Pitfall - (by ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC.)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Kumeelyun

Kumeelyun Member

Dec 7, 2011
    I can taste the bitter flavor of a soon-to-be released "Temple Run: Pitfall" re-skin now. I REALLY hope that isn't what it boils down too.

I agree that it would rock to bring the old Activision classics to iOS like the Atari app.

2. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    If they stink it up with in app purchases, death by crocodiles is too good for them.

3. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth

I hope not. I'd love a traditional Pitfall game and not another Temple Run clone.

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I've been yelling at TAITO to make Jungle Hunt or Jungle KING for the IOS for the last 2 years! Was one of my old favorites as I had the original stand up machine in my first house, then the cocktail version for a while, then the xbox version years later, and now with imame, so I am somewhat happy having it in my pocket now, but it's own app would be easier to access and would totally satisfy me. COME ON, TAITO, DO IT!!

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^I agree. It annoys me when theres companies out there sat on some great old arcade licenses like Taito. I'm also a huge fan of Bubble Bobble so i wish they would release some of the sequels on iOS.

The Midway Arcade app is the way to do it, NOT the Namco app though which sadly is a nightmare and has some silly prices to it.

Cant wait to see the first screens of Pitfall though, hope they do a good job with it !

6. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    #26 LazyGamer, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
    Just give the licence to the makers 'I must run'. Have them make it a mix of running levels and 'non running' and render Mayan adventure style graphics in glorious 2.5D

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I soooo hope they dont do a 'lazy game', eg just another endless runner type game.

Or a Temple Run type clone which we've been seeing recently. Hope its a good nod back to the proper Pitfall type games and like i say having an 'easter egg' and including the original Atari VCS version would be superb

8. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    'I must run' is no endless runner. And the original Pitfall is no gameplay wonder, it is just very few elements thrown together which nowadays have been copied a million times, and many of those more interesting. Running levels would fit the origanal concept, as I said mixed with some non-timed more exporative levels.

9. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Pitfall...back when Activision was the Capcom to Atari's Nintendo. Best 2600 game, bar none.

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yep! That's what I want to see!

11. NinKuji

NinKuji Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Socialworker
    Germany
    keep it (and some other good atari 2600 titles) coming... best activision title back in the days of my first gaming console.