Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. APG

APG Member

Sep 2, 2012
    New personal best for insane bolt:

134 days with a score total of 621,340

2. Kayg0000

Kayg0000 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Are you using the bugged 1.4.1 update for that, if so doesn't count due to the bug. See pj91198's postings on page 91/92 they have had 128 days but its a bugged event.

3. nijikai

nijikai Member

May 30, 2012
    Hey, so, I haven't been around for a while, and when I went to play plague inc the other day after it updated, there was all these weird genes. It's said they unlock naturally as you play, but I've already beaten everything! Do I need to do it all again to get the gene mods!? D:

4. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    You get one random gene from those you have not already obtained for each game with any disease, any difficulty, you just have to win. 25 genes, 25 winning games. I did 25 casual bacteria as I was also trying to set a personal best for the insane bolt achievement.

5. nijikai

nijikai Member

May 30, 2012
    Sounds great! But, what's insane bolt? Should I be devising a strategy myself?

6. murdoc158

murdoc158 New Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I beat all the levels a while back on brutal on my iPhone. Stopped playing for a while, now updated and my cheats are still unlocked. I open the game on my iPad and the cheats are locked. I'm signed into Game Center on both devices.

7. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    New achievements - check them out

New achievements were added to the game, one of which is insane bolt. Beat bacteria in 365 days or less.

Others are related to the worm plague.

8. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #928 Kayg0000, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    V1.2 says it handles iCloud sync, disease type unlocks sync'ed on multiple devices. Assuming that iCloud works or is configured properly between both devices then this is one for the developer or someone else with to devices, I myself only have an IPad. Try emailing the developer.

9. nyos

nyos New Member

Nov 2, 2012
    just did 191 on insane bolt (fyi: im playing on android v1.3 so NO bug:) )

@ndemic: i was wondering, if you got any idea when the worm update (i guess its 1.4) will be released on android? i know you're not responsible for the android release, but there is no harm in asking ;)

10. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Update is coming
    Plague inc is in my updates but on the old version this always happens before an update comes out

11. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Only 1.4.1. Update 1.4.2 is now out and fixes the issue

Correct!

Kayg0000 got you covered here - you unlock one each time you win!

You need to enable icloud data sync on both devices

Don't worry - I am working very closely with Miniclip on Android and the Neurax Worm will be coming very soon!

12. Ndemic Creations

Don't get too excited - its a minor bug fix update (1.4.2)

Zombies in 1.5 are still being worked on :)

13. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Zombie plague

New here playing this game and I can't wait for the new zombie plague no doubt it's going to very unique form other plague types but I wonder how the gameplay is going to be like
    Any hints

14. murdoc158

murdoc158 New Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Settings\iCloud\Storage & Backup\Manage Storage\iPhone then "show all apps" Plauge Inc is turned on for both my devices.

15. APG

APG Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Is it just me or do metabolic jump and hijack not work properly after updating to 1.4.2?

16. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Genes in 1.4.2

No it is not just you. I have a particular plague profile (start, what to evolve and when, genes) that under 1.4 left me with approx 190 DNA at world infected but under 1.4.2 leaves me with approx 120 DNA. I use the metabolic jump gene but don't always get extra points (click bubble sometimes get the normal 1 point sometimes get boosted 2 points)

I have mentioned it to developer.

17. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #937 tblrsa, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    Game Impressions

Your version does look more polished than Pandemic and I´ve already had tons of dark humored fun with it. However, I have bought both games. Here are my impressions on your game:

- German Translation is of very high quality. Rarely seen these days, so Thumbs Up for that.

- Music does fit the setting.

- Unlockable Genes, Special Occasions (USA nuking Russia, Swine Flu, Combos) and all those different Plague types make you coming back for more.

- Humor is overall very dark and good. News Feed Message Style reminds me to the good old "Zak Mc Cracken" Adventure Game. You remember the real Newspaper it came attached with? Yeah, it was a bit like that and I certainly feel my age being honored. :D

Some suggestions from me:

- Add still images. You know, like the ones "UFO - Enemy Unknown" and "X-Com - Terror From The Deep" had. Just some images to picture the terror. They don´t have to be too graphic, but it would be cool to have an image for each combo, victory and defeat. Or a picture showing doctors preparing the cure. I´d love to see some of those. Oh my, remove the picture of an insane president of the USA from my head. :D

[​IMG]

- Add more creative Plague Types. I´ve read Zombies are on the way and I honestly can´t wait. :)

- Add a little Back Story at the End of each game. "Plague infected Patient Zero at X. First Land it swapped over to was X. It was identified after X days by Doctor at Land Y. It spread over sea to X. You get the idea. This is personal and I would like to read about the story of my Plague.

Nothing more from me for now. Great work for your first project!

18. Ndemic Creations

Can you drop me an email from in game - will help get this sorted for you

I am aware that there is an issue with the Metabolic Hijack (auto-pop) gene. When auto-popping bubbles - it will often not award DNA points. This problem is due to a rounding error and has now been fixed. An update will be submitted soon. In the mean time, to avoid this issue, please don't use the Metabolic Hijack gene.

Note: Metabolic Jump and Cytochrome Surge are working as intended - occasionally giving more DNA

Thanks for your patience!

Thanks for this - very kind :)

• Still images - I am adding more to go with events although not planning to make them full screen at this time
    • More creative Plague types - the new zombie virus is shaping up very nicely ;)
    • Back story - This is on my to do list but quite a few things are higher up the priority ranking currently. Hopefully in the future!

19. Tinkerboy

Tinkerboy Active Member

Nov 12, 2012
    CEO of Tinker Games
    Bandung
    A verry addictive game! Well done!!

20. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    #940 Kayg0000, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    I have to disagree

I use metabolic jump (more DNA for biohazard bubbles) and not the hijack gene and don't always get a bonus

Under 1.4 without the gene biohazards give 1 DNA, with the boost 2 DNA
    Under 1.4.2 without the gene biohazards give 1 DNA, with the boost sometimes 1 DNA sometimes 2 DNA

I have exactly the same plague profile, where I start, what genes and what I evolve in what order. Over 20 games each version, average DNA at world infected for 1.4 (190DNA) for 1.4.2 (120DNA)