iPad Pixel Kingdom

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If you look at the description of other units, you have to tap them to trigger their abilities. We dont want that conflicting with lane-picking for new summons.

2. Lcfr

Lcfr Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Cool game.
    BUT, why there isn't any settings on it?

I want to turn the music off, so I can listen to my podcasts while playing.

Other than that, it's cool game.

-Lcfr.

3. CloudiestNights

Feb 2, 2013
    Well then, this game is perfect for being free!

Oh, and I tried to spam the basic knight when I had a really high recharge rate for my mana, and it almost lost me the stage. Glad that that can't happen.

4. osvd

osvd Active Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Gamecenter achievements pls!!!!

5. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    #25 xx99, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
    I personally think a code system with only 243 combinations is a pretty poor way to keep a $20 Kickstarter prize away from those that didn't donate.

Found five codes through Google. I assume all codes are just five-element combinations (of only three elements).

Since they are readily available on the Internet:
    Elements are Fire, Water, and Thunder

Dragoon: FFFTF
    Undead army skin toggle: TFFFF
    1500 gold: WTTTW
    5000 gold and 5 gems: TTTTW
    7500 gold and 10 gems: FTTTW

Fair warning: Pumping all of those gems into upgrading the Warrior or Dragoon makes them really powerful and they still only cost 5 mana.

6. kaply

kaply Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Well, my google skills were pretty fail, but the code is guessable. It seems like the same type of unit as the warrior at the same summoning cost with 50 hp and 12 attack as base and upgrades to 75/18 at Lv2. However it is a faster unit. I also somehow activated the undead army while guessing and it changed most of the beginning units into undead which is quite entertaining for a while.

The main appeal for this game for me is it's simplicity as a lane defense game and the fact that the rewards all seem like they're obtainable with some grinding. One other nice touch is that gear purchased shows up on the units. So right now my knights are undead and walking into combat with a flaming sword.

There are some odd decisions though. For a game where the units can vary more than just stats, it's hard to find out information on what the unit actually does after you've bought them. You can't see that information when you select units or when you upgrade them. Same thing for gear, once you've bought it, the upgrade is supposedly permanent but you also have no way of seeing it's overall effect.

Another issue is selecting your units for combat, it's difficult to reorder them. You have to reselect all of them in the exact order that you want them. If you want to shuffle unit 8 into unit 1's position you need to remove all of the units in front then select all of them again to put them back into the lineup.

However, these issues don't particularly detract from the game itself

7. kaply

kaply Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    I think this advice may be a little too short-sighted. Gems are a bit rare and I believe the gains for knight/dragoon becomes very small in the later stages. I chose the knight to level up and at level 6 he has 1650 HP with 360 ATK, Lv 7 will net 1980/432. If you have the numbers for the warrior or dragoon I would love to compare the effects.

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Level 6: HP 375, A 90
    Level 7: HP 450, A 108

I also have the knight leveled and he has been my favorite, but I somehow unlocked the Gladiator and he seems even better. I unlocked the Berserker and he's powerful, but too expensive (40). I can't see using him too much.

9. kaply

kaply Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    I reached arena level 156 with my leveled up knights, I definitely start seeing the need for an aoe unit which the berserker sounds like it might fit the bill as an early unit.

Attached Files:

10. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    #30 xx99, Apr 7, 2013
    Perhaps you're right. For the same mana, I can make four warriors or dragoons though. An equal-leveled knight is a bit stronger and tougher than four warriors, but he can't be divided between lanes and 4 warriors can deal/take 4 times as much knockback and spider webbing. I doubt the warrior is the best unit to level, but I am handling everything the game has thrown at me easily. Maybe I should try the arena now that I've leveled them up.

5 mana cost is also really good in a pinch for lane-changing enemies.

In Classic mode, I use a couple warriors in each lane to handle the baddies and wizards to score the big points. I realize a knight would serve the same purpose, but a few warriors and a couple wizards get essentially no knockback from enemies.

11. Paulos G

Paulos G Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    location, location.
    #31 Paulos G, Apr 7, 2013
    I pumped quite a lot of time into this yesterday. Have to say that I really like the Monk with the black belt. Very handy for stemming the tide when things get a bit busy, especially when supported by a cleric. Really good fun for a lane defence game. Can see it getting a bit grindy at some stage though.

12. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    Just got to 116 in the arena, so perhaps Knights are better for that. I imagine having the power packed into one unit means they get better cleric support.

I assume upgrading the cleric boosts his healing. Can anybody confirm that?

13. kaply

kaply Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2013
    #33 kaply, Apr 7, 2013
    If their cumulative stats are equivalent, then 1 unit is better than 4 units over the long run assuming no Crowd Control effects take place (at least not the limited CC that I've seen from this game, mostly slow effects). This is because if we say that the 1 unit survives 4 minutes in a fight, by the first minute the 4 unit group would have lost one unit and would only be 3/4 as effective, by the third minute the 4 units are down to just a single unit being 1/4 as effective.

Also I'll have to retract the grindy part. I was expecting the game to ramp up gold given but it's been a slow increase. It might pace itself for the 100 levels of normal + 100 levels of underground + arena though.

I think the gladiator unlocked through playing 100+ waves of arena. I forgot what exactly were the specialties of the gladiator if anyone can still post their description that would be helpful. For the remaining ones that I still have left, these are their description (mostly in case I unlock and forget what they do)

Berserker - High ATK and summons lightning on hit to deal damage in the surrounding area.

Paladin - High HP. Paladins heal themselves on hit!

Necromancer - Summons Skeleton units to do all of the fighting!

Ninja - Ranged unit that throws shurikens in multiple directions.

Champion - Extremely high ATK and HP. Their energy slash rips through the lane.

Gladiator - ?

Pirate - Drops bombs while advancing in a lane. Useful for area damage.

Druid - Uses ranged nature magic that passes through enemies and can knockback.

Engineer - Tap him to build a Turret!

Bard - Units who pass by a Bard will gain double speed and x1.5 ATK!

Viking - Tap the Viking to shout! All enemies in the lane will be stunned.

14. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Cool game, but it says it's optimized for iPhone 5. It isn't.

15. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Has anyone gotten any crystals from replaying levels or from the arena? I haven't so there may be a finite number that can be earned.

16. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Great game, I'm not much for lane defense, but this one's jerkin my bobber. I think it would be great to provide some context to these adorable battles, tho. I want to take my band of brave men on a quest to storm the ancient and mysterious castle of the Dark Overlord and put and end to his rule once and for all! (or whatever)

17. Maverik

Maverik Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2013
    What does experience do?

18. LateralusRok

LateralusRok Active Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Sales network solutions.
    Kc
    Yea this is a really cool game. Looks like they are having a little problem with popping in and out of some search results. I have seen this before with my apps and Apple got it fixed within a few days hopefully it does not affect sales too much.

19. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I don't know if anyone caught this, but don't restart your game if you lost because you will still accumulate gold as long as some of your army is left. It will give you slight gold boost if you wait...

Can anyone else confirm please?

20. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Another?

Berzerker or Paladin? I have enough for one, but not the other...

Thx