Universal PKTBALL - Endless Arcade Smash Sport (by Laser Dog)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Apr 6, 2016.

1. LaserRob

LaserRob Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2015
    It's a good point on the timers. The timers are fundamental to the freemium model we're using, but perhaps we could reduce/remove them for people that have supported us. Thanks for the feedback on that.

Also, with the pause button, unfortunately it was too much. Out of the 4 weeks that pktball has been out, I've been away for 3 of them! We already have a system in place for adding new characters and I managed to make the new music fairly quickly. A pause system is unfortunately quite complicated if you didn't plan it from the start (whoops). The main issue is making sure it doesn't introduce any bugs.

I'm back in the office today and pktball is my focus. New features and the android version is what I'm working on today :)

2. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Love the update! The crowns have given me a reason to go back and smash some balls again. Also, I still haven't cracked 400... Grrr...

By the way, Laser Rob, the Game Centre achievement says "Congratualtions" on all the score achievements. Just in case you wanted to fix the typos... No biggie... :)

3. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I'm also getting stuck into the update. I'm most keen to see new characters.

One issue: I've noticed that I seem unable to complete the quest to win 2 banana balls. I've had at least three. Do they have to be in a single game?

4. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    We've got a lot of new characters planned for the future :)

The banana ball quest doesn't have to be in the same game, no. You just need to win a point when there's a banana ball in play. I'll look into it!

5. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #85 mr_bez, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
    99% sure that I've won more than 1, but I'll keep an eye on it. Not much incentive at the moment though, as I have all characters and the maximum 999 coins.

Edit: yeah, just scored another point with a banana ball but it's still at 1/2.

6. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    Hey guys. Is anyone experiencing performance drops with the latest update? We're getting a few of reports of an extreme performance drop at certain times.

We spent most of yesterday trying to replicate this but with no success. If anyone has any info, that would be GREAT!

Thanks!!

7. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    So,

After playing Laser Dogs new Don't Grind game I decided to play PktBall again and this time really give it some time.

I really freaken love this game! I really do lol. I looked up and realized I had played for 1 hour and 20 minutes straight. I unlocked a bunch of characters with that god forsaken claw machine. God I hate those white puff things lol. But I really enjoy the gameplay. The AI is pretty challenging which surprised me. I wanted to contribute more than just watching some ads so I purchased the Robocop as well as the Pkbot characters and shared them on Twitter.

I wish there was online multiplayer. I could see myself playing that in this game. I normally don't do multiplayer but this game would be amazing with it.

From Hopiko, this game, and to Don't Grind I'm now a fan of Laser Dog.

Really great job devs!!!

Billy

8. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    You should really try Alone if you haven't. It's a cave flyer How far can you get/endless game but it's freaken hard as nails. It's probably my favorite game from LaserDog.

I recently downloaded this game, pktball, and it seemed really buggy. A lot of UI elements were missing in the play screen. The first game I played was 2 player against myself to see how well it works with same screen gameplay. I had close the app to get out of the match because there was no pause button. I got the pause button I my next game but then I noticed it was keeping score. It hasn't been updated for iOS 10 yet some that could be the problem. I was hoping to play this with my kids but I couldn't see putting us through that with the game being like it is.

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I was going to buy Alone but it hasn't been updated in so long I didn't want to take the risk. If you vouch for it I'll definitely buy it. I love cave flyers.

As to this game being buggy I didn't notice any at all. Maybe it's because I'm on iOS 9.3.5?????

Billy

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I still have it on my phone (along with pktball and HoPiKo) and it runs great.

Seems to still be a 32-bit app, so iOS 10.2 gives a "This app may slow down your phone" warning, but the game plays perfectly.

11. mawr

mawr New Member

Nov 30, 2016
    Looking good for me on 10.1

12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    FYI this is from Laser Dog's Don't Grind blog post earlier this month:

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Nice. So I started playing at the right time. I'll be sure to spend more money :)

So far my favorite is the Robocop character I bought.

Billy

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Wow. Listed as one of Apple's 10 Best Games of the Year on the UK App Store. Congratulations Laser Dog!

Is that the same in other countries?

15. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
  16. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Does this update address any of the issues I mentioned in my previous post?

17. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    I would hope so! We actually did a big run of bug fixes late last year, but due to family things we didn't manage to finish the update. We've spent the last couple of weeks adding the new characters and fixing other bugs.

If we've missed anything, we're in a position where we can get it patched quickly now. Things have been rather hectic at Laser Dog over the last 6 or so months!

18. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    That's great I'll check it out.

Yeah, I read that you had a baby or rather your wife did. I'm actually amazed you are able to get anything done under those circumstances, lol. Thanks for getting back to me.

19. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    No probs :) I just checked two player and there's a pause button there. If you do see any issues, let us know.

20. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    FYI that patch has gone live now! Thanks :)