Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. StarViruZ

StarViruZ Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Mexico
    #3041 StarViruZ, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    Oh god, I should read this before, just got CDC message too.
    CDC messages aren't important after all I guess, just did Immune plague, Drug 1, wait for CDC message (I got public defecation clue) so I evolved Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, insomnia, paranoia, seizures, insanity (devolved seizures after), added some shit of transmissions and abilities, got cdc message (mid-2015) but never get public defecation combo, get finally the combo after 1 year, cdc near pz (2017) and finally ruined it with most lethal symptoms. But I guess if I evolved only seizures, inflamation and paralysis I could get cdc fail to find pz.

Don't do everything I did, is just what I did. Just start with some transmissions and after 6 months add all non-lethal symptoms (avoid profuse bleeding combo), be patient to get cdc message, if you get a cdc message just still waiting for another cdc message and finally add 10% lethality to your disease and that's all.

2. Botoshel

Botoshel Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Male
    Student
    Scotland
    Well.. Now that all the achievements are solved i guess we can relax a little.

3. VictorT93

VictorT93 Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    London
    Was trying it out on bacteria casual, waited until I infected everyone, then had a strange pop up message about Bill Gates planning a historic space cure mission and was putting astronauts into quarantine.

Can't remeber if this is the normal get plague ito space achievement or a different, but similar message?

Anyone out there remember?

4. Kayg0000

Kayg0000 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #3044 Kayg0000, Jul 31, 2013
    Pretty close summary of what I did in fact - Botoshel.

Apols for delay posting, went out of wifi range for a while.

Here is what I did. Immume Cheat Disease
    1. start in USA - not necessary, can be anywhere
    2. evolve drug 1, then onto Extreme Bio, doesn't matter if you get air/water first, I was doing a space run, so this again my be unnecessary
    3. evolve insomnia, paranoia, seizures, ran out of DNA, at this point I was noticed and got first death pop up
    4. evolve insanity (still doing space run), devolve seizures after approx 250,000 dead.
    5. wait - coughing, cysts and pheumonia mutated.
    6. got the Icure released pop up so evolved, Rash and Sweating.
    7. got the space planned. wait
    8. got the CDC hunts message. wait.
    9. got the CDC closing in message. added Total Organ Failure
    10. got the CDC fails message.

So that's
    Tranmissions - extreme bio (probably optional)
    Symptoms - Insomnia, Paranoia, Seizures (devolve after getting insanity), Insanity, Coughing, Pneumonia, Cysts, Rash and Sweating.
    Abilities - Drug 1

5. Mkesaber

Mkesaber Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    #3045 Mkesaber, Jul 31, 2013
    CDC simplified

Good find Kayg. The solution is very simple. The infection route is meaningless, all that matters is little lethality until final pop-up.

1. Infect everyone with zero lethality. (devolve anything lethal)
    2. Just wait (around 65% cure rate u get pop ups.)
    3. Evolve organ failure after u get 'close to patient pop-up'

My only question. What the hell where u doing space hunting? lol

6. StarViruZ

Jul 15, 2013
    Mexico
    #3046 StarViruZ, Jul 31, 2013
    Just tried again, I recommend use Catalytic Switch to ensure infinite DNA.

What I did?
    1. Immune Plague on Casual
    2. Start on China
    3. Added shitload of transmissions and abilities to infect fast the world
    4. Evolved Diarrhoea and insanity (just to increase severity and very low rate of death) and any non-lethal symptoms. After devolved Seizures.
    5. Boredom! Waited until 2016 to get CDC message while popping blue bubbles and devolving mutations
    6. Waited another year to get CDC near Patient Zero.
    7. Evolved Seizures, Inflammation, Paralysis (just increase lethality up to 15%) to kill Patient Zero and get that achievement >:D

Now let me edit my Plague Inc..txt file and play Minecraft :p

Attached Files:

7. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Proving that the method posted on http://dimawest.livejournal.com/732.html is flawed, as it does not include any lethality to make the mission fail

8. SirArsenaL

SirArsenaL Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Hey KayG or anyone else. I already have Due Diligence so I wait until it says the link to PfiGlax is confirmed but it always says there is no link so I keep on repeating due dilligence which seems odd.

Any help please?

9. Botoshel

Jan 26, 2013
    Male
    Student
    Scotland
    You don't get the disease link if you haven't got blood 1

10. Botoshel

Jan 26, 2013
    Male
    Student
    Scotland
    Well done Kayg! As they say,you saved the day!

Just as i suspected.. Nothing occurs on 1.6.1---Achievement broken to pieces. Nothing except the Space Achievement.

11. StarViruZ

Jul 15, 2013
    Mexico
    #3051 StarViruZ, Jul 31, 2013
    Plague Inc. achievement guide updated

Ok, just updated the Plague Inc. achievement guide.

And now after CDC, Speed run is the new craze here :3

Make sure you haven't evolved Genetic Hardening and Reshuffle 1 & 2 before PfiGlax link message. You must read well on that.

No lethal symptoms necessary? Explain me pwease!

12. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #3052 Kayg0000, Jul 31, 2013
    Revised soup to nuts.

PfiGlax from soup to nuts
    Necroa Casual

Genes
    1. DNA – ATP boost (need lots of DNA quickly)
    2. Travel – Native Biome (need lots of DNA quickly)
    3. Necroa – Dopamine Inhibitor
    4. Mutation – creationist
    5. Environment – Urbophile (UK is urban)
    Start in UK

Within 60 days evolve Saliva 1 and Segmented Genome as quick as possible.

First PfiGlax message is “PfiGlax announces early success for AIDS cure” and occurs after 60 days. At this point if you want to reduce mutations devolving segmented genome (250% mutation chance) is acceptable.

Consider getting drug1, gene hard, gene shuffle 1, cold 1 and heat 1 to increase the time before a forced mutation (if you choose to devolve segmented genome, if not don't bother)

Monitor news listing for two messages
    Banner message: Blog claims PfiGlax struggling with virus mutation
    Banner message: PfiGlax executives in huge share sell off

collect DNA 45+ and ignore pop-ups, including random mutations, we don't have to win the game to get the achievement.

if hyper salivation evolves - more infectivity so leave it
    if insomnia evolves - reduced cure so leave it
    if filters for ships/planes evolve water 1 (requires saliva 2) or air 1 – but this is not necessary.
    if notice (new minor disease .... ) ignore it as it doesn't matter where the disease is noticed.

Once enough DNA, regardless of whether you have been noticed or not, evolve to zombies by the following in the given order: - Insomnia, Fever, photophobia, delirium, Cytopathic Reanimation.

Wait and collect more DNA. (various normal game messages, scientists concerned etc - ignore)

The next origin specific pop up is “PfiGlax linked to <disease>”

For Due Diligence: Evolve drug 1, gene hard, gene shuffle 1, and the trigger gene shuffle 2
    Wait for pop up about “No <disease> link to PfiGlax” – achievement attained.​

If you have already done “due diligence” then (devolve gene shuffle 2 if you have evolved it) and wait

The next origin specific pop up is “PfiGlax link to <disease> Confirmed”

For Banana Skin: Autolytic Delay, Putrefactive Resistance and Liquefactive Resistance.
    Wait for pop up about “PfiGlax fails to manipulate <disease>” – achievement attained.​

If you have already done “banana skin” then wait

The next origin specific pop up is “PfiGlax able to manipulate <disease>”

For Don’t ask me: Evolve heat1/cold1 and mummification.
    Wait for pop up about “<disease> modification project fails” – achievement attained.​

13. VictorT93

VictorT93 Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    London
    #3053 VictorT93, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    Patient Zero Bacteria

Has anyone managed to get the Patient Zero achievement on anything other than the immune plague?

I've managed to get the first two CDC messages on bacteria casual, but the cure completed before the CDC failure final message, probably because I didn't have sufficient DNA to get lethal enough symptoms. My guess is that it's possible with every disease type but very hard to actually get.

Ran it again being more conservative with the DNA, infected everyone just as the cure hit 60% ish just as the first CDC pop up hit. Waited for the second CDC Pop up and had to do a reshuffle when the cure hit 90% and got the second CDC pop up, did the other 2 reshuffles to move the cure back to around 60% and evolved every lethal symptom apart from skin leasions and heamophilia and waited for the final message. Unfortunately everyone died before the final CDC message hit so, on this occassion, no cigar.

I reckon it's possible, but very difficult which was how the achievement was probably built in the first place. Shame it wasn't disabled on the cheat plagues (HINT TO JAMES) as it spoiled what would have been a fun race to get it on normal diseases, and given the game a significantly longer life before only the speed runs were left - about where we are now just a few days after the update.

14. Botoshel

Jan 26, 2013
    Male
    Student
    Scotland
    That went well ...

Interesting achievement i must say.

Waiting for the next mutation. I wonder what that might be..

Attached Files:

15. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    I know James didn't want to give the beta testers an advantage on NAZG so had it disabled in the beta release. I recommend he include everything in the next mutation, to avoid the NAZG bat message and CDC impossible issues of 1.6

Can't wait to see what your headline is going to be, we'll deserved reward my friend.

16. Diogot

Diogot Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Meanwhile I'm just sitting here, waiting for 1.6 to be available on android...

17. Ixodes

Ixodes Member

May 29, 2013
    Kayg and Mkesaber, I have tried your methods for CDC achievement and can't get the messages. Multiple starting places, immune plague, symptoms, etc. I get all the i cure and space mission messages, but sit until 2019 with nothing after infecting the world. What genes are you using? I have cytochrome surge...maybe I need exactly what you are using. I have the latest update.

18. Botoshel

Jan 26, 2013
    Male
    Student
    Scotland

Thank you. As for the headline.. It's not original at all but... James thinks it will be ok so i guess it will do.

Attached Files:

19. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #3059 Kayg0000, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
    Immune cheat, start anywhere but try to avoid causing other story chains, E.g. Avoid USA and extreme bio, I know that was how I got it but I was lucky. I have since had it whilst in the UK and other places. Catalytic switch (blue bubbles) since the cure will be active for a while, aquacyte, sympto, creationist, extremophile. Are what I had.

Make sure to evolve drug 1 early, and for me, I always deliberately cause some deaths by evolving seizures to get insanity and not devolving seizures immediately. Devolve after around 200,000 deaths. May not be required but always works for me. So start anywhere, extreme bio, drug 1, insomnia round to insanity, delvolve seizures after a while, coughing, pneumonia and cysts. Add rash and sweating to handle the Icure. Should get pop ups around 65%

20. Botoshel

Jan 26, 2013
    Male
    Student
    Scotland
    CDC achievement should be 100 % accurate.. Again,nice job Kayg0000;)

CDC was a bitch but i still don't see how the info they are getting helps developing a cure..