Pirate Legends TD - (by SuperHippo) [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by superhippo, Aug 1, 2013.

1. shidokan57

shidokan57 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Price? N i hope if u sell heros i hope its with in game currency and not actual money like KR. Kills the game. I hate know how much i play i cant get best hero unless i pay 7 bucks! Kills replay value n fun factor. Y not just make it purchasable with in game currency n just have it be a lot. But anyways game will be a instabuy here unless jacked with iap. It looks great. Hope plays great. Cant wait

2. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    superhippo mentioned earlier in this thread that all hero's can be unlocked through gameplay or purchased via IAP.i'm really looking forward to playing this game. i just hope it doesn't have a large file size after installing.

3. superhippo

superhippo Well-Known Member

Its premium yeah!! Can you make it cream of veg soup plz :p:)

4. shidokan57

shidokan57 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Ok all sounds well. Cant wait.

5. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    in the trailer it seems like it's very easy for your ship to get over run by enemies there seems to be SO many.

6. superhippo

It's a premium game and the price will be $3.99. The 'Flying Aces' are purchasable with real money (1 is free) but none are 7 bucks! They're much cheaper :)

You can collect an in-game currency by killing enemy seafarers and taking their toes as souvenirs! With these toes you can buy tougher allies (not heroes but other war boats) that patrol a patch of sea for you. You can also buy slightly weaker allies with normal coins that you generate all the time from kills.

Pirate Legends gives that player lots of options on how you want to tackle a level. I hope this clarifies some of the queries you guys have :)

7. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    that sounds great indeed

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    kingdom rush is great but this....this....oh man, i just need this game right now. "stunning visual" hell yeah!!! not to mention great bosses, great special power, the heroes...can't wait for this one.

9. superhippo

It can happen for sure but there are lots of tricks to get you out of trouble.

You need to build a good balance of Chem towers (fires oil barrels) that can slow the fast moving swarmer units. You can also use the player activated power shock waves (Turtles & Bombards). By firing these weapons in front of enemies you can knock them back with powerful waves giving your towers more time to take them out.

The rest of the tactics you'll need to figure out for yourselves :p

10. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    thanks, i look forward to doing just that

11. superhippo

Wow high praise indeed thanks Redribbon and everyone for the good feelings you make it all worth the effort :D

12. gejmerqo

gejmerqo Member

Jul 31, 2013
    the game looks great, adding to my watchlist and wish you best of luck:)

what is going to be the difference comparing to kingdom rush? is it going to bring anything new? seems to be the identical gameplay with different visuals.

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I have to say, the art is really attractive. That's what drew me to Kingdom Rush and that's definitely a huge selling point to me here too.

I actually feel like the animation seems a bit stiff (or not as smooth)? I can't really put my finger on it. But I'll be getting it anyways because it looks like it has a lot of promise :)

PS.

You guys need to consider a Ninja hero or Ninja super power or Ninja campaign... because we ALL know Ninja's are the pirate's true weakness!

14. superhippo

Here are some of the key differerenciators I posted a little earlier in the thread. The game also feels and behaves totally differently as we don't have any blocker enemies on the path like Ninja Town (DS 2008) and Kingdom Rush.

• You can build 20 different towers types. Towers have a very organic feel.
      Example: (Nitro filled Puffer Fish tower, Harpoon Shark Hunter, Sea monster...etc )
    • You gotta protect the pirate ship. That ship has its own guns (long range) that you can aim manually 360° around it.
    • You can hire island natives and pirates in some levels that patrol the map joining in the fight for you.
    • There are currently 4 hero 'Flying Aces' planned for launch. They strafe player defined target areas and upgrade their weaponry during combat etc..
    • In some levels you have secondary objectives off the main path which require you to capture loot convoys and steal treasure (Whiskey, Diamonds.... pandas!).
    • Lots of player activated powers like Pirate Ship Bombard, Kraken (sea monsters), Twisters, Rocks from the Deep, Turtle drone cannons... and a few other wacky things.
    • The visuals are a very strong feature of the game 30+ super detailed enemies & bosses set in very lush environments.
    • Some maps have rivers that can propel enemies forward or slow them down in some cases.
    • As its set on water we've used a water shock-wave system to push enemies about and it feels very natural when a shark jumps out of the water beside bad guys and the splash pushes them in all directions. The player can use the shock-waves to push enemies back and its a big part of the strategy of the game.

I can assure you that the animation is some of the smoothest you'll see. Maybe because the enemies are a bit chunkier than other TD games it might give that impression in the trailer but on device its as smooth as silk! :)

15. codetiger

codetiger Well-Known Member

shows your hard work... Best of luck.

16. gejmerqo

gejmerqo Member

Jul 31, 2013
    thx for the answers, I guess I need to see that in the action to understand better. looking forward to this game, will buy it instantly after release :)

wish you best of luck!!

17. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Ipod touch 4G compatible?

Did i read somewhere on here that it plays on ipod 4G? if so, i love you guys..will def. buy it if plays on ipod 4G!

18. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Love TD and this one too, instant buy for me.

19. superhippo

Thanks a lot guys we really appreciate the support :)

- Yes Pirate Legends plays on the iTouch 4G

Only 2 days till Launch, ooohhh yeah!!

20. lordfane

lordfane Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Can't wait, instabuy for me