Universal Pinna - Unicycle for your nerves

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RTamminen, Jan 21, 2015.

1. robotegames

robotegames Well-Known Member

It's featured in the US-store (Best new games) at least so that may explain those! If you open App Store through iTunes and scroll all the way down you can change the store from the flag and spy where you are featured.

Gotta try this game myself!

2. RTamminen

RTamminen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    Thanks for the great tip! Always learning something new.. :)
    Hope you share your thoughts of it!

3. robotegames

robotegames Well-Known Member

No prob!

Got the game, diggin' it. I love impossible games. :cool: Took a while to get a hold of the controls, tho!

4. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Congrats for being featured by Apple! I'm sure that helps. 25.000+ players within minutes and I'm #10. (It would be #7 if Game Center had registrated my score on iPad 1 as shown in the video in a previous posting.) Will have to pick it up again for some minutes…

A merciless precision game. Kind of "fuzzy precision" what doesn't make it easier. Mind the top-heaviness of the vehicle and don't get too fast.

5. RTamminen

Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    Awesome! I think that it's partly ok to get the player lose his temper a bit at the start. :D

You're right that it is quite easy to get greedy on the speed. ;)

Thanks for the support!

6. RTamminen

Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    It's been a really great journey so far with the game! Just had to update the support site: www.reinkout.com

[​IMG]

7. RTamminen

Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    Been working really hard on an update! It seems that especially the iPhone 6 and 6+ are having some lag/crashing issues. Just spent the last 9 hours or so double checking and fixing stuff.

Hopefully after the update also people with the new models can enjoy the game. :)

8. Habakuk

Game Impressions

Picked it up again and could easily rise my personal best to 232 meters (rank #31 out of 110,860 player).

At 200m the path lines (with their stroposcopic effect) are gone!
    Bug or feature?

9. RTamminen

Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    Whoa! That sure is impressive! Really nice to see that you've maintained your interest. :)

10. Habakuk

Because it's a good game. Even bought the IAPs (this happens only two or three times a year for games believe me). Wheelie mode is even harder! I'd love to have player slots btw. (always letting other people play—so my statistics are not valid any more).

So where are the TA regulars? Andy? Someone needs to beat my score!

11. RTamminen

Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    Thank you for that.

Player slots sounds a reasonable idea.
    I have been hunting the bugs for iPhone 6 and 6+, it would be great if the bad reviews would mostly be about the gameplay itself, but most of them are because of some crashing issues.

Update that's waiting for review in the App Store should fix some performance issues.

12. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  13. awesomeDev

awesomeDev Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Awesome!

Your game is awesome! I'm so addicted! :) I do have to say though, as a unicycler this is much harder than real life. (I bought out the ads too!)
    Stats:
    885 rounds
    7472 meters total
    48 minutes played

I do have a suggestion for you: When the game is over, make it spin around as it does now, but also allow me to drag around the view so I can read my stats, it's so fast I barely have time to read them.

14. RTamminen

Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    Thanks for the gameplay! Those are fun to watch and check how people figure it out. ;)

First of all, thanks a lot for the support, i really appreciate it!
    I probably should state somewhere, that if you want to learn to ride a unicycle, you should probably search a different app for that. :D

For the stats i made a quick fix for the next update, the spinning is about 50% slower.

What's going to be in the next update:
    -Visible controls (arrow circles that roll when held to give the idea on the wheel spin)
    -Ability to turn the visible controls off
    -Fix for the iOS 7 users
    -Some adjustments on the wheelie level
    -The controls have been modified (under the hood), they should feel quite like the originals, only a bit more accurate.
    -More accurate/informative tutorials
    -If you fail 10 times and your high score is under 5 meters, it gives you extra tip. And 20 times in under 10 meters, again a extra tip.
    -I tilted the unicycle just a bit more right, then you probably react wiser for the falling

Any ideas for improvement are welcome!

15. RTamminen

Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    I've been getting a lot of complaints about black screen after unity splash on Pinna.

It seems that the issue happens almost every time for iPhone 6+
    is there someone with this problem?! I would love to run Testflight beta for you, to check if i got it fixed for the next update!
    Please let me know. :)

16. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I see in your last post you mention a fix for ios7 users. I can't dload the game as it says it's for ios8 onwards. Just wondering how the ios7 users have managed to install as I'd love to play too.

I'm holding off going up to ios 8 for as long as possible, and I'm hoping by the time that comes I'll have saved enough for a new device :)

17. RTamminen

Patreon Bronze

Jul 2, 2014
    Finland
    Oh yes, by fix i mean support for iOS 7 :) It was messed on the previous version. I'll let you know when you can get it!

18. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Cool, I realised after I posted that you might have meant that. I look forward to playing.

19. Elkhanchik

Elkhanchik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Glad to find the forum to contact the developers of this game )

I was searching for quite a while for such an outstanding football game , I would say that it reflects pure "real life " football , with the competitions and so many teams it has ) I was quite surprised to see my NT team and a club from our league there , cause it is actually one of the weakest in Eu and it is difficult to find it in any game ) This adds more respect to the creators .

For me this is better than Fifa , the only game I can compare to it is First Touch Soccer , with quite similar manager mode ) The only difference is that AS lacks the "Star Player" mode when you choose a single player out of your squad and feel like you are on that pitch yourself ) I think it would be amazing if you could add such feature here ...

Now about some small disadvantages ...
    The controls are ok , BUT there is a huge problem ,while defending you cannot Switch the players , I tried to press B and A , but it seems there is no explicit way to switch the players , that creates a big deal of problems , cause it is the key feature of defending , I think it should be tackled in near update ...

I hope you ll like my review and inform about future updates ...

20. Elkhanchik

Elkhanchik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Sorry I posted to the wrong thread )