :)

3. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    APPLE rejected the update :(! but they come out with a new update to go :)...

4. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Noooooo!

So how much longer is it gonna take?

5. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    The update was rejected because apple wanted farsight to implement a restore purchase instead of the automatic tracker that's used now. They went in appeal and are hoping apple will reconsider. If not ,a new update will be send in on monday.

6. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    So, in worst case, we have to wait another 2 weeks.
    I´ve tried it now on my Samsung Galaxy S Cell Phone/ Android. Bride of Pinbot runs jerky, maybe my device is to slow?Medieval Madness runs fine. But in my opinion the tables are not really playable on that small screen.I love my IPad with the big screen, where I can see all the details.
    Price is 2.99 for each table or 4.99 if you take both. Medieval Madness is "Table of the Month", so you can play it unlimited free this month, but with advertisments.

7. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    #487 reec0X, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
    I agree with apple, but they have to consider on the iOS user side. Even though on the Android, there are many issue reveal upon the new update was release. PLEASE, let the update run and then fix in the next update. That should be better...for both side :).

8. Behnam

Behnam Well-Known Member

The android version has been out for a while now, and the new tables are great! :p

9. Gregz0r

Gregz0r Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sure that's great news. :( :D

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The problem I had in Ripleys was that a ball went missing and the ball search eventually put another ball in the plunger lane, but then the game did not allow me to plunge it! Tapping call attendant put a 2nd ball in the plunger lane, and still the game didn't let me plunge them. LOL. So that was definitely a bug. However that was before the recent update, so it may have been fixed - I only had it happen that one time.

11. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    It´s out! .... on PS3.

I still can´t believe, why we have to wait endless!!! for the update.

12. Gregz0r

Gregz0r Well-Known Member

Not out in the UK(PS3 or iOS)! :(

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Does the PS3 version have the machines too, or just the initial set? On XBLA it's just the initial set of 4. So only Android has the new machines as far as I know. Rumor has it that the update was rejected by Apple for some reason, but I don't see any mention of that from Farsight either on Facebook or Twitter, so I think this is just rumor and nothing more.

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Whats the latest from the dev ? Wouldnt be so bad if they turned up or publically announced 'sorry we know we promised you tables every month but theres a delay....'. Again i was just irritated because they promised us tables and havent delivered, if they said 'they'll be out in 2 weeks....' then fair enough but we're just left in limbo

15. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    PS3 out only at USA, but with only the four starting tables.

16. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    technically in the apple developer docs in the section regarding IAP, it clearly states that you should provide a "restore purchases" button (because there is literally one line of code that performs this operation so it is easy to add, or at least should be). so it's really the dev's fault for not doing this in the first place... and anyway, a restore purchases button is in the interest of the user.

17. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    A little disappointing. Restore purchase probably would be a better implementation, but Farsight's current implementation worked well for me, both when I loaded the app up on a second device and when I updated Pinball Arcade on both devices.

18. bruab

bruab Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Yeah but Apple should have rejected the original app or the buggy first update. Holding up an emergency patch now over that issue is inconsistent and not in the best interests of their user base.

19. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Where is the update???

20. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    God knows!