Universal Pizza Vs. Skeletons - (by Riverman Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 15, 2012.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Boy am I glad I read the impressions in this thread and got this. I hate platformers with tilt controls with a passion but this plays so differently it 's actually very fun. My favourite release so far this week. :)

2. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Dude I was coming here to post LITERALLY the same thing. I like the music but a lot of times I play games while listening to a podcast. It's not like the music at least turns off when I play mine, it just keeps going and is really loud.

Don't get me wrong, I like the music just fine as well as he sound effects, but this isn't the kind of game that I feel the need to listen to IT while playing it, and it would bring so much more to the table if that could be controlled.

Yes, please add this! There is so much awesomeness to being able to share progress via the cloud, and since this is universal it would be only smart to allow that. Pretty, pretty please?

3. bgribin

bgribin Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Such a great game. If you haven't gotten it yet, get it.

4. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

See tilt on iPhone works Fine, but on the iPad... Ugh, not early as enjoyable. Am I really alone here? Maybe everyone who is fine with the tilting isn't playing in the big old tablet.

5. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yeah, I wasn't even thinking about iPads. At least, the tilt is minimal.

6. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    This game is super fun, with tons of variety in the levels. Production value is top notch. Sound is great. Everything down to the way it awards you stars. Doing it in a way that makes you want to get all three stars on every level. Well done devs.

I hope people are willing to dish out $3 for this great game. Pretty surprised this is a launch sale as well. I would recommend not raising the price to $5. App Store shoppers are incredibly cheap.

I could see this being a huge hit for $1.

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    This won Apple's GOTW in the US, hell yes! BSB and LoE2 got the second and third featured slots.

8. riverman_jacob

riverman_jacob Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Hello everyone! First I'd like to thank everyone for your support, encouragement, and suggestions. I am truly shocked that Pizza is game of the week. There's no doubt in my mind that this is in part thanks to the support of the TA community.

You have given us some great suggestions. Everything from touch controls, to a mute option, to a damage meter, are on the table for future updates. And of course, we have more levels, more "toppings" and possibly another game mode in the works. I cannot promise anything of course, but let me just say this: We made this game for you, and we're going to do the best we can to continue supporting and improving it!

Keep the ideas coming. I'll be sure to check in as much as I can so we can continue talking about what you'd like to see.

Thanks!
    Jacob
    Riverman Media

9. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Congrats on GOTW! As long as you're listening to suggestions I want to add my voice to the requests for iCloud game saves. That would be perfect for this game.

10. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    There's a piece of pizza you pick up or question mark in some levels and you have to get it on the wheel of pizza.

11. riverman_jacob

riverman_jacob Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Definitely on our list! Thanks!

Jacob

12. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    I wasn't sure about getting this for two reasons:

1) iOS 5 requirement

2) size of app 256.7MB

But with all the comments praising this game the temptation is really getting to me.

13. Rollobobo

Rollobobo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Takeshi's Castle
    Congrats! I'm very impressed with this game. Well done!

14. Lappstrong

Lappstrong Active Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Woo hoo! I'm number 3 on the gamecenter leaderboards. This game is ios gold

15. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    People still have a reason not to upgrade?

16. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
  17. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Yeah, there's been a bunch of lag-problems and the like with iOS 5, especially with "lower" end devices, with less RAM than iPhone 4/4S (e.g. iTouch 4g). At least, that's what I've heard. If not, I may very well upgrade...but as of now there hasn't been that much reason to upgrade...

Either way, I really wish I could play this game. Looks really cool!

18. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    iOS 5 all but broke my iTouch 4. Even things like simply typing on these forums have become a chore on that device. Every time I load up a new game it feels like I'm tossing a coin as to whether or not it will crash. It's simply disgraceful what Apple has allowed to happen in this instance. Obviously it can hardly be called a "solution" but I would strongly advise against upgrading an iTouch 4 to iOS 5 if you can at all help it.

19. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    I use ipod 4th gen 4.3 and have not had one problem yet, since ive had it. i also have ipod 3rd gen ios5 which ive not had one problem with either. this game works fine on my ipod 4th gen, i havent tried on my 3rd gen though. like gabrien said. i will NEVER upgrade my ipod 4th gen to ios 5. ####ing bug city. but it works fine on my 3rd gen idk hehe.

20. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Your comment convinced me NOT to upgrade to iOS 5. I'm not about to take that chance even if it means I have to sacrifice this awesome game.:(