Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. starlight

starlight New Member

Nov 9, 2012
    School
    Kstovo
    #901 starlight, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
    Hello everyone, first post on this forum. Came here for some achievement guides, since everything is beaten on Brutal.
    First thing that I want to say (noticed recently) - this game is not saving the achievements offline (and even online). Few minutes ago made USA nuke Russia (via guide by Kayg0000), and of course, achievement was not given. Also, I was not given nearly all achievements that I earn - didn't get any of them that are given for unlocking new plague types, cheat types, symptom combos, Neurax Worm achievements... Now I got to to re-play everything -_- And not sure if the goddamn achievements will be given.

And now can anyone tell me what the hell is this:
    [​IMG]

2. Kayg0000

Kayg0000 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Issues should be emailed to developer

Developer reads this forum occasionally but for a quicker response email them.
    From the start screen click the "i" in the bottom right, takes you to a screen with "email us" option.

Nuclear Meltdown is the Stalkers delight achievement. I have no idea how to cause it, it generally happens when lethality is high but not to high.

I know folks have completed brutal on all disease types and not unlocked the cheats, you must have an extreme version of that bug.

3. abbad0n

abbad0n Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Not just the cheats can be a problem. When I first started I had to win 2 games to unlock the next plague type. Very annoying.

4. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Will look into explaining DNA more. Re popping bubbles - sorry but that is here to stay. It helps keep people involved and you can use the auto-pop gene if you want to remove it now.

Great - glad you like it :)

Wow, I love seeing these times!

Interesting - will think about it but quite complex for little benefit imo

Heh, would be cool but I think its best to focus my energy on things which more people would enjoy :p

Will look into it

Should still be able to get it but need to double check

I read everything! Just takes me a day or two normally - I try not to constantly check forums as it is a distraction from the harder work!

Will look into this again - very strange bug which we can't reproduce ever!

5. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    When is the next update?

6. Ndemic Creations

A small update to add support for the iPhone 5 widescreen just went live. I brought this forwards because a lot of people were wanting it and didn't seem fair to keep them waiting for zombies.

I am hard at work on the Zombie update (1.5) and hope to have it finished soon!

7. pj91198

pj91198 New Member

Sep 30, 2012
    #907 pj91198, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
    Umm not sure what happened but i am pretty sure i had a bugged game. Went for a speed game and i cant say exactly but i have never seen thus many point ever

Went hijack/biome/trans stasis/hydrolysis/extreme

Points went crazy and i ended up filling every ability by february and end the game at 140days and 500 points to spend.

I an getting good but not that good

IMG_0419.PNG

8. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    This looks interesting but do you seriously have to spend all those 69p's just to get the diseases?

9. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    If you win the prior disease on brutal you unlock the next for free.

10. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Bugged game

Number of days is a factor and 136 would put you in the right area. Would be interested in what you evolved and in what order. 3% cure implies hiding for a while but 136 days indicates otherwise. So a bugged game, possible. Can you repeat?

11. pj91198

pj91198 New Member

Sep 30, 2012
    After i updated, my first game seemed normal

Every game since has been this hyper game finishing in 128-145 days.

12. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #912 Kayg0000, Nov 10, 2012
    Bugs in update 1.4.1

What strategy/approach - what did you evolve in what order. I don't doubt your score I have/had (see warning below) 580,080 for a brutal worm.

I've backed off to 1.4 from the 1.4.1 update (Warning do not do if you want to keep you scores - achievements and unlocks are fine, scores are lost)

I noticed, on my IPAD at least, that the "modify genetic code" screen for 1.4.1 always shows the first gene in each group where with 1.4 it used to show what you had last picked.

If you go into the gene groups you see the ones you picked but in my case the MGC screen always shows, ATP boost, Teracyte, Ionised Helix, Darwinist, Xerophile, so can I really trust it. Hence backed off to 1.4.

Now to work on my scores again :(

Please fix ASAP Ndemic Creations

13. kholmar

kholmar New Member

Nov 8, 2012
    Unlock Cheats achievement

I double checked.
    I have the three bars on every plague type, including the neurax worm (not that I think this one matters) but I don't yet have the 'Unlock Cheats' achievement.

I purchased the cheats prior to beating all plague types though, so I am sure that is the cause of the bug.

One last thing, I played them all on Normal and Brutal but I never played all of them on Casual, is that even tracked anywhere?

thanks!
    Fantastic game!
    kholmar

ps, running on an iPad 2, currently at 1.4.1 but haven't played any games on 1.4.1

14. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #914 Kayg0000, Nov 10, 2012
    Re: Unlock cheats achievement

(see above post)

The first bar on each plague type, is casual, the second is normal, the third is brutal. So the game knows on one level that you have done casual for each type.

I do have the achievement, I did not purchase, but I did play each plague on casual, normal and brutal, this was before the worm so I don't know if that is a factor. Hope this helps

IPAD 2, IOS 6, was running Plague 1.4.1, but reverted to 1.4 due to bugs in 1.4.1

15. Levinsia

Levinsia New Member

Nov 10, 2012
    #915 Levinsia, Nov 10, 2012
    Space Mission

Hey Lads,

I'm new here so i thought I might start by giving a rundown on how I got space achievement - as my first contribution

Started in, yours truly, USA (Brutal, make sure you have Ionised Helix, Metabolic Jump and Darwinist genes inserted, they will come in handy later). I also made a conscious effort of devolving all the lethal symptoms - except for seizure - as soon as they mutated.

Transmission was my first priority so maxed out Air and Water (Air1,2, Water 1,2 and BioAerosol)

Straight after I had Drug resistance 1 and 2.

Then I was thinking to myself: what can possibly push the govt to desperately send someone to space to look for cure? Simple answer, they'll go looking if they can't find any cure on earth. In other word, give them the hardest possible time finding cure.

So next step: Genetic Hardening 1,2 and Genetic Reshuffle 1,2,3

By this time my disease already have captured the attention of the world but not enough for them to put it in high priority.

So I evolved all the non-lethal symptoms (including Insanity) - added seizure in there as well - and then I just sit back and wait. (Note that by this point I had exactly 0 DNA points left)

5 minutes later Bill Gates had this great Idea of launching space mission. Space Mission Planned.

Immediately devolve all symptoms and leave just Insanity, Insomnia and Paranoia. You'll realise thanks to ionised helix you have tons of DNA points now

Soon space mission will be lauched. Added a minor Lethal symptom - in my case it was seizure - then I waited

Space mission a failure message soon popped.

16. bluewomble88

bluewomble88 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009

I'm sorry for sounding like such a noob but what does this mean?

17. Ndemic Creations

Thanks for pointing it out - an annoying little bug which we have now fixed and will submit shortly. To avoid - don't use the hijack, metabolic jump or cytochrome surge genes

Looking into it now. Thanks for pointing it out. This is only a graphical issue - the gene that you select is the one you use

It means that you don't need to pay to unlock any disease type. You get them just by winning the game with the previous disease type!

18. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Is that for 1.4.1 only or also 1.4

I have managed to get my high score to 580080 from a brutal worm, 1% complete, requires no more healthy pop up which I don't always get. Would be nice to save game near the end, and reload if I don't get the message, but saves no longer persist across a win, for the reason you pointed out, and I understand that.

19. wasian

wasian Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Technician
    Florida
    Unlock Cheats shouldn't matter

I have purchased the Cheats, and after working hard on Brutal for awhile, managed to beat each of the diseases; and got the achievement.

Running on IOS 5 with Ipod Touch 4th gen. have 1.4.1 of Plague.

Also, I don't know if this is the issue, but to beat Neurax on Brutal, I had to do it twice, once for
    The "Your disease is treated as a god"
    thing an once by
    making everyone commit suicide

20. kholmar

kholmar New Member

Nov 8, 2012
    #920 kholmar, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
    interesting

that's interesting kayg because I have all three bars but I know I only played casual level one time, the first time I played. I remember because it annoyed me that it didn't unlock the next plague type so I never played casual again. LOL

It must fill in the casual bar if you play normal and maybe fills in both casual and normal if you play brutal? guessing here, no data.

ps to ndemic.
    next time you need beta testers, I would be interested.
    i have beta tested several games including WoW, Asheron's Call and several others. Also I was usability/functional/regression tester at IBM for several years.

thanks!
    kholmar