Universal Pizza Vs. Skeletons - (by Riverman Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 15, 2012.

1. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I tried only 3 levels of the lite version, but will be picking up the full version. The controls are spot on and it is easy to achieve what you want with a bit of practice, like jumping at the right time to avoid skeletons' spears and stomping on top of them. The game is still in the "training stages" so I can't wait to reach the more complex levels.
    As a person who spent more time customising the colours and badges of space marines in DAW than playing the game I like the fact that you can customise the way pizza looks. I am not sure how many different options there are in the full version, but I hope you can keep bringing out more customization options. They are great.

2. AbsolutePhenom

AbsolutePhenom Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    I'm not a fan of tilt controls either. But the game "Plunderland" had tilt controls and that game was still amazing. So I'm just going to go ahead and buy the full version as soon as it drops tonight. :)

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm glad I missed the anti-tilt brigade. People need to learn to shut up and trust that developers have gone with a control method that works. On the whole, I prefer touch, but there are games out there I can't imagine not using tilt... this is likely to be one of them.

Just watched the trailer too, insta-f***ing-buy.

4. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Won't let me download cause of io5
    They're going to lose many sales because of it.
    And if they update it in a few months it still won't recollect those sales because toll be in the middle of a 100+ long wishlist by then..
    Kinda disappointing. Definitely won't be updating my iPad 2 and losing all my items just for PvS but I would have bought it if it ran on 4.3.

5. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Why would updating cause you to lose stuff?

6. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Well, there's two art styles I'm obsessed with: surrealism and monochrome.

Other than those two, I'm not really an art junkie. I usually just buzz to what I'm aesthetically attracted to.

4 more hours *sigh*

7. Luca89

Luca89 Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Icloud support?

8. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    #68 zergslayer69, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    @snoz
    If you're still on 4.3 for jailbreak reasons, you should be aware that there's one for ios5 also, absolutely no reason to not upgrade unless for lazy reasons.

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ A lot of games still need to be fixed for ios5, even big ones like Infinity Blade for instance. I'm still holding out..

10. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Game Impressions

This is one of the few games that shut my mouth about tilting... works as good as in Tilt to Live... meaning it does what you want it to do at the same time your doing it... so kudos to the dev... also has some touch controls which is nice :D.

And another big kudos for not including any IAP at all, and you can get money fast to unlock all the stuff... giving it a lot of replay value. The artwork is amazing but you can see that on the video, framerate on an iPhone 4 is... perfect?

The game istelf features (im on world 3 now) different gameplay styles: roll down an montain, destroy skulls in various settings, rescue dogs, and some levels to show you new enemies and such things... and the boss battles, they are good. So far really good, fun and hilarious game

11. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Could someone post how large the install file is uncompressed please?

12. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    Uncompressed file size is 270mb

13. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I looked at it but it so close to the original size that ithought it was wrong

14. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Well, I played through the lite version and it's pretty much outstanding. I did find myself wanting the camera to be more zoomed out on more than one occasion, but that's a minor gripe. People complaining about tilt controls really need to try the game first before they make themselves look more silly.

Question: does the full version contain IAP?

15. riverman_jacob

riverman_jacob Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! You have no idea how relieved I am that the tilt controls are working for you!

Nope. The whole game, for one price, for all updates, forever.

Jacob

16. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Read the app store description? ;)

EDIT: Beaten to it. >_>

17. riverman_jacob

riverman_jacob Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Haha I'm plagiarizing myself! :)

18. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Syncing right now... genuinely excited, which is becoming an increasingly rare emotion for me in the iOS world.

19. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    Just wanted to let it be known, this is one of my favorite iOS games as of yet. it also has my favorite use of tilt controls.

20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    The artwork in this game is beyond stunning. I've grown bored of the retro attempts and the Limbo-esque monochromatic poetry garbage, so this is a breath of fresh air. Just pure, unbridled artistic talent, smothered in imagination. Even the less popular menus look fantastic, there's been absolutely no expense spared with the presentation.

I've played the first 6 stages so far and there's something about the game that really draws me in, but I can't quite place my finger on what. The gameplay in these early levels, while quite unique in its presentation, isn't exactly complicated. It's all relatively simple but at the same time so pleasant to play. The controls are spot on, there's really nothing more to say about that aspect, which is a good thing... a paragraph about controls would mean serious issues.

The unlockables are really the icing on the cake though, as if we weren't spoiled enough already, we've been given a great reason to replay levels and prolong our enjoyment. From what I've seen, it's all cosmetic, but the artwork is one of the game's strong points, so to get more of it is a complete and utter treat.

I have but one humble request for the developer... please, never change the icon. It's legendary.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to paste this into iTunes, minus this sentence.