Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. Botoshel

Botoshel Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Male
    Student
    Scotland
    Any luck with the CDC?

2. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Speed run score bug fix, crash fix for people with iOS 4 (yes there are still some!) and most importantly for this forum - it also fixes the CDC event which had been bugged and was basically impossible to get. Sorry guys - only noticed it a few days ago!

3. Botoshel

Jan 26, 2013
    Male
    Student
    Scotland

Ha! I knew it.. That's why i haven't updated. And i won't lol.

4. Kayg0000

Kayg0000 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Speed run score still broken for me. Prion is fixed (was broken), bacteria, virus and Neurax don't display correct record. Parasite, Nano and bio working fine, haven't done a fungus or Necroa speed run yet.

5. Trioxin/666

Trioxin/666 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Ok guys! Turns out Patient Zero was impossible until recent update! Now let's get back to trying everything we tried before until we nail this sucker! :)
    Maybe a little hint for our trouble James? ;)

6. StarViruZ

StarViruZ Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Mexico
    #3026 StarViruZ, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    Well, it's time to try again all we did to see if finally CDC message appears. Looks like also we must don't evolve lethal symptoms to avoid kill patient zero (or index case :p)

Wait a second... it's me or the date where appeared CDC message occurred at 4/June/2013? How oddly lol.

7. Mkesaber

Mkesaber Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    You right on bio. Lots of room for improvement. Got it down to 214.

8. VictorT93

VictorT93 Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    London
    Patient Zero

So, as suspected, the CDC achievement was set up to be impossible with the initial v1.6 release and needed to be "de-bugged", just like NaZG didn't work. Difficult to guess if this was due to a lack of testing before release or was by design to stretch out the window before all the achievements were discovered.

Anyway, now back to the initial strategy of going through the top 10 infectious diseases - transmissions and symptoms - to see if anything pops up with the CDC banners. Interestingly whenever I start in China on Necroa casual I nearly always get a CDC banner message of some sort just before China is 100% infected, so I guess that's my first strategy.

It would really help to know if Patient Zero is specific to one type of disease (virus, bacteria, necroa) or if it's not specific to any particular one. I couldn't discern any hint from the plague graphic with the CDC pop up over the USA and suspect that's a doctored image in any case. Guess I'll persevere with Necroa for the time being.

Anyone getting anywhere yet with this?

9. Botoshel

Jan 26, 2013
    Male
    Student
    Scotland
    Haven't updated yet.. Probably won't anyway. We've discussed a few strategies worth trying now since the update. You might want to take a look a couple of pages back and give them a try. Good luck to you

10. VictorT93

VictorT93 Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    London
    #3030 VictorT93, Jul 30, 2013
    Major Discovery - DOH

Just had my "Homer Simpson" moment for today guys and girls! DOH

Maybe it's just me thats a bit thick but I just discovered something new which I wish someone had told me about sooner.

I tried to do NAZG again to check it still worked after the update, infected India, zoonotic, bat 1, saliva, and waited for the rabid bats pop-up............NADA.

before I saved and closed I decided to ckeck on the news banner history ( icon to the left of the banner at the top of the screen.) THERE IT WAS!

The rabid bat message was in the news thread even though it had never been scrolled across the screen. In fact, about 50% of the news thread messages had never been displayed during the game.

Every game I now play (CDC Patient Zero) I check the banner history after my starting country gets to about 50% infected and there's always a CDC banner news headline in there, and about half of the time it's never been displayed.

I guess this makes finding the Patient Zero thread more easy to spot from now on.

Is this a recent change to the game or has it always been like this?

11. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Since the update to 1.6.2 I haven't been able to get under 300 days, any advice/tips or changes to your previously posted strategy.

12. redpill

redpill Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Nope. I tried using the cheat plagues to see if getting noticed faster would trigger something, but even getting noticed within 60 days didn't yield any special messages. Also tried some Necroa runs. Got excited when a box popped up before I realized I had accidentally triggered Darkwater. lol.

13. Mkesaber

Mkesaber Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    #3033 Mkesaber, Jul 30, 2013
    Bio speed run strategy

China @ Boost, native, sympto, Darwin, urbo

Evolve order
    1. Rat1, cough, sneeze, pneu
    Rash, sweat, lesions
    Cyst, absces, hypersens
    2. Drug2, water2, bird2, air2
    3. WAIT - till Greenland infected ~ 100+DNA
    4. Annilate, enviro hard
    5. Sym/trans as needed.

Tweak for best results. Watch out for morocco.

14. Zyzoxing

Zyzoxing Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    Wow it's been so long since I've posted here, Havn't messed around in Plague Inc for a while. Looks like a lot of fun. Will def have to see all the improvements!

15. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Patient Zero - Died - shame.

Immune Disease doing a space run.

Attached Files:

16. Botoshel

Jan 26, 2013
    Male
    Student
    Scotland
    #3036 Botoshel, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013

Nicely done :)

Been trying a similar strategy a week ago and never got anything like that. Anyway i doubt it's possible on 1.6.1

17. DarkShadow12

DarkShadow12 Member

Jul 16, 2013
    How in the name of hell did u do it? HELP US!!!

18. StarViruZ

StarViruZ Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Mexico
    Did appear the CDC message about NASA/CDC?

19. Botoshel

Jan 26, 2013
    Male
    Student
    Scotland

He said that he went for the Space achievement but instead got the CDC.

So start in USA for sure and use the immune plague. Then use your imagination.. As you can see the death toll is 250 k over a period of 1 year so i'm guessing that he went lethal (not too lethal!) and then he devolved whatever symptoms that provided lethality and then.. Probably waited? Not sure as i don't have the slightest clue.

Good luck

20. Shutdown

Shutdown New Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Start where you want. Infect everyone with non-lethal symptoms. Wait... and wait... and wait... eventually the CDC-message pops up. Then go lethal.