Universal Pizza Vs. Skeletons - (by Riverman Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Well, it kinda depends on what iDevice you have. If you have a 4th gen, it seems to me that you shouldn't. But, if you have a 3rd gen, definitely upgrade!

2. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    It's a 4th gen.:(

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Figure I might as well point out that while I believe the people with iOS5 problems are being truthful, it's not a guaranteed occurance. I upgraded my Touch 4th gen as soon as possible and haven't noticed a difference. It's up to you if you wanna take the risk, this could be a case of the vocal minority making the problem sound more widespread than it really is.

4. Vaceotyn

Vaceotyn Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Same here. iPod touch 4g with absolutely zero problems since upgrading to iOS 5. It's unfortunate for the people who are having issues.

Anyway, this game is pretty awesome. Absolutely loving the level diversity and pizza customization.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    If anyone is having problems with iOS 5 they should probably try a restore. Might clear it up and you lose nothing as long as you let iTunes back up your device.

As for this game, it took me a little while to warm up to it, but by the time I finished the lite version I was sold. I haven't started the full version yet, but am looking forward to it. I wish I could skip over the levels from the lite version, but it's not a big deal.

6. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    It saved the levels from the lite version for me so I could continue where I left off.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Really? I didn't think that was possible, but if so that's pretty cool. Unfortunately I think i already deleted the Lite version and thus it's data, so probably I'll miss out on that. Oh well. Not a big deal.

8. Love this game, really fun and the art is fantastic. Congrats on game of the week guys!

9. riverman_jacob

riverman_jacob Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Actually you have a good shot at it working if you install the full version soon. The save data gets cached by the system and is deleted whenever iOS feels like it, but not necessarily when you delete the free version.

Thank you!

Jacob

10. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    @crunc PS: Your odds are probably better if you avoid rebooting.

Jacob

11. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Well, I never really left a formal impression in this thread. So, here's what I said in the GOTW thread: it's ridiculous--over the top, semi-surreal runner/platformer/side scroller that has been aesthetically designed so ridiculously well that it's not even funny.

*In all actuality, it's not really all that OTT.

It was my 2nd place nomination, and I highly recommend it.

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    This proved to be the case. Yeah! Chapter 2 was unlocked when I just launched it.

13. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #153 Ayjona, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    At the risk of inflaming the touch versus tilt debate, devs, are there any plans to implement touch controls, even if you yourself believe them redundant or inferior?

(The tilt controls for PvS are great, some of the best I've played with. But no matter how I try, I just cannot get comfortable with tilt, in any game, and would probably enjoy the game more even with sub-par touch controls.

Not that I think there is any risk of you fellas actually implementing anything less than stellar touch controls ;) But a simple slider or two arrows would be enough for me. And my guess is there are others who feel the same, and hopefully that the resulting increase in sales time will actually yield enough to justify the development process.)

14. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    #154 riverman_jacob, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    Fantastic! I'm really glad this worked. We used a little-known technique that ended up being more reliable than iCloud.

Haha! Heck, let's inflame the debate! First, for the record, both of us grew up with physical controllers, and I've never been able to play games with "virtual" dpads or analog sticks. For me, tilting feels more like a physical controller.

That said since so many of you are asking us to try it, and we made this game for you, not ourselves, we'll at least experiment with it! No guarantees though! Fair enough?

Jacob

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    More than just fair, or enough. Great! ;)

My gaming childhood was spent going from the awesome NES and SNES controllers to the luverly Tac 2 joystick, but for some reason, my reaction to touch controls were the opposite. I still prefer the mouse and keyboard for twitch-based third- and first-person action games, but in most other cases (games that place demands on precision and reflexes such as Street Fighter IV for iOS included), I feel stunted if I am NOT sliding my fingers over a smooth glass screen when I play ;)

And in the spirit of inflamation (and nerd redundancy): t'would be interesting to see a study that pits tilt and touch-based iOS gamers against each other in multiplayer games (Modern Combat 3, Real Racing series, etc), and tries to establish some, or several, norms for which control mechanics result in the quickest physical reaction time, highest accuracy, and overall effectiveness. Though even a brief reflection on how to operationalize and balance the experimental design makes my head feel as though it has just been curbed-stomped by a giant pizza...

16. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this talked about, and I don't remember if I mentioned this, but...

iCade?!?!?

17. riverman_jacob

Apr 3, 2010
    Actually I think that's a fantastic idea. In my previous life I was a user interface designer for IBM, and we did a lot of semi-formal studies like this. There are all sorts of (somewhat) scientific ways to test these things, though of course large sample sizes are required.

Time to apply for a federal grant to test tilt vs. touch... it's in the interest of national security!

Jacob

18. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    this game is awesome ;D

19. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+2]PIZZA VS SKELETONS[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    15/02/2012
    [/size]

Do you like this epic and ridiculous 2D platform game involving pizza?

[size=+3][thread=122836]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

20. dylanmannen

dylanmannen Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    sweden
    have some one found anny of the ten secret ingredients? :D